Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The Anti-Christ

Go down 
+9
JoElle
Carol Troestler
Pam
lin
Abe F. March
Phil Whitley
Sue
P. Gordon Kennedy
Jim Woods
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jim Woods
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Jim Woods

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-06-07

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 2:17 pm

I'm not zealously religious--a little sin is the spice of life--nor am I an Obama supporter. However, I received a forwarded e-missive from my friend who preaches to me a lot. He did not originate the the message but passed it on, probably without studying it. Anyhow, the message infers that Obama is the Anti Christ because, and this according to Revelations, the Anti-Christ is a man in his 40s with a Muslim background and a gift of oratory.

Admittedly, it's been a while since I have studied the text of Revelations, but not recalling the message in the e-mail I went back to the Book and re-read Revelations and I still don't find the description of a 40-something man of Muslim descent being the Anti Christ. So Biblical scholars, tell me where this description of the Anti Christ is and how its rather lame application to Obama comes about. He's not my presidential choice but he deserves a fair shake.

Jim Woods
www.ultrasw.com/jwoods
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 3:50 pm

Personally, I don't think Obama is the Anti-Christ. They say that the book of Revelation says the Anti-Christ will be of a Muslim background, yet the book of Revelation was written in the mid 90's of the first century AD and islam didn't come into existance until the 600's AD. Islam didn't exist when the book of Revelation was written, so it would be impossible for it to claim the Anti-Christ was of Islamic descent. I personally think the Anti-Christ refered to in the book of Revelation was Roman Emperor Nero. The number 666 is the number of the name Nero. Nero killed thousands of Christians and that's how people came to think of him as the Anti-Christ. The historical record supports Nero as the Anti-Christ of Revelation.
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 4:17 pm

Why is it that everyone thinks the Anti-Christ will come out of the U.S.?

There is someone much higher up on the list for that honor. Brew, help me out here. George Norry talks about him all the time and I can't remember his name right now.

I think that whoever becomes the next president will be a walk-in president. To say more than that would take a whole nother thread.
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 7:07 pm

Why do so many Americans act like they think they're god's chosen people? Personally I think this end times and Anti-Christ stuff is a bunch of crap.
Back to top Go down
Jim Woods
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Jim Woods

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 7:26 pm

Part of what bothered me about this Anti-Christ message is that it came to me from a friend who claims himself to be a man of God. He attends chuch regularly. He's so proud that his nephew is ordained. He sends me e-forwards daily with religious themes. I challenged him on this and he responded that "It's just going around, and I knew you would see through it." Well, he didn't see through it, but I did get him, the Bible thumper, to re-read Revelations, and admit that the interpretation had no basis in text or fact.

Jim Woods
www.ultrasw.com/jwoods
Back to top Go down
Phil Whitley
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Phil Whitley

Number of posts : 907
Registration date : 2008-04-01

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 7:35 pm

Quote :
There is someone much higher up on the list for
that honor. Brew, help me out here. George Norry talks about him all
the time and I can't remember his name right now.

All I can think of is a guy named Matreus (sp?) (Ma-tra-us) George seems almost afraid of him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.philwhitley.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 7:39 pm

Yes, that was it, Brew. Matreaous. I know I'm not spelling it right either. There was a man who was with him by the last name of Creme too. I taped a show of him and George since matreous wouldn't be on it. Creme is his side-kick or spokesman or something.

Thank you for the info. I just knew you would know who I was talking about!
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 8:59 pm

I think I know the guy, but I don't know how to spell his name either. I think he's the guy represented by Benjaman Krem.
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:09 pm

That's it!!!! Benjamin Krem!!!! Thank you. That has been bugging me.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:08 pm

Jim,
The use of "Anti-Christ" is intended to inflame and ultimately destroy. There is a plan to destroy Obama and this is just one of the ploys being used. Many who voted Bush into office are some of the same people who are determined to undermine an Obama presidency. Making false accusations is easy to do, and there are many who will believe these accusations because they want to believe them. How to erase a faslsehood is the problem. I don't think it can be erased. Challenging those who make these claims to prove it is most likely the best weapon.
Those who pass-on this kind of information are unwittingly supporting these falsehoods. With Obama, in my view, it is part bigotry that is behind this smear attempt. And these same people will be in church on sunday, with a cross around their necks, purporting to be christians. If actions such as this are "Christ-like," then I don't want any association with that label.
Back to top Go down
Jim Woods
Three Star Member
Three Star Member
Jim Woods

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:18 pm

Thanks to all of you for taking up this discussion. I can't completely disown my friend who got me on to it; he and I have been friends since Third grade, but I had to let him know he was wrong.

