Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

A Wooffer story reviewed as "laborious"

Go down 
+4
alj
dkchristi
joefrank
Betty Fasig
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

A Wooffer story reviewed as "laborious" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wooffer story reviewed as "laborious"   A Wooffer story reviewed as "laborious" - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 6:16 pm

I will try that , Ann.
If anyone thinks that reviews do not matter, I put up The Neigh Sayer story for free and it has had 48 down loads.  I put up the Castle of A Mouse House and it has had 8 down loads.  There is mean that is intended by people who do these kind of hack jobs.  To be singled out, like Shelagh and yourself, is beyond my comprehension.  I wonder what other kind of clandestine evil these minds do when they think that not one body could ever find them out.  I would really hate to think that a woman who wrote so many books as Barbara Wood could actually have the time or motivation to post nasty one line reviews.  She may have done it, but I would like her to tell me she did.  Anyone who can get through her website, let me know how to do it.  

We had a fine Thanksgiving here.  I hope everyone did.  I am pooped out.  Tomorrow is a new day.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: A Wooffer story reviewed as "laborious"   A Wooffer story reviewed as "laborious" - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 4:00 pm

Shelagh wrote:
Barbara Wood posted this review on sixteen different books: "Another exciting read that keeps you on the edge of your seat. Keeps you interested to the end. Easy to read and well written. Guaranteed a good read from this author"

This on thirteen books: "A good read, well written, a good storyline and holds my interest. Will look for more titles by this author"

This on eight reviews: "Laborious - not a good read. Hard to get into and stay focussed. Not recommending this author. Not a good buy"
I posted the above on the KDP community forum and received this reply:

"Some jerk called Smart Shopper has used the following on nearly a hundred reviews: 'The book was good and you cant beat the free price tag ... ha ha so I recommend it to readers of (category: e.g. fiction, nonfiction, mystery, etc)'. And he gives his "reviews" anything from one to five stars. I agree that low star ratings from Smart Shopper can distort the genuine rating, but sadly Amazon allows this crap to continue."

You can see the list of reviews here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A15T45VLAFQVTD
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
HaroldLee
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
HaroldLee

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: A Wooffer story reviewed as "laborious"   A Wooffer story reviewed as "laborious" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Betty Fasig wrote:
I could not get past the security on Barbarawood.com.  I may not understand the directions or what code was needed to enter and post.  Ms Wood has a list of books published that begins around 1982.  It seems unlikely to me that she would take the time to degrade my efforts as a writer or the efforts of Charles Dickens.  Her genre is Historical Romance.  None of her work is more famous than mine.  I see no reason for her to deride my work that would benefit her own.  I think that She has been used.  How to tell her so is the problem.  Any suggestions?
Love,
Betty
This doesn't seem to be worth the effort. I'd just let it go.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: A Wooffer story reviewed as "laborious"   A Wooffer story reviewed as "laborious" - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 5:14 pm

Mr. Lee.  Thank you for the reply.  I have let it go.  I think that what bothered me the most was the callousness of the review that was used willy-nilly without regard to anyone's work, (63 one line reviews in one day).  Looking up Ms Wood's books on Amazon as an author of Historical Romance, and the number of books she has published there, I considered that she should have been kinder to a new author.  It is plausible that someone hacked her name to do mischief to unknown authors like me.  I do not know what gratification that would reward the hacker.  But, there are people who delight in nasty.  Ms Wood may, herself, be a demented poster.  I am not a threat to anyone anywhere as an author of children's stories.  I blab them out and smile as I blab.  

I do wish you the very best for your work.  

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Wooffer story reviewed as "laborious"   A Wooffer story reviewed as "laborious" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Wooffer story reviewed as "laborious"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2