Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Unsung Hero David Munday!

Go down 
+2
dkchristi
alice
6 posters
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Unsung Hero David Munday! Empty
PostSubject: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 7:46 am

Yesterday I as a trainee sales man watched an experience salesman flim flan an old lady of 75 just to sell her windows when all she wanted was an honest quote! She believed and so did I at the time that he had given her £500 off for being an existing customer! After some more flim flan and a phone call to the manager in her presence procuring yet another discount... he made a sale. He told me afterwards that he had jacked up the price by £500 and gave her a phoney discount....I then learned that during the phone call the manager was on the line but they both acted about getting discounts it is all a game.....he said ...and it worked a treat. The customer was labeled just a punter! This to me was a shock and the last straw today I terminated my dealings with the Company and informed the Trainer at head office.
So now I need another Job here we go again!
I learned one thing "do not trust a salesmen who is working on a commission only basis

I am so proud of this man. It is an honor to be on this board with him I copied this from his Facebook page.Unsung Hero David Munday! 973110
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:20 am

Flim flam is everywhere, not only in sales. Proprietary schools are paid by the numbers - and how they get the numbers is often modified flim flam, depending on your point of view.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:22 am

I didn't finish the post - and people lose their jobs if they don't get the numbers. When you are desperate to make an income in hard times, giving up a job because it feels less than ethical is difficult.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:35 am

I am so glad he did it. There will be a much better job for him.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 11:54 am

As DK pointed out, giving up a job when one is dependent on the income is a tough decision. I was in a similar situation to David. What I was selling was not what the customer got. I was never considered a salesman, however when I believed in a product, I was very successful. My honesty and sincerity did the selling. When I was selling Health Insurance, it was an easy sell assuming the customer got what was promised. When I found that it was not so, I just couldn't do it any more, and I quit. When I look into the mirror at night, I want to know that what I did that day was the best I could do and it was honest. I couldn't live with myself if I knowingly lied or misrepresented the product for the sake of the sale. Politics is a good example of that. Telling the people what they want to hear even though they know they can't deliver. They are con artists and some politicians are very good at deceiving.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 12:39 pm

They teach themselves to sleep at night anyway. They are convinced that they are above the ethics that govern the rest of us. I supported a young political candidate from Naples many years ago. Knew him well. Honest young man with great ideals. I didn't recognize him any more than he recognized me after he was in office. I think it happens during the campaign - all the promises they have to make to get money - all that allegiance to money - it corrupts them from day one.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:13 am

What was the flim flam? This is how car and furniture sales here have always been made. Same with most new "sales" at department stores. "List" price is the before-negotiations price on all kinds of goods. I'm not sure what the heroism is about ... Did David not know this? Or are things done that differently in the UK? Or are old women supposed to be given the rock-bottom price just because?

Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 11:19 am

He gave up a job rather than lie.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 12:29 pm

Lie about what? That the list price was artificially inflated so that a sales price could be given? I think only the greenest of goobers doesn't know that already, but ok.

Looks like sales isn't for him! Smile
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 pm

LC wrote:
What was the flim flam? This is how car and furniture sales here have always been made. Same with most new "sales" at department stores. "List" price is the before-negotiations price on all kinds of goods. I'm not sure what the heroism is about ... Did David not know this? Or are things done that differently in the UK? Or are old women supposed to be given the rock-bottom price just because?

In the UK we have consumer law and consumer credit regulations. You cannot coerce or entice a customer to buy something using nonexistent benefits. You cannot offer prizes which don't actually exist. Claiming you are giving the customer a £500 pound discount when you are not is lying to the customer. David was taught by that company that this sort of thing did not happen and anyone found doing so would face disciplinary charges and possible prosecution under law. David did not expect to be shown on his first live sale as a trainee that this was how it was done. David had not long ago lost his mother who this kindly old lady reminded him of. He was shocked and further more appalled to find his branch manager in on it. The lady was not quoted the real list price the salesman added another £500 on top of it. The old lady only wanted a quote that the sales office said would last two years. The salesman ignored her request even though she kept repeating that her budget was not ready for a sale. The salesman was financially better off than the old lady and should have bowed to her request.
The lady was duped into signing a credit agreement.
David is no hero just a guy who hates the way people are tricked and manipulated these days. David is not right for sales.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:41 pm

Good for David/YOU! Your Mother would be proud.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 1:55 pm

What you described as consumer protection there is basically "caveat emptor" here. lol
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:18 pm

6/5/2013
David is ,my champion, he was right and I congratulate him !
I know it's hard to get a job these days when your older, in
this country there are many people late and early 50's to 61
because at this age they can't get SS yet..David keep your
chin up something good will happen, God will touch you with
great miracles, how is your family, I lost your E mail ...

Cheers Joe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 4:26 pm

Glad you are back, Joe.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 9:41 pm

"The buyer beware" is like a sign saying, "If you are not careful, we will cheat you." It also implies that you cannot trust anyone. Has deceit has become the method of doing business? I can't accept that. I refuse to earn a living by deception. Consumer protection laws should be enforced. Older people are especially vulnerable to scams. I think David did the honorable thing.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 11:24 am

Unsung Hero David Munday! 973110
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unsung Hero David Munday!   Unsung Hero David Munday! Empty

Back to top Go down

Unsung Hero David Munday!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: