Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Free Book Promotions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Free Book Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Free Book Promotions   Free Book Promotions EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Amazon.com gave away 206 ebook copies of Arirang: The Bamboo Connection during a weekend, two-day promotion.

Initially, I was disappointed in only 206 requests for free copies of a 500 page novel that originally sold several thousand copies (2006/7/Cool priced at $35 to $25.

However, it was worth a try because the paperback in Marketplace was at 6,000,000 and the kindle was at about 600,000 in rankings - pretty steady with zero sales.

Well, since the promotion, the rankings have moved up considerably and I am making each month half a dozen or so sales from Kindle and Marketplace.

So, for no cost on my part and about $50 in income so far, and increased rankings in a major way, it was worth the effort and I recommend the promotion.

I think if nothing else, it spurs advertising and that leads to sales as well as interest in other publications.

I need to thank Shelagh again for the encouragement and info.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Free Book Promotions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Free Book Promotions   Free Book Promotions EmptyWed May 29, 2013 2:22 am

That's great news, DK! Well done! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk

Free Book Promotions
Page 1 of 1