Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Why we should "attack" Syria !

Go down 
+2
dmondeo
joefrank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Why we should "attack" Syria ! Empty
PostSubject: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:45 pm

3/12/2012

Here's why we should attack Syria, I warn you

this is very graphic, brought tears to my eyes !

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/12/syria-children-burned-alive_n_1339554.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D142853

Joe....Sad
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:34 pm

No not more troops to be sacrificed this would be a messy war and could possibly escalate out of control.
I would not support action based on news reports that could easily have been manipulated to raise support for war.
War is an industry that makes the Elite rich at the expense of normal citizens.
The BBC made a good three part documentary on the subject:
https://youtu.be/xGo1DqmfHjY
https://youtu.be/o0kNNqZk3mg
https://youtu.be/qATc5jRbVOA
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:59 pm

3/12/2012

David..

How do you stop people from mass slaughter ?

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:27 pm

If only we knew.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:58 am

I agree with what David said. We are being goaded into a conflict with Iran. Those supporting war provide information for justification. There are two sides to every story and we are hearing one side.
As Joe pointed out, we should act in defense, if/when attacked. Offensive action is just that - offensive. Any act of aggression, as we experienced most recently with Iraq is wrong. If the leaders want war, let them lead it by being in the front line. If they are willing to risk their lives, then and only then should they put others at risk.
That's my two cents.
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:26 am

The way things are in the world today with the shortage of oil, the main energy source in the world, oil has become the most sort after resource. The middle east is becoming the center focal point as resources dwindle.
But we all know this really. A game of control is really afoot.
Did you know that as our polar ice caps melt away Oil cartels are already poised to start drilling for oil in the poles. To me that is plain obscene considering it is oil that has largely contributed to the melting of the ice in the first place.

The delicate balance of nature and climate has been tipped by human nature and political climate.
The reality is the people the real people are waking up. The political lies are becoming more and more obvious. Religious belief is being used as an excuse to blockade any attempt at reconciliation and unity.
But again we know all this we see it every day and deep down inside we have that instinct that tells us this, we often ignore it and later wish we'd heeded.

There will be more wars looming this year I am sure. 2012 is a shaky scarey year for many who believe and fear the ancient prophesies. Many folk are wondering what this year is going to bring.
But I believe it can be a triumphant time for us all and I am not fearful of it whatever our Governments blunder into.

That is my Dollar fifty.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:03 am

dmondeo wrote:
The way things are in the world today with the shortage of oil, the main energy source in the world, oil has become the most sort after resource. The middle east is becoming the center focal point as resources dwindle.
But we all know this really. A game of control is really afoot.
Did you know that as our polar ice caps melt away Oil cartels are already poised to start drilling for oil in the poles. To me that is plain obscene considering it is oil that has largely contributed to the melting of the ice in the first place.

The delicate balance of nature and climate has been tipped by human nature and political climate.
The reality is the people the real people are waking up. The political lies are becoming more and more obvious. Religious belief is being used as an excuse to blockade any attempt at reconciliation and unity.
But again we know all this we see it every day and deep down inside we have that instinct that tells us this, we often ignore it and later wish we'd heeded.

There will be more wars looming this year I am sure. 2012is a shaky scarey year for many who believe and fear the ancient prophesies. Many folk are wondering what this year is going to bring.
But I believe it can be a triumphant time for us all and I am not fearful of it whatever our Governments blunder into.

That is my Dollar fifty.

worth more than that, David Why we should "attack" Syria ! 950944
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:37 am

Agree with Ann's post re. David's post.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:20 am

From this morning's newsletter:

Quote :
The danger is not in false hope, rather it is in no hope or low hope, and consequently our objectives and aims are diminished by our beliefs before they can be worked on and materialized.
Dr. Wayne Dyer - from the premier issue of a new bimonthly free newsletter. If anyone is interested, here is a sign-up page:

http://www.drwaynedyer.com/enews

Ann
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:09 am

3/13/2012

I breaks my heart to see that Assad is murdering

his own people, I don't have the answers, I don't

think anyone has the answers....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:38 am

It breaks all our hearts, Joe. We don't have answers, either. What we can do is to express our grief, give it our thoughts, prayers, whatever works, then let go and let the Universe take care of it.

This is not a cold answer. This is an expression of awareness. Few of us are in a position to give any direct help.

We can recognize the horror of it, and work within our own lives, families, and communities out of love and appreciation to make ourselves, families, and neighborhoods - including our cyber neighborhoods - a safe place to be.

A place of hope. And then, that hope will spread and grow.

Just me.

Ann
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:43 am

Joe you prove you have a good heart.

Our own governments are not beyond murdering their own people.
The US militarys operation Northwoods says it all:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=92662

That maybe old news but it is a tactic born in the minds of a western military.
A great balanced resource on all controversial topics can be found here:
http://www.wanttoknow.info/
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:06 am

Your link didn't work, David, but your comment had me curious, so I followed up on it.

I did note that Operation Northwoods was never approved beyond the military, during a a proposal made during a time of international fear re the "rise of communism" that was never consdiered by the government itself - only the military, and that it had to do with Cuba, not "our own people."

The suggestion that did involve an American, John Glenn, was a different proposal, also limited to the military and never considered by the government.

Quote :
The plans were motivated by an intense desire among senior military leaders to depose Castro, who seized power in 1959 to become the first communist leader in the Western Hemisphere — only 90 miles from U.S. shores.

The earlier CIA-backed Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba by Cuban exiles had been a disastrous failure, in which the military was not allowed to provide firepower.The military leaders now wanted a shot at it.

"The whole thing was so bizarre," says Bamford, noting public and international support would be needed for an invasion, but apparently neither the American public, nor the Cuban public, wanted to see U.S. troops deployed to drive out Castro.

