Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

Number of posts : 984
Registration date : 2012-02-01

Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos Empty
PostSubject: Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos   Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Anyone who has absolutely nothing better do do and wants to see some scary new photos of this old prof (or learn a little more about what he does during those long absences from posting here) can click on the following Hofstra University link. Hofstra University -- Victor D. Lopez. My photos are guaranteed to scare young children, make adults cringe and may even serve as an eco-friendly repellent to keep Alice's pesky ants at bay. Don't ask why I'm smiling in these. Maybe I had some idea of how the photos would turn out. I was too scared to read the interview transcript. Shocked

Last edited by Victor D. Lopez on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.victordlopez.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos   Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 6:21 pm

I think I would have liked being in one or more of your classes - anywhere, any subject, but since it is a fantasy, I would really like being in that alternate reality, listening to you recite, oh, maybe, Henry V's St Crispian's Day speech at Agincourt?

Annie
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos   Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 7:27 pm

The fortunate young people who are in your classes! I hope they know how lucky they are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos   Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 pm

Ann,

That is one of the kindest things ANYONE has EVER said to me. Thank you. Truly.

I LOVE Harry's St. Crispian's Day speech. I L-O-V-E that speech. Alas I'm better suited to Falstaff's role in Henry IV parts I and II and could not do that justice either.

Victor
Back to top Go down
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos   Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:08 pm

Alice,

Like Ann, you are most kind. Thank you! My intentions are good and my passion genuine. My results don't measure up on too many days, unfortunately. But my students are indulgent even on my really off days. I'm the lucky one. Trust me on that.
Back to top Go down
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos   Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 9:11 pm

P.S.

Annie, I would absolutely love to have you as a student in any of my classes, any time, every time, anywhere. My class and I would get the better of that bargain. And I would learn much more than I could teach about things far more important than whatever is on the syllabus.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos   Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Victor, what stood out to me was the word, "integrity". From my experience, that is most unusual for anyone associated with law. Of course, being unusual is what makes one special.

When I taught sales classes, I found that I learned more than the students. I personally needed the inspiration and truths that I was passing on to the students. Sometimes talking into the mirror works.

Keep up the goos work.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos   Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 4:42 am

I found the integrity paragraph particularly excellent. It can be repeated in many places often. I think the "integrity" word has been dulled a bit across so many areas and it has always been a beacon to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Victor D. Lopez
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Victor D. Lopez

PostSubject: Re: Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos   Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:23 am

Abe,

Without integrity absolutely nothing else matters. A person who is successful by every other measure but lacks this quality is a failure as a human being.

D.K.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. The word hero has lost its meaning these days through overuse to describe almost any conduct North of criminal conduct. "Integrity" has suffered from an opposite trend--it is often used to describe its absence. It would be useful to reserve the word "hero" for one who places the interests of others above her own and who willingly assumes notable personal risk to life, limb, health, reputation or livelihood in the service of others. That alone might go a long way towards helping us understand at least one aspect of integrity and its true value. It might also help us better understand and respect people who disagree with us or hold unpopular views out of an honest, values-based belief that informs their judgment and differs from our own.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos   Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:22 am

Agree, Victor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos   Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos Empty

Back to top Go down

Link to on-campus interview with recent (scary) photos
Page 1 of 1