Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Gas Price Discrepancies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Gas Price Discrepancies Empty
PostSubject: Gas Price Discrepancies   Gas Price Discrepancies EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 6:04 pm

In the town where I live, regular gasoline cost $4.14 a gallon today. Yet, 30 miles down the road in a neighboring town, regular gasoline cost only $3.99 and it was the same brand too! That's a 15 cent discrepancy in only 30 miles! Why the gas costs more here than there, I don't really know, but with that kind of discrepancy, it seems someone is trying to rip people off. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Gas Price Discrepancies   Gas Price Discrepancies EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 10:37 pm

Gordon,
whatever the price, you got to add 9/10 of a penny to it. Getting that extra penny may not seem like much, but it has been worth millions to the oil industry. I suppose the psychology of $2.99.9 is still under three dollars, right?
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Gas Price Discrepancies   Gas Price Discrepancies EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 7:29 am

It's still a 15 cent discrepancy in only 30 miles, fractional pennies included.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Gas Price Discrepancies   Gas Price Discrepancies EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 5:32 am

It seems to be that way everywhere. It's all about location and what they can get away with charging. Ironically, aside from locations next to a freeway, the highest prices seem to be in the poorest neighborhoods.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Jim Woods
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Jim Woods

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Gas Price Discrepancies   Gas Price Discrepancies EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 8:36 am

All in favor of saving gas in these tenuous times, raise your foot.

Jim Woods
www.ultrasw.com/jwoods
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Gas Price Discrepancies   Gas Price Discrepancies EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 9:54 am

Gas Price Discrepancies 950944
Back to top Go down
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Gas Price Discrepancies   Gas Price Discrepancies EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:22 pm

Good one Jim! Gas Price Discrepancies 343621

I remember years ago that Safeway (one of the big grocery chains) was targetted because they too charged the highest prices in poor neighbourhoods. The bulk of their customers did not have vehicles and could not afford to leave the neighbourhood to get to better prices. That was the first of many studies that I have read where they have shown how families living at the poverty line are not able to afford the food necessary to follow the national food guidelines for healthy eating (Canada Food Guide we call it). It's the same now with gas. Today on our main street, gas is 10 cents per liter cheaper at one end than it is on the other, and the stations are only about 2.5 kilometers apart. I don't know what that converts to in miles and gallons, but it is weird. Gas Price Discrepancies 798629
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Jim Woods
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Jim Woods

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Gas Price Discrepancies   Gas Price Discrepancies EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 1:40 pm

Pam, I'd like to claim that was original with me but I think I first heard it somewhere back in the gas crunch of the '70s. Still seems appropriate, whomever the author.

Jim woods
www.ultrasw.com/jwoods
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Gas Price Discrepancies   Gas Price Discrepancies EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 4:03 pm

I've noticed that prices tend to be higher in smaller towns and lower in larger communities. I guess the gas stations will just keep charging us the highest price they can get away with.pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas Price Discrepancies   Gas Price Discrepancies Empty

Back to top Go down

Gas Price Discrepancies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: Current Events-
Jump to: