Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Eddie and the Cruisers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Eddie and the Cruisers Empty
PostSubject: Eddie and the Cruisers   Eddie and the Cruisers EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 3:53 pm

My children introduced me to this film back during the early 80's.  It was a story about a rock musician during the 60's, who was immensely popular as long as he played what his fans wanted to hear.  

At the height of his popularity, he decided to compose and write what was in his heart. 

The music was totally rejected by his fans and he disappeared, an apparent suicide - but was it really?

The full movie can be watched online, if you are interested:

It's an interesting perspective on art - applies to words, music. whatever.

The point is, for me, that we, as creators, should not be discouraged if our work isn't popular.  It may just be that we, like Eddie, are simply ahead of our time.

We should never give up.

Unless we freely choose to, of course.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
HaroldLee
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
HaroldLee

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Eddie and the Cruisers   Eddie and the Cruisers EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:34 am

"On The Dark Side" was a huge hit in the summer of 1984. Inescapable.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Eddie and the Cruisers   Eddie and the Cruisers EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:39 am

HaroldLee wrote:
"On The Dark Side" was a huge hit in the summer of 1984. Inescapable.
I probably should have used its video instead of "Running through the Fire." As I think about it, that song may have been part of EATC II.

Here's the *real" thing:

What would Michael Pare have accomplished if he had been able to get beyond his New Jersey accent?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Eddie and the Cruisers   Eddie and the Cruisers EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 9:52 am

MTV and funtime fantasies with my girls during the 80's.  Who could choose between Eddie (above) and Frisco? (below)

Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Eddie and the Cruisers   Eddie and the Cruisers EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:45 am

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle offers an excellent example in Literature. In November 1891, he wrote a letter to his mother saying: "I think of slaying Holmes... and winding him up for good and all. He takes my mind from better things."

His mother responded, "You won't! You can't! You mustn't!"

n December 1893, in order to dedicate more of his time to what he considered his more important works (his historical novels), Conan Doyle had Holmes and Professor Moriarty apparently plunge to their deaths together down the Reichenbach Falls in the story "The Final Problem". The fans were having nothing of it and demanded Holmes resurrection! Hence, The Hound of the Baskervilles was written to satisfy the fans, who rejected his serious works.

Doyle learned that writing for the sake of his art would not pay the bills ... but writing light fiction would.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eddie and the Cruisers   Eddie and the Cruisers Empty

Back to top Go down

Eddie and the Cruisers
Page 1 of 1