Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

So, now that the dinner is done...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

So, now that the dinner is done... Empty
PostSubject: So, now that the dinner is done...   So, now that the dinner is done... EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 pm

What are your favorite leftovers?

(Linda's broccoli/cornbread casserole was delicious, BTW. Very similar to the family stuffing, with steamed broccoli florets folded in.)

Normally it would be a dressing sandwich - something my brother taught me to make when we were kids. I am about to go make one w/ Linda's casserole: Two slices whole grain bread w/ mayo, a layer of cold stuffing, thin slices of turkey breast, and a slather of cranberry sauce.

Did your days go well?

The kids posted a pic of their 25 lb turkey on Facebook:

So, now that the dinner is done... 484989_4909734823826_549915773_n
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: So, now that the dinner is done...   So, now that the dinner is done... EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Wonderful day with old friends and expectant kids. The food was excellent and the leftover stuffing and sweet potatoes made for a tasty supper.

Tomorrow I can start on Christmas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: So, now that the dinner is done...   So, now that the dinner is done... EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 6:19 am

Thanksgiving Day turned out great. The big Turkey was more than enough. To my delight the rest preferred white meat while I prefer dark. I had a leg and thigh all to myself. The other leg and thigh is wrapped in tin foil waiting to be heated and enjoyed at my pleasure. Yummm.
For desert, my daughter Caroline used a German Recipe for a Mandel Torte that called for Eier Likor and whipped Cream for the topping. We couldn't find Eier Likor and instead used Bailey's Irish Cream Liquer. It was great. I think she will be making it more often. Torte left-overs is not relevant.

Hope you all enjoyed a happy day together. Before we ate, each person sitting at the table said what they were thankful for. It was emotional for some.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: So, now that the dinner is done...   So, now that the dinner is done... EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 7:39 am

How much longer will you be here, Abe?
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: So, now that the dinner is done...   So, now that the dinner is done... EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 1:54 pm

I leave on the 28th.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: So, now that the dinner is done...   So, now that the dinner is done... EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Left over turkey, dressing, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, squash, spinach, rolls, cranberry, everything.

I take the meat off the bones of the turkey, boil the bones and strain it out. I freeze the result of that in bags for stock. I take the residue of the carcass down by the river and set it out for the opossums, the raccoons, the foxes, the cayotes, and the feral cats and dogs.

The Ham is mostly saved, bone and all for bean soup.

When I think of leftovers this day, I think of the kindness of people who knew Sarah and the kindness of all the people who do not know me personally and whom have never met Sarah, but post here their kind words and express care about me and my family. Words are the best leftovers. They stay in the heart.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So, now that the dinner is done...   So, now that the dinner is done... Empty

Back to top Go down

So, now that the dinner is done...
Page 1 of 1