Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Deep Thinkers

Go down 
+5
Al Stevens
Don Stephens
dkchristi
alj
Abe F. March
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:01 am

What deep thinkers men are... I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer. The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.   My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing and I said 'nothing'. The reason I said that instead of saying 'just thinking' is because she would have said 'about what'. At that point I would have to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics which would lead to other questions.
Finally I thought about an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts? Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.
Well, after another beer, and some heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with the answer to that question. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby; and here is the reason for my conclusion. A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."
I rest my case. Time for another beer
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:13 am

That's the opposite situation to the ones that occurred frequently on the patio of the home we lived in while we were still married.

I would sit out there, getting some fresh air and a little cross-breeze, look out over the back of the property and watch the jack-rabbits watching me. Bill would come out with his beer and sit in one of the other chairs, take a sip, and ask, "What are you doing," and I'd reply, "thinking." "What are you thinking about?" Just things."......"How can you do that? Just sit and think? "How can you not?"

Seems like the common element for the men is the beer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:21 am

Pain is much more tolerable when it's followed by the reward of new life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 8:26 am

Abe...AMEN!
Back to top Go down
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:12 am

Thanks for the laugh, Abe.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:10 am

alj wrote:
That's the opposite situation to the ones that occurred frequently on the patio of the home we lived in while we were still married.

I would sit out there, getting some fresh air and a little cross-breeze, look out over the back of the property and watch the jack-rabbits watching me.  Bill would come out with his beer and sit in one of the other chairs, take a sip, and ask, "What are you doing," and I'd reply, "thinking." "What are you thinking about?"  Just things."......"How can you do that? Just sit and think?  "How can you not?"

Seems like the common element for the men is the beer.
Don't sell us short, Ann. We are nothing if not flexible and adaptable and deep thinking of the kind so brilliantly alluded to by Abe is not motivated by a single common element. We can be just as motivated by wine, spritzers, brandy, whiskey, vodka, cordials, mixed drinks to name but a few of the substances that are catalysts to deep thoughts. I hear an oak-rich Rioja red calling my name . . .
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:28 am

You are all in the wrong place (except maybe Abe). Today is a craft beer fest in Naples - 30 craft brews.  It's also Oktoberfest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:36 am

Speaking of Spanish wines, Victor, the kids brought a really, really good botle of Spanish Grenache - Evodia, I think. Very rich - a lot of depth. do you know of it?
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 2:19 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
What deep thinkers men are... I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer. The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.   My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing and I said 'nothing'. The reason I said that instead of saying 'just thinking' is because she would have said 'about what'. At that point I would have to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics which would lead to other questions.
Finally I thought about an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts? Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.
Well, after another beer, and some heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with the answer to that question. Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby; and here is the reason for my conclusion. A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."
I rest my case. Time for another beer
Abe, women may not view that as deep thinking. Men have always wondered how (in the movies) the cowboys could jump off the second floor of the saloon, onto a horse with a hard leather saddle. We men know doing a stunt like that will feel like your pride and joy are in your throat.
Women on the other hand, have their stuff tucked up inside nice an neat.
I know God is the best of all designers, but I still have not figured out why he just made those things to hang out like that? Men are still thinking deep on that one.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 3:23 pm

What deep blinkers men wear ... I had a busy day, today; no time to sit around drinking beer. No time to think either, until my husband walked by and asked me, "Have you used my calculator?"
I knew why he was asking. He couldn't find his calculator and he was asking me to find it for him. He could have said "Have you seen my calculator?" or more honestly, "I can't find my calculator." But, oh no, he has to imply that the calculator is missing because I moved it. Which drives me nuts.

Well, after saying, "No, I haven't, when did you last use it?" he gives me the you-must-have-because-I-can't-find-it look. I get up and walk into his study, I lift the piece of paper lying on the desk, and lo and behold, there's the calculator. Then I get the how-did-you-do-that-are-you-a-magician? look. 

I'm thinking, should I kick him in the nuts and make his eyes water?

Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 3:40 pm

Early marriage memories: "Have you seen my pen?" "No, I haven't." "I can't seem to find it." "I haven't seen it." "I looked on my desk." "I haven't seen it."......"WELL, AREN'T YOU GOING TO HELP ME FIND IT???" "I wouldn't know where to look." "WHAT KIND OF WIFE ARE YOU??"

Mother-in-law drops by a bit later with a plant (her excuse to check up on us.) "I lost my pen." "Oh, dear! Where did you lose it?" "I can't find it." "Well, let's go take a look in your office. Were you working at your desk???.........

He didn't want his wife; he wanted his mother.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 3:42 pm

"Men and women should not marry. They should live next door to each other and visit occasiionally."
Katherine Hepburn
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Dear Anne,
Katherine had an evolved brain. That is why she was a star. That brain and the red hair...say no more.
Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Ann,

I like the varietal very much, though the name does not ring a bell. (I have a terrible memory for names, as any of my students will readily attest.) I also like Tempranillo a lot, but my personal choice for Spanish reds is Rioja and for whites Albarino (sorry, no easy way to insert a tilde here over the "n"). Twenty years ago, this was a hard rule for me--less so today as Spain's joining the E.U. has brought among other (good and not so good things) better quality control to its vintners and previously undrinkable wine from too many regions that shall remain nameless here are now quite palatable. But any wine great and small is ALWAYS special when shared with family and good friends. Love is the greatest vintage of all.

DK,

I've unwittingly been celebrating Octoberfest all evening. i think that calls for a full bodied dark beer!

Dominic,

God practiced on man and got it right with woman. (Though I fear he gave up after Eve and took up gardening. Blasphemy, I know, but since I'm going to the hot place anyway, I may as well call 'em as I see 'em.)

Shelagh,

Just look hubby in the eyes and tell him "Like most men, you're a complete, unredeemable idiot, but I love you despite that infuriating fact." His eyes will still tear up, but his nether region will not smart and you will not feel guilty in the morning. Trust me, he knows he's lost without you.

Ann and Betty,

Before he took up gardening, God most definitely got it right with Katherine Hepburn. She is my all time favorite actress and one of only a small handful of celebrities I'd actually cross the street (and wait in line an hour) to shake her hand had I the chance. Unforgettable!
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 5:26 am

Victor D. Lopez wrote:
Shelagh,

His eyes will still tear up.
This brought tears to his eyes. He's such a softie:

Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 5:48 am

I've seen that a number of times and it still grabs me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Deep Thinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Deep Thinkers   Deep Thinkers Empty

Back to top Go down

Deep Thinkers
Page 1 of 1