That doesn't excuse the military. It does remind us that it is a good idea that the powers of the military be hed in check.

Ann
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:25 am

Ann the link works if you copy and paste in the navigation bar.
I used it merely as an example of how these people think.
We know that government agencies can operate outside the control of congress under the cloak of official secrecy so it is still a plausible tactic.

Don't forget that a new fear has taken over from the rise of communism now we have the Terrorist threat the rise of Islamic fundamentalists.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:44 am

Of course you are right, David. It is scary to realize that there are so many "possible tactics" out there, and that there is a possibility that something might slip through.

One of the reasons this one piqued my curiosity so was that I had done research in that area while I was writing A Myth in Action. There are strong indications that Audie Murphy worked with the CIA on a somewhat regular basis. How often and to what extent is not known, but it's pretty clear that there is some validity to them, so, I wanted to find out as much as I could, and that little bit of "much" led into the situation in Cuba, the Kennedy assassination, and organized crime. I didn't go very deep. The AMRF director suggested that I might not want to know - for my own sake - so I stopped and relied on them as my major source.

I guess what I'm trying to get at - and not doing a very good job, is that we need to take a close look at what we read in the news. As you said in your earlier post, we need to be wary of the "political lies." We need also to be wary of our news sources.

Sorry about being repetitive, but I strongly suggest seeing State of Play. I would imagine, though I have only read about it, that the BBC mini-series that the film was based on, would be an even better source.

Just me prattling.

Ann
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:02 am

It can be unnerving when one goes deeper into the laundry basket of CIA goings on.
It can shake ones foundations and if you are not ready for the truth an unwise move.
The BBC have made some good documentaries over the years on a lot of controversial issues. Yet the BBC is a government funded corporation and has it's problems like all media these days on issues requiring unbiased viewpoint.
It has had its troubles in the past because of this.
Controlling the media output is part of the strategy in troubled times.
The News favors the money so the saying goes.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 am

A few international corporations own the media. Those corporations are guided by their central figures. Media includes movie production, documentaries, magazines, book publishing - the list goes on.

Unless we find a way to use our minds to study and sift through the mess of propaganda, we are subliminally influenced to take on a point of view that we then confirm by seeking the information sources that provide support.

Ah, I remember the free years as a college freshman when professors were encouraged to challenge young minds to think in multiple points of view and defend them. Most of those professors are gone - today's institutions are bought also by their needs for endowments and football fields.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:43 am

I do believe that the main reason that, as David posted earlier, more and more people are waking up to the realities going on around us, is that we are co-creating our reality.
When we focus our attention on the old reality - the greed, the politicians, the banks, and the controlled media, we give power to them.

I also believe that the more we focus on the positives in the world, the more we add to the newer reality - a world of an awakened and empowered populace, where the influence of greed and violent solutions are dimming.

I want, personally, to be a part of the new, and withdraw my participation from discussions that give attention, and through attention, back to the old.

In some environments, it gets harder and harder to do remain positive, and positive expression is where, for my part, I feel I can do the most good.

Just me.

Ann
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:37 pm

I agree with you in principle, Ann; but sometimes people need to be reminded that they are buying into that hateful reality - - - because they just would rather be mired there (with a "pet hate") than find solutions that don't revolve around historical, negative answers.

Remember that men and some women are governed by their testosterone which controls their thinking toward violent solutions.

Estrogen is a hormone that is more emotional and therefore leads to nurturing, compromising and peaceful solutions.

Draw your own conclusions as to why there is so much dissonance in the world.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:44 pm

3/13/2012

Sorry DK, I still say Assad has go to go

before more women, children and men are

slaughtered, how I don't know ! I do know

the people in Syria hold the answer...

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Thinking positive is good and healthy, however we cannot ignore history. History often repeats itself. Being aware helps us avoid drawing conclusions based on limited information or information that is distorted and/or tainted.
If we want to become the world's policemen we need to set an example of fairness. Respect must be earned. Our record of picking and choosing based on financial concerns is well known. If we don't want to assume the role of the world's policemen, then I suggest we utilize an international forum such as the UN and give the majority decisions our support. Using our veto to kill decisions made by the majority is not democratic.
A military option should be a "last resort" with the full cooperation of the world body.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:33 am

I agree, Abe, but when we dwell on the negatives in that history, we tend to re re-create them.

I ran across an analogy recently - I can't remember where, so I apologize for not giving credit to the source. That analogy had to do with a group of people on a ship. An approaching storm was seen off to the port side of the ship, and all the passengers ran to that side to watch. When they did, the ship began listing to port, and the passengers could see into the waters and noticed that they were infested with sharks. They became fascinated by the terrible possibilities, and continued to watch the dark storm and menacing sea.

A few of the passengers realized that the listing was getting dangerous, and might bring about the sinking of the ship. They moved to the starboard side (climbing in order to do so) and saw a blue sky and calm waters. They tried to tell the frightened passengers, who, by focusing on the dark side, were literally helping to bring the disaster about.

Here is their situation, if those who have seen the light side, and realize that the ship needs to be balanced to keep it from sinking, can't convince the others to come away from the rail and back to the center of the ship, where positive possibilities are available, the ship will sink.

It does not have to happen

Reality is where we focus our attention.

Staying in negative places only increases the gloom, and so, the risk.

Just me.

Ann

Last edited by alj on Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:41 am

Agreed Ann. Loved the analogy.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:38 am

3/14/2012

I don't think anyone has the answers to the Syrian

problem, I do believe it's up to the people who live

in that country to correct the problem..

Cheers..Joe..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:58 am

May they do it quickly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why we should "attack" Syria !   Why we should "attack" Syria ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Why we should "attack" Syria !
Page 1 of 1