Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Just The Fact

Go down 
+4
dkchristi
Abe F. March
alj
Betty Fasig
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Just The Fact - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just The Fact   Just The Fact - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:39 pm

I forgot to add that once they get to Washington, the city lights take them on a fantasy ride to future wealth and security and they quickly forget how they got there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Just The Fact   Just The Fact - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 4:40 pm

Or they remember how they got there and vote accordingly - where the money came from is where the votes go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Just The Fact   Just The Fact - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Sorry to bring this back to a diversion, but it isn’t really, it’s a coincidental correlation and confirmation of what we have been saying in this thread. It may take it in a lighter direction, but that doesn’t reduce its validity.

If you were to look back to the original post that I made re the film, State of Play, and were to focus on the minute of dialog between minutes 6 and 7, give or take a second or two (and I don’t expect that you might actually do that – it’s OK) you would have an explanation of how the process works.

I had no idea, when I posted that comment, that a perfect example would come up so quickly.

This may come as a total surprise to some of you, (insert tongue-in-cheek emoticon), but I am a fan of Russell Crowe, and as such, I occasionally search google for new news. I also check in to his twitter account every now and then, which, incidentally, has grown, over just a few months, from 200,000 to nearly double that, because he is a really cool tweeter.

But back to the topic. During the last couple of days, one of those incidences that Mr. Crowe pointed out in that segment of the aforementioned video has come up. Somebody – who knows who, started a rumor. It was quickly picked up by an online site called Movie Web, among quite a few others.

The gist of the story is that Russell Crowe will be playing Noah – yes, that Noah – in a new film account of the Biblical flood. The media also picked up another detail, apparently, that Liam Neeson, would be playing a villainous character who was trying to stop the whole show.

Here is the twitter interchange between the tabloid site and Mr. Crowe:

Quote :
MovieWeb MovieWeb.com
Darren Aronofsky Eyes Russell Crowe for Noah Remake goo.gl/Iz9Sb @russellcrowe #DarrenAronofsky #RussellCrowe #Noah #LiamNeeson
15 hours ago
(If you were to click on the link it would take you to an article with all the gory details)
in reply to ↑

@russellcroweRussell Crowe
@MovieWeb And I'm eyeing him right back...Liam's eyeing both of us... and Paramount are eyeing us all, including you. Whole lot of eyeing

See how easy it is, these days?

For gracious sake, folks. Do not believe what you read, in print or online, until you have checked out the facts.

It has become serious business.

Our future depends on it.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Just The Fact   Just The Fact - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:14 am

Interesting thread. In my view, I think DK got it right. Other factors of twisting truth and making assumptions based on rumors is evident in Ann's posts. I'm reminded of the analysis of the word "Assume" When you Assume, you make an Ass-u-me "Ass" out of "u" and "me".

Even facts are often difficult to accept as valid. Facts can be given with distortion to suit. And when facts are presented, the opposition will disparage the source. I think it is up to us to draw our own conclusions based on our experience and gut feelings. Discussion helps to put things in a perspective that helps. Drawing conclusions with limited (or questionable) information is a hazard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just The Fact   Just The Fact - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Just The Fact
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2