Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

It's Spring

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

It's Spring Empty
PostSubject: It's Spring   It's Spring EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 7:33 am

Last night the forecast for today was sunshine.  My wife said she wanted to go to Landau to the Farmer’s market, peruse what they had to offer and sit at a sidewalk café for a coffee. 
I noticed this morning that birds were chirping and the rooster across the way was chasing the hens.  I can only guess, but he may have told the hens to run when they saw the master coming so that the master would be convinced that he was doing his duty, otherwise his head would roll and he would be replaced.
We went on our trip to Landau.  The sun was shining although it was rather cool/cold.  After a walk through the market, we sat at an open Café and ordered our coffee.  I took note of the ladies strutting their stuff.  Even though it was cool, some had their jackets open and the boobs bouncing.  I couldn’t help but notice the stiff nipples protruding through the tight sweaters/blouses.  Note:  As writers we are supposed to be descriptive to give the reader a good picture and I’m trying to do just that. Twisted Evil 
As I sat there with spring in the air, I said to my wife:  “I was thinking of proposing to you again, but I’m not good at rejection.”  She replied:  “Good thought.”  I wasn’t sure how to take that.  Perhaps she noticed my attention to the ladies, however I added, “If I should propose I want it clear that I wouldn’t want to start another family.”  She said.  “I would want that in writing, however that would be impossible.”  (She had her tubes tied). 
Since I was treating her to the coffee, I said that she could treat me to lunch tomorrow at the Poseidon Restaurant – our favorite eating place.  She agreed.  Although it is not a one-to-one cost factor, the money comes out of the same pot.  I’m thinking that after the Ouzo and with some wine, I may have the courage to make that proposal just for clarification
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

It's Spring Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Spring   It's Spring EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 8:00 pm

Good move Abe. If more married folks renewed their commitment, there would be fewer divorces. Love has to be cultivated, and cultivated every so often to keep it alive, and warm.

I like to hear stories like yours.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

It's Spring Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Spring   It's Spring EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 12:45 am

Thanks Domenic. I try to do something or say something that will start the day with a smile.  I think it sets the tone for the day.  I enjoy laughing and when I hear a good joke/story, I like to pass it along.
Dick Stodghill often made posts that poked fun at his wife, Jackie.  I'm guessing that they had a fun time together and she was game for a humorous story even though she was often the subject.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

It's Spring Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Spring   It's Spring EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 8:08 am

Had that sunday dinner/lunch.  Everything was great.  I finally got the courage to pop the question.  I said, "How about a contract for another ten years?"  My wife said, "Make it fifteen years.  That should do it."
In 15 years she will be 91.  Perhaps she's right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

It's Spring Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Spring   It's Spring Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Spring
Page 1 of 1