Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The sound of coyote in the night

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

The sound of coyote in the night Empty
PostSubject: The sound of coyote in the night   The sound of coyote in the night EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 5:35 pm

It has been some years since I have heard the high yipe-yipe-yip of a coyote in the night but there was no mistaking the sound. It was in Lester's Field. Many new calves have been born there this month as well as Sandy and Sandra Crane's new twin baby chicks.
I heard the sound of a four-wheeler start in the night and the sound of gunshot.

For four days, the crane family had not arrived to eat from the feeders and I began to fear the worst. But, this morning there they all were. Mom and Dad and the two beautiful yellow chicks.

Gunshot will scare coyote away. I doubt that they were hurt but moved on down the way to hunt. I have not heard any more.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The sound of coyote in the night   The sound of coyote in the night EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 12:21 am

The Cranes recognize a good home. Don't be surprised if you see them painting a sign: "Home Sweet Home"
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The sound of coyote in the night   The sound of coyote in the night EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 10:55 am

Coyotes eat cats where I live. I love cats, so don't like coyotes.

Last edited by alice on Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: The sound of coyote in the night   The sound of coyote in the night EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 1:38 pm

We have sandhill cranes here. They are monogamous and stay together for life. They visit our yard with their babies, usually two, and eat seeds and plants from the ground. The cats don't mess with them. They make a heck of a noise when you get near them.
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The sound of coyote in the night   The sound of coyote in the night EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 5:43 pm

Dear Al,
Sandhill Cranes have enough power in their necks and beaks to poke a hole in a human head with one peck. I have respect for Sandy and Sandra. This will be the fifth set of twins they have brought to the front yard feeder. Today, they chased the squirrels off. Shocked Hardly anyone can affect the determination of the squirrels. Laughing I swear I heard one of the squirrels say, "Tomorrow is a new day!"

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sound of coyote in the night   The sound of coyote in the night Empty

Back to top Go down

The sound of coyote in the night
Page 1 of 1