Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose !

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose ! Empty
PostSubject: Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose !   Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose ! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:37 am

11/1/2011

This shows everyone including the banks, the power of the consumer
to bring big banks to their knees, thousands of consumers have fled
big banks for credit unions which are consumer friendly, read on..

http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/11/01/8580475-bank-of-america-drops-debit-card-fee-plan

Cheers..Joe .... Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose ! 973110
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose !   Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose ! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:43 am

Bravo. Power to the people.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose !   Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose ! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:56 am

There's hope yet.....?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose !   Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose ! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:13 am

11/1/2011

A year ago I changed to a local credit union, I found out
my bank was charging my an extra $1- plus the ATM fee,
so after ten years I changed , now I know what's exactly mine.
I think every bank customer should switch to credit unions, the
banks would sink in a month if they lost all their customers..

Cheers..Joe.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose !   Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose ! EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:09 pm

I love my credit union. The clerks know my name, and my son's name. They ask about him, knowing he is in Afghanistan.

They apologized for awhile when they began charging $2 for cashiers checks, which up until recently had still been free. The credit unions have a co-op so I don't get charged ATM fees at many other credit unions around the country.

There is no monthly fee. Just the usual 'naughty' fees like return checks and overdraft (if you don't enroll in o.d. protection), etc ... and even those fees are less than the banks. And of course it helps to just keep good register records in the checkbook to avoid those fees.

Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose !   Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose ! EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 5:01 am

Credit unions are membership organizations. The members are the recipients of the benefits. Credit unions are also U.S. institutions. The benefits of banks go to the high paid executives, many of whom are international, and to the stockholders . Credit union boards of directors are members voted in by the members.

I have been a credit union member since 1986. I have had banking relationships since then, but they have not been as long lasting. I had one problem with the credit union because they (like a bank) sold my mortgage to Fannie Mae. That caused me lots of trouble when a credit union held mortgage would have been better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose !   Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Power of the consumer - Debit card fees dead ! Banks Lose !
Page 1 of 1