Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The pure spirit of animals

Go down 
+5
Don Stephens
Abe F. March
PennyDeerhill
alj
Betty Fasig
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

The pure spirit of animals Empty
PostSubject: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Our Sarah is snatching life minute by minute. She has hypothyroidism, Cushings, disease, her kidneys are failing, her liver is failing. David and I talked about putting her "down' but neither one of us can do it, yet. Sarah is 14 years in our house. She has loved tractors, the riding on them, the sound of big machinery and has been my David's smiling side car rider for these 14 years.

Our vet said that we have done all we can do for our Sarah, medically.

I fed her little bits of chicken this day, gave her pain pills, and she is shutting down like people do. Her eyes are so sad.

People may be able to say something, but our little dog just looks out of those hopeful eyes and I know she thinks we can fix it all. We cannot.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 4:27 pm

My heart goes out to all of you, Betty
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Dear Annie,

I sit there and feel her heart beat, feel her lungs go in and out, see her eyes looking at me to save her. I put my whole will into her living.

Sometimes, one does not know what to do. Tomorow I go to the vet and talk about her. Putting my Sarah down is not something I can do. My David and I consider her our child. Putting her down would be the same as if we had a human child that would not get well.

I think about this and the Living Will I made before my terrible surgery. My little dog cannot vociferate her wishes. I see her and know that the will to live is strong. Life is the prize, after all.

Love, Betty
Back to top Go down
PennyDeerhill
One Star Member
One Star Member
PennyDeerhill

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2012-10-15

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:41 am

My heart is open right now, as you write those words. One of the worst decisions I ever had to make, was to say goodbye to my best friend Tina. She walked into my life, a rescue from the SPCA estimated to be 18 months old at the time, when I was 15, and drifted out with my help when I was 30 years old. I trust you will make the right decision. They can't speak verbally, but they speak volumes in that unspoken communication that only someone who loves animals as if they were people can recognize and understand. Your friend will always be with you, and your love will never be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsnotwhatyouknow.wordpress.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:41 am

So sad, Betty. I can feel your sorrow and pain. When I had to put my beloved "Tigger" to sleep when there was no hope and to eliminate his pain, it was the hardest thing I ever did. Taking a life for reasons of compassion, still hurts. The memories live on. I still remember the antics and joy the cat gave to me.
I know your child will live forever in your memory. It reminds we humans how fragile life is and that someone loves us. How we will be remembered we don't know, but hope it will be about some good we brought into their lives.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 1:51 pm

Dear Annie, Abe and Penny,

Sarah has been at the vet all day. I cannot just let her suffer so. My David will pick her up.

Last night, not knowing what to do, we warmed sweet oil and put a couple of drops into each of her ears. This morning, a lot of pus had drained out of her right ear. I thought she felt a little better but would not eat.

Tonight, when David brings her home, I will know if she is better or not. I think that the drainage could only help.

Thank you all for you kind words and wishes for our Sarah.

Penny, I think you must be a very kind and loving person. Welcome to this message board. I will look for your posts.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:14 pm

Dear Sweet Betty,

There are no words...I can only sit here, cry and say a little prayer.

God Bless...consider yourself hugged!

Don
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:31 pm

Dear Don,

Thank you for your compassion for our Sarah. Thank you for the prayers. David and Sarah should be home within the hour, I will post what the vet had to say and what we can do for her. You are a kind and beautiful person.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:12 am

Our Sarah passed away this morning.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 8:17 am

Dear friend; I am speechless; you know how I, and everyone here, all feel.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:04 am

What Ann said. I can't find any other words.
The sadness will pass, but the joy of sharing the life will remain.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 9:07 am

Betty,

I am so sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 3:25 pm

It has been a long day. We buried Sarah beside Wooffer. Thanksgiving went on. Everyone came and ate and took home left overs. We are tired.

Jazzmin is sitting behind me in this office chair. She has had 'some day' for sure, with all the people and Sarah nowhere in sight. She did get a knuckle bone from my daughter, which cheered her up no end.

I am glad that Sarah's suffering has ended. She is at peace.

Tomorrow is a new day.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Sleep tight.

Annie
Back to top Go down
KatjaB
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
KatjaB

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2012-08-27

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 10:25 am

Hi Betty,

so sorry to hear that.

Huggles,
Katja
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptyWed Jun 05, 2013 5:09 pm

I bring up this post this night to remember Sarah and Wooffer. How they loved us. How we loved them!

Love,

Betty and David
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:30 am

These little creatures are in our care. There are others who will be put down because they have no one. Just maybe, you, and, David can save and love one more?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:40 am

They were members of your family.  We understand your sense of loss and mourn them with you.

Annie
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:12 am

Betty, I still think about my cat, "Tigger".  He was and always will be special in my memory.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 12:15 pm

My dogs were always dogs, barely missed when they were no longer in my life due to moves or giving them to some other good family.  I had dogs because of a spouse and children. Then in 1987, we bought a small, standard poodle puppy with big feet, named her Lady Ace, the same as our yacht, and she guarded our sailing home in foreign ports for three years.  One terrifying night of tropical depression squalls when I was alone on board in an empty anchorage, my large standard poodle disobeyed all her training and came bounding below decks to huddle with me in terror where the mast came down through the center to the keel, the part of the boat I thought might hold together if we were cast upon the rocks or split by lightning.  I was saying The Lord's Prayer like a mantra and she was moaning, her version of the Lord's prayer, I'm certain. We were both shaking with fear. She was the last dog in my life.  That night she crossed from dog to friend.  I still can't talk about her without tears.

I do understand, Betty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 5:26 pm

I say this with full confiction.
Human animals consider they are entitled to all the richness of this earth.  They are wrong. 
Without all the weeds, the bugs, the other mammal animals, the lizards, the frog, the fungi, the moss, the liverworts, the bacteria, ....you get my idea.....humanity can not exist for long on this earth.  We are a complete act....not just one big show.  I did not mention the most important thing, the trees, the trees, the trees...or, and the bees,,,,,,the bees,,,,,the bees. 
I hope that all the people who do not think past their concrete can at least look it up...what it means to not have bees or trees or animals other than us humans. 

On earth.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:56 pm

Betty, you are right - again.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Perhaps this post should have been in another place, but because of my beliefs, I put it here.

Four nights ago, all my chickens died. 

We did every thing we could to protect them.  Half inch wire to cover the house, electric wire all around. No openings for any size preditor to enter.

We had a storm, wind and lots of rain.  One small limb fell and cut the electric pattern....
The outside of the coop was open to whomever came along but they still could not get to the chickens.

Yet, whoever came to try did not give up.  The chickens were terrified.  They tried to get out. 
If they had sat and did nothing, they would still be.  They stomped each other to death in their fear. No one survived, the fox got nobody.  Is there a lesson?

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 6:14 pm

When we domesticate animals, we take away their natural mechanisms to feed themselves and to escape danger.  I have left my little Sport on the porch and before I got home she was soaked in a storm - if she were not trapped in a cage on a screened porch she would have been wherever birds go in a storm. 

My grama had chickens, but they ran around the yard.  So did the rooster.  The rooster chased me and ended up on the dinner table for scaring me (I was very young.)  They ate whatever they wanted in addition to feed from grama.  They roosted where they wanted, sometimes in the hen house but sometimes we went looking for the eggs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Quote :
Daniel Redstone said:
“This earth that we inhabit, and where we exist as guests, I think, has its own sense of order and law.   We try to interpret that law, but we cannot completely understand it.   But if you look closely, you can see that it has its own system of balance.   A storm, whether it is a hurricane coming ashore, a snow storm, a strong wind at sea, a drought, or a late summer norther, with its rains and floods, is the way Nature strives to restore that balance.   A cold dry winter might suck up the moist, warm air of the Gulf, or the south seas, creating a forceful enough whirling vortex to keep the warm air moving toward the cold north, so that it can reach to where it is badly needed.   When that happens, most of the animals in its path will sense that it is coming, and do their best to get out of the way.  Human beings, especially those of us who have had our understanding of Nature bred out of us, have the hardest time understanding her power and force, or her objectivity.   Sometimes, we find ourselves standing in the way.   She makes no promises to us, love, especially as individuals.   Her intent is always about the greatest good for, I would say the greatest number, but that implies a countable objective, so let’s just say she works for the good of the whole, and each of us, to that end, is an expendable part.

Daniel's answer is the best one I know of.
I know your feelings about animals.  This loss must be hard for you.

Annie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The pure spirit of animals   The pure spirit of animals Empty

Back to top Go down

The pure spirit of animals
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next