Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Sales of my books/ebooks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jetski
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
jetski

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-12-29

Sales of my books/ebooks Empty
PostSubject: Sales of my books/ebooks   Sales of my books/ebooks EmptyThu May 03, 2012 4:55 pm

I have a total of eight books/ebooks out. So far sales have been a little slower than I would like, but hey, I've sold about ninety copies total. Some don't get that lucky. I guess I should just count my blessings. Just a quick note for anyone interested. God bless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.timefortruth.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Sales of my books/ebooks   Sales of my books/ebooks EmptyThu May 03, 2012 6:34 pm

I read once that most new authors without a major publisher are lucky to sell a hundred books that don't include friends and family.

I read that 5000 book sales is considered a successful author.

Somewhere in between is hope.

Some authors sell no books at all or very few.

It's not always the talent - books sell based on marketing and promotion - and those better with a celebrity endorsement or a celebrity name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Davisstories

Davisstories

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Sales of my books/ebooks   Sales of my books/ebooks EmptyWed May 09, 2012 3:35 pm

Ref author book sales, the average per title sales in the USA for 1.2 million book titles released/year is roughly 200 copies, so you're not alone. However, I recently read an artcile which cited about a dozen SP authors that are clocking sells big time. Not sure what their strategy is, yet I have read where several authors have had good luck offering their books free for a couple weeks then switching to charging and it appears to drag across followers that now want your back list. Amazon uses their KDP program for this, bad news is that you have to commit exclusively to them while in that program.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sales of my books/ebooks   Sales of my books/ebooks Empty

Back to top Go down

Sales of my books/ebooks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: Books-
Jump to: