Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY Empty
PostSubject: EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY                 EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 4:46 pm

8/16/2013

Egypt a land of 4,500 year history, I'm sorry I have never seen
                     it , even though when I worked at the Met Museum I learned a
                     a lot about ancient Egypt through working in the Egyptian Wing
                     and reading. Now it's too late , turmoil, caos and revolution, it'll
                     be years before toruists feel safe again. What would you like to
                     see in Egypt and why ? Me, the Pyramids, Cairo Museum, Tut..

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy 

EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY Egypt10
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY                 EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:36 am

In the 1970's we spent considerable time traveling in the Middle East and Egypt.  Egypt was a great tourist destination.  Our son was six and thoroughly enjoyed riding the camels at the pyramids and watching paper-making on the Rhine.  We toured the Nile where people lived much the same as in biblical days and spent time in Cairo with friends who lived elegantly in a modern apartment.  The people we met were charming and welcoming.  Dining was interesting and the food delicious.  Stark contrasts between the desert and the green line where irrigation begins were interesting.  It felt like a safe country. Our friends lived there with a young daughter who attended school. He worked at an international bank.  A wide disparity existed between the very wealthy and the very poor, though there was an emerging professional class of people.  Shopping was a paradise with so many beautiful tapestries, jewelry and imitation artifacts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY                 EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 6:45 am

Sadly, I missed Egypt in my Middle East travels.  I visited Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Cyprus, Turkey, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, the U.A.E. (Abu Dhabi,Dubai) & Bahrain.  I had planned to go to Egypt, but the Civil War in Lebanon interferred with those plans.

At this point in my life, I have no interest in M.E. travels.  Troubles exist in most countries at one time or another, even in the U.S.  Not to travel due to existing troubles may be prudent, but there is no guarantee that in peaceful times one is safe from terrorism of some sort.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY                 EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:13 am

I have no interest in the Middle East.
Even the news  of the Middle East is dreary and unsettling. I  go to a place to relax and enjoy myself.

It for certain will not be the Middle East;
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY                 EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:59 am

8/17/2013

From what I just read the govt. will ban the Brotherhood like it did in 1954.
                    They don't want to be an Islamic State like Iran, I don't blame them. I just
                    pray they come to terms with peace. I read Saudi Arabia is giving Egypt
                    5 Billion dollars to help them...

Cheers...Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY                 EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY Empty

Back to top Go down

EGYPT- LAND OF 4,500 YR HISTORY
Page 1 of 1