Jim Woods
www.ultrasw.com/jwoods
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:51 pm

Wait, I thought it was Marilyn Manson?
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 4:55 am

Jim, that's exactly what we hope that our friends will do, is to be honest and challenge us when needed. If more people had friends like you - the stand in your face and hold up to mirror kind - we'd probably have a lot less to complain about over all. pirate
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 9:49 am

I agree with Pam.
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 5:53 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
Jim,
The use of "Anti-Christ" is intended to inflame and ultimately destroy. There is a plan to destroy Obama and this is just one of the ploys being used. Many who voted Bush into office are some of the same people who are determined to undermine an Obama presidency. Making false accusations is easy to do, and there are many who will believe these accusations because they want to believe them. How to erase a faslsehood is the problem. I don't think it can be erased. Challenging those who make these claims to prove it is most likely the best weapon.
Those who pass-on this kind of information are unwittingly supporting these falsehoods. With Obama, in my view, it is part bigotry that is behind this smear attempt. And these same people will be in church on sunday, with a cross around their necks, purporting to be christians. If actions such as this are "Christ-like," then I don't want any association with that label.

There have been other outragous claims made about Obama. Some right-wing radicals claim he wants to turn the United States into a communist state, just like the former USSR. Some nut cases even believe Obama wants to sevearly punish or even exterminate white people because of their race. Some people just don't like Obama and seem to want to stir up fear in the American people. One must be careful not to believe everything one hears these days.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 10:29 pm

One further note about this thread: If you were to ask people what is meant by "antichrist" you may be surprised that most wouldn't even know what it means. They think that if something is "Anti" to "Christ" it has got to be bad and therefore that person is bad.

In Christian eschatology, the Antichrist
or anti-Christ means a person, office, or group recognized as fulfilling
the Biblical prophecies about one who will oppose Christ
and substitute himself in Christ's place.

I have found that by asking questions, you can shove those labels and/or slanderous attempts back in their faces.

Bush was labeled as the Antichrist. See the following website:

http://www.bushisantichrist.com/
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 11:15 pm

Abe,

Wow. I got completely lost in that website.

However, your explanation below does make sense:

In Christian eschatology, the Antichrist
or anti-Christ means a person, office, or group recognized as fulfilling
the Biblical prophecies about one who will oppose Christ
and substitute himself in Christ's place.

Perhaps it goes along with beliefs in dark and light, yin and yang, and I believe those are always there. Sometimes we need the one to see the other.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:53 am

So was Reagan. His three names all have six letters so Ronald Wilson Reagan equals 666.'

Which is not even the antichrist logo, it's The Beast.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 10:01 am

You'd think confusion would be minimal.

This is "AntiChrist, Supestar"

The Anti-Christ Marilyn-Manson-1247007

This is The Beast

The Anti-Christ Beast
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyThu Oct 16, 2008 11:33 am

Interesting. And probably more accurate than most info out there.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:22 am

Gordon...you seem to like heavy subjects. I'm going to give you one you may find hard to think on:

Just type into the search bar: concentration camps in america.
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:33 pm

Jim,

I have studied the book of Revelation verse by verse.
I don't recall it saying anything about the anti Christ being American, in his 40s, or Muslim.

And Obama is NOT Muslim

When I get those forwarded e-mails, I usually check them out on Snopes. Those e-mails are usually false.

Here is the one regarding your e-mail:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/antichrist.asp
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue May 12, 2009 10:32 pm

JoElle,
Propaganda comes in many forms. There is always someone with an agenda.
Back to top Go down
mjgoodnow
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
mjgoodnow

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2009-02-17

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:10 am

The anti-christ comes out of Europe. If you read the book of Revelations in the Bible you will see it comes from 7 hills and 7 mountains, usually this translates to, hmm lets see, the Vaticant...not saying the Pope is anti-christ.

Also, many things must occur before the (anti christ) comes...it clearly states this in Revelations. I won't get into it. I might type something wrong....
Back to top Go down
http://regimeguard.net
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ EmptyTue May 19, 2009 9:55 am

Before the Anti-Christ shows himself, the false prophet has to first make the way. Don't ask me who it is, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Anti-Christ Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anti-Christ   The Anti-Christ Empty

Back to top Go down

The Anti-Christ
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next