Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Fraud Alert Check Your Charge Cards Contact Credit Agencies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Fraud Alert  Check Your Charge Cards Contact Credit Agencies Empty
PostSubject: Fraud Alert Check Your Charge Cards Contact Credit Agencies   Fraud Alert  Check Your Charge Cards Contact Credit Agencies EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 5:18 pm

12/19/2013

To all my friends here, I got a phone call on Tuesday from one of my credit
                 cards asking me did I reply for another one of their cards, I said no ! I have two.
                 They told me someone in Texas used my name and SS # to try to get a card in my
                 name, what alerted them was my address didn't match with the one they gave in
                 Texas, they stopped it. I was told to contact online one of the credit agencies and
                 file a fraud alert...I called them today and asked if it was on my report and they said
                 yes, that I should also contact  www.ftc.gov/idtheft. I did and downloaded the 
                 document and I have to mail them to the credit agency along with copies of my ID
                 and it gives me seven years of protection. Thank God they called me.. So beware, I'm
                 sure you heard of Target and 40 million names and ID's stolen....Too much out there, I
                was even told the FBI is working hot and heavy on this vital issue..

Cheers..Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Fraud Alert Check Your Charge Cards Contact Credit Agencies   Fraud Alert  Check Your Charge Cards Contact Credit Agencies EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 10:36 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Joe.  At this time of year there is much fraud.  People so intent on buying and overlook normal precautions.  Using cash is a good defense against CC fraud, but that is not what most want to do.
It was reported that in Germany there is a break-in somewhere every ten minutes.  It happens every year.  Those that have been caught are from the Eastern part of Europe.  Roaming bands appear to be organized.  They watch when people leave their homes.  They check newspapers to see when there is a funeral knowing that people will be away from home.   Unfortunately, when one sees a person not from the village or a car that is from outside the area, they are suspect.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Fraud Alert Check Your Charge Cards Contact Credit Agencies   Fraud Alert  Check Your Charge Cards Contact Credit Agencies EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 2:06 am

Take care, Joe! Do not send your credit details TO ANYONE! Your credit card company would not request such information. The telephone call was a scam. If you have given details by post or email, phone your credit card company immediately and cancel your cards. The link doesn't work. It's a phishing site.

http://www.bbb.org/blog/2013/03/scammers-hijack-ftcs-name-for-fake-complaint-emails/
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Fraud Alert Check Your Charge Cards Contact Credit Agencies   Fraud Alert  Check Your Charge Cards Contact Credit Agencies EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 7:56 am

12/20/2013

Shelagh..

WHen I called the company they verified the first phone call was from
               their fraud division, I called the credit card company at their regular number when I
               got suspicious. My information I don't know how they got it ! What the person was
               trying to do is get another card in my name, Now I have a big red flag on me at all
               three agencies.

Cheers..Joe... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fraud Alert Check Your Charge Cards Contact Credit Agencies   Fraud Alert  Check Your Charge Cards Contact Credit Agencies Empty

Back to top Go down

Fraud Alert Check Your Charge Cards Contact Credit Agencies
Page 1 of 1