Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

What is this site good for?

Go down 
+3
dkchristi
alj
christian.powers.125
7 posters
AuthorMessage
christian.powers.125

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-09-17

What is this site good for? Empty
PostSubject: What is this site good for?   What is this site good for? EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Hi, I'm poking around in here, looking to connect with other word-slingers. My need is to discuss characters, conflicts and plot resolution without making my listener's eyes gloss over. Am I in the right place?
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: What is this site good for?   What is this site good for? EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:11 am

It can be. Right now, we are a bit distracted. Many of us have known each other a long time, through several forums. We talk more about writing when we are feeling secure and safe. When stuff happens, we tend to chatter.

Keep poking. There is good stuff to be found. Feel free to join us as we work through our current feelings. Say what you think. You will probably get a variety of responses - we are all individuals, as is generally the case for word-slingers. Your boundaries might get crossed, especially while we are getting to know you, but basically, this is a good place. Just let us know when we are stepping on your toes, and we will step back a little. Give us the same space in return and we will eventually all work together.

Hope you choose to stay. I imagine we have a lot to learn from you, too.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What is this site good for?   What is this site good for? EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:49 am

One of the things we do here with our "chatter" is practice expressing our thoughts that are often challenged by each other. Some people leave when challenged, never to return. I find the challenges help me focus on my ability to express myself in writing. Sometimes we practice the power to persuade; others, the power to comfort and support; others to teach or express something learned.

All writing improves writing. When I am having difficulty concentrating on a novel or news article I need to finish, writing in a forum releases me from that task and clears that path to return a start fresh.

There are many threads here with specific reading and writing topics. Many people here have blogs. The archives are full of information from great writers who are no longer here.

We hope you find something beneficial by joining us and look forward to your contributions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What is this site good for?   What is this site good for? EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:39 am

What DK said. Keep digging, you may find gold.
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: What is this site good for?   What is this site good for? EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:51 am

christian.powers.125 wrote:
Hi, I'm poking around in here, looking to connect with other word-slingers. My need is to discuss characters, conflicts and plot resolution without making my listener's eyes gloss over. Am I in the right place?
"... listener's eyes gloss over."

Are you an orator? We tend to have writers and readers here.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
tensejim
One Star Member
One Star Member
tensejim

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What is this site good for?   What is this site good for? EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 am

You can bounce words off me anytime. I am just the new guy here, no college degree though. Some of these guys (and ladies of course) in here would blow me away in the area of intellect! But when it comes to imagination, I can hold my own! Lets chat = )
Back to top Go down
http://giftedbook.blogspot.com/
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Don Stephens

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: What is this site good for?   What is this site good for? EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:08 am

What is this site good for? 591890 What is this site good for? 591890 What is this site good for? 591890 WELCOME! What is this site good for? 591890 What is this site good for? 591890 What is this site good for? 591890
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is this site good for?   What is this site good for? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is this site good for?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Welcome-
Jump to: