Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

One More Day to Go

Go down 
+2
alice
Betty Fasig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

One More Day to Go Empty
PostSubject: One More Day to Go   One More Day to Go EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 5:04 pm

I had hoped that people knew that our country is not to be ruled by some religious sect, be it Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, Presbyterian, Episcopalian, or any number of Holy Roller sects. No. We are a country that separates our churches from government ( they are not taxed) because we are FREE to decide our convictions. We are a country that not one religious group should tell all or anybody that THEY have been given the absolute truth and should be able to force it upon everyone else in the country. It is not the American way. It is not the reason that this country was founded.

But, I see so many people on Facebook who feel they have been struck down with the truth from Heaven Above and are out to lay that truth upon any eye that glances their way.

It is enough to question the existance of THEIR God.

In this day, we can be informed. We can discover who is telling lies. We can if we have a mind at all.

My last word on this subject is that if a person votes for Romney, and he wins, the consequences are upon their dirty hands....

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

One More Day to Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Day to Go   One More Day to Go EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:50 am

Betty,

I couldn't agree more. I am so sick of politics;)
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

One More Day to Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Day to Go   One More Day to Go EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 5:43 am

Betty, you are of sound mind.
The consequences/results of this election are huge. Opinions/speculations of what will happen if one or the other wins is running rampant. I think much as to do with "trust". Can one trust the words of the candidate? Promises are often wishful thinking and the candidate will make an attempt to fulfill them, however no President has the absolute power to implement his programs. We realize that it takes the support of congress to get programs implemented. Unfortunately, politics has too much to do with winning. Winning at all costs appears to be the mentality. Our elected Representatives seem to forget the wishes of their constituents and once in office, they think of themselves.

Life goes on. We the people will have to make the adjustments to continue to work for the way of life we desire. Speaking out/complaining, making a noise means we are concerned. To sit quietly by and say nothing changes nothing.

Tomorrow we will cast our vote. It is our non-violent weapon. Anyone who doesn't vote should keep their mouths shut about the results.

Since my arrival, the TV ADS have turned my stomach. Paid-for lies appears to be part of the freedom that many want to preserve. We need more regulation - not less. Regulation of the financial sector and regulation of our elected representatives. Either they do what they promise or should be removed from office. Lying appears to be a way of life for some. They think that the end justifies the means. That's Crap!

Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

One More Day to Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Day to Go   One More Day to Go EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:22 am

Religious certitude is a worry to me also. It was a terrible time when women took care of their own illegal abortions - tragic movies portray the way it was. While the rest of society is evolving to a more egalitarian view of humanity, religious sects continue to cling to old ways and beliefs as an attempt at power. The republican party played into that power need because the wealthiest and largest international corporate interests need power too. It made a marriage made in bad blood from my perspective. While Romney/Ryan would not change my immediate life, realization of the disaster wrought would come late. How can the American people be so stupid as to elect two people bound by money to the same people and policies that the Bush Administration used to take the country and the world to the abyss? All the Romney/Ryan advisors are Bush people. They are so power and greed hungry that mistakes of the past make no difference.

I believe people can vote Romney/Ryan because religion trains the mind to accept certitude in the face of facts that indicate differently. Thus, a path is already there to accept lies, to accept anything said from the pulpit, and to accept anything that purportedly supports the religious belief.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

One More Day to Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Day to Go   One More Day to Go EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:41 am

Vote knowing that the president will nominate at least two Supreme Court justices.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

One More Day to Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Day to Go   One More Day to Go EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 9:40 am

Scarey.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

One More Day to Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Day to Go   One More Day to Go EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 10:03 am

Most people are afraid of change. It's the fear factor that keeps them clinging to an outdated view of the world. It is more comfortable to live in an unsatisfactory world than it is to move into unfamiliar territory. That's what is scary.

When I allow myself to get angry with them (and I do), I become their victim, because as long as I am stuck in anger, I can't move forward. When I let go of the anger, I am freed to respond according to my own perceptions, and every time I manage to do that, it brings more of the new perspective to light, and we all move a step closer to the world we want to live in.

Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

One More Day to Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Day to Go   One More Day to Go EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm

OK - This is too perfect. I can only link it because it's one very large cartoon, but so worth it, especially right now.

from "It's just a ride," late comedian, Bill Hicks:
http://zenpencils.com/comic/91-bill-hicks-its-just-a-ride/

Compare to:
Quote :
Life is sorrowful. How do you live with that? You realize the eternal within yourself. You disengage, and yet, reengage. You—and here’s the beautiful formula—“participate with joy in the sorrows of the world.” You play the game. It hurts, but you know that you have found the place that is transcendent of injury and fulfillments. You are there, and that’s it.
A Joseph Campbell Companion: Reflections on the Art of Living

Or:
Quote :
[Richard and his "reluctant Messiah" friend and teacher have just been to see "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid," a film that they have seen several times over, because they just like it that much. Don explains to Richard how seeing a movie is a metaphor for living a life.]
"You can hold a reel of film in your hands," he said, "and it's all finished and complete--beginning, middle, and end are all there that same second. The film exists beyond the time that it records, and if you know what the movie is, you know generally what's going to happen before you walk into the theater: there's going to be battles and excitement, winners and losers, romance, disaster; you know that's all going to be there. but in order to get caught up and be swept away in it, in order to enjoy it to its most, you have to put it in a projector and let it go through the lens minute by minute...any illusion requires space and time to be experienced. So you pay your nickel and you get your ticket and you settle down and forget what's going on outside the theater and the movie begins for you." Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah; Richard Bach
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

One More Day to Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Day to Go   One More Day to Go EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 6:04 pm

The day after tomorrow:

My phone will have stopped ringing and bringing recorded propaganda.
The glossy fliers will no longer grace my mailbox.
The political spam will cease.
TV messages will no longer be approved.
The people will have spoken.
The system will have worked.

Who said Wednesday's child is full of woe?
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

One More Day to Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Day to Go   One More Day to Go EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:56 am

Just voted. The voting location was at the local school in the gymnasium. The line extended the entire length of the basketball court and it took my daughter and I about 20 minutes to reach the booth. I had taken the time to get my voter Registration form so that my ID was already on file. There were other local programs on the ballot that didn't mean anything to me so I didn't bother to vote for them.

Upon entering the school gymnasium there were Democratic and Republican booths outside offering coffee and donuts. I suppose a good indiction of how one would vote could be guessed by which booth one took a coffee. I was tempted to take one from the Republican booth just to throw them off, but then decided to accept the Demo coffee. It was Dunken Donut coffee and tasted good along with the donut.

Now I'm waiting for the good news late tonight or early tomorrow that my Candidate will have an opportunity to complete the job he started.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One More Day to Go Empty
PostSubject: Re: One More Day to Go   One More Day to Go Empty

Back to top Go down

One More Day to Go
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: All Political Discussions-
Jump to: