Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Quality air pump nozzle?

Go down 
+3
Dick Stodghill
rainbow689
P. Gordon Kennedy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Quality air pump nozzle? Empty
PostSubject: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 1:42 pm

I was trying to put air in my bicycle tires today with a new $20 air pump, but the "high tech" nozzle was something again. First, it wouldn't go on the valve stem and when I finally got it on, it blew itself off as soon as I started pumping. I tried putting it on a differnt way, but then it blew itself apart when I started pumping. After getting the stupid nozzle back together, I had to have someone hold it on the valve stem while I pumped. The nozzle was one of those fancy types with a built in ball inflation needle and other crap you don't need on a bicycle pump. Why can't they build the pump with a regular nozzle that works instead of this "high tech" piece of garbage? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
rainbow689
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
rainbow689

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 2:25 pm

P. Gordon Kennedy wrote:
I was trying to put air in my bicycle tires today with a new $20 air pump, but the "high tech" nozzle was something again. First, it wouldn't go on the valve stem and when I finally got it on, it blew itself off as soon as I started pumping. I tried putting it on a differnt way, but then it blew itself apart when I started pumping. After getting the stupid nozzle back together, I had to have someone hold it on the valve stem while I pumped. The nozzle was one of those fancy types with a built in ball inflation needle and other crap you don't need on a bicycle pump. Why can't they build the pump with a regular nozzle that works instead of this "high tech" piece of garbage? Evil or Very Mad

Was it made in China?
Back to top Go down
http://fly.to/rainbow689
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 2:57 pm

I suppose it's the same reason you can't buy a car without dozens of extras that add thousands of dollars to the cost. Simplicity seems to be a thing of the past.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 3:11 pm

rainbow689 wrote:
P. Gordon Kennedy wrote:

Was it made in China?

Probably. There isn't much that isn't made in China these days.
Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 4:10 pm

Kim Chee
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 5:31 pm

I guess simplicity just doesn't sell enough these days. The company figures that if they add all these extra features, they can raise the price and their profits. To raise their profits even higher, they use the cheapest materials they can and get the cheapest possible labor (that's why stuff isn't built in the USA). It seems that profits are more important than happy costomers these days.
Back to top Go down
rainbow689
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
rainbow689

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 10:10 pm

P. Gordon Kennedy wrote:
I guess simplicity just doesn't sell enough these days. The company figures that if they add all these extra features, they can raise the price and their profits. To raise their profits even higher, they use the cheapest materials they can and get the cheapest possible labor (that's why stuff isn't built in the USA). It seems that profits are more important than happy costomers these days.

If that was a typo 'costomers' it really should be itcostsusalotmore's!
Back to top Go down
http://fly.to/rainbow689
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 10:52 pm

There needs to be a movement of "back to the basics" and that would apply to products as well as necessities of life.
Marketers feel they need to come up with a new twist to sell products. It reminds me of the old soap commercials, "New Improved Tide" and then, "New Improved - even more effective."
Better, better until it gets worse. Now a tire pump that requires a service technician to use. Geesh!
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 10:56 pm

I'm with you, Abe! "better" and improved until it no longer does the job.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 6:18 am

To me, "new and improved" has come to mean you can't get the package open without dynamite or a bayonet.
Quality air pump nozzle? 514350
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 7:01 am

And "childproof cap" means that only a child can open it! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 8:15 am

Quality air pump nozzle? 343621
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 10:46 am

I've seen products labeled as new even though they've been on the market for four or five years. I think they just use terms like new or improved or reformulated, ect. to get people to buy their stuff. Speaking of packaging, I had to use a wire cutter to get the air pump with the stupid overcomplicated nozzle out of its package. Many times I actually need to use knives and such to get packages open. I'm surprised I havn't needed a power saw yet to get a stupid package open. Besides, excess packaging is a waste of materials and results in valuble resources being buried in landfills. Less packaging would make many products more convenient and would reduce the wastful use of important resources. I think they should especially cut back on the use of plastic in packaging, buecaus plastic is made from petroleum and petroleum is a non-renewable resource. Once the petroleum is gone, it's gone. Oh, it'll be back eventually, but that'll take about 100 million years. By contrast, recorded history only goes back about 5,500 years or about 0.0055% of 100 million years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quality air pump nozzle?   Quality air pump nozzle? Empty

Back to top Go down

Quality air pump nozzle?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: