Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Gadhafi is dead

Go down 
+2
joefrank
Abe F. March
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 8:47 am

Gadhafi of Lybia is dead.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 10:27 am

10/20/2011

Abe..

Ding Dong The Dictator is dead !
It seems they all wind up that way,
I believe their sociopaths, instead of
getting out when they can their egos
take over, as they say you live by the
sword you die by the sword. Who knows
which way Libya will head ? Time will tell.

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 10:37 am

One must understand that Libya is a nation of Tribes, as are most M.E. countries. We must wait and see how his tribe will react to his death. In any event, another Tribe will come to power. That's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:13 pm

No one is saddened by his demise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 7:50 pm

I am. I am saddened for his relatives and those who loved him. He was still a human being; his life a gift from God. The people in that country whose lives have been lost have loved ones who mourn.

It is a country of tribes and tribal warfare which makes the assassination appropriate for the evolved state of those people; it is not right for us. We have the intelligence to live differently in the world.

President Obama, however, has weighed the interests of this country and the need to protect its citizens against his choices for diplomacy. In his short tenure, three dictators are no longer a threat to the world. That should shut up those who want to find fault with his world leadership. He is a magnificent leader who has met goals set before his time with minimal loss of life.

He and Hillary Clinton have participated in the world order with great skill.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:34 am

I am sorry and sad he was so mean and vicious.
Think of the people he abused.
I will not spend a moment grieving for him. I will save my grief for the people he tyrannized. Those who loved him are now free to find a more lovable person to direct their attention to.
I must look into him more.
Must have had a faulty upbringing or brain damage. Something was haywire.

Last edited by alice on Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:00 am

My stepsister was murdered in cold blood by her ex-husband who broke into her apartment and shot her with her own gun. She was a trained marksman. When he shot off the door locks and entered the apartment, she pointed her gun at him but could not shoot. He called the 911 and bragged about taking her own gun from her to kill her. She was 43. She was a kind and beautiful woman with family, friends, a career and a full life ahead of her.

If anyone deserved hate and revenge it was her mother. My beautiful stepmother said instead that hate is poison to the soul. To hate this man would not bring back her daughter. She did not want him free to harm another person; but she did not want revenge. She did not hate him. He was no one to her. What mattered was the love to pour into her grandchildren to be certain they grew up undamaged by the need to hate and want revenge She did a good job of seeing that through. Her beliefs calmed my readiness to hate; I embraced her philosophy.

There are many evil people in this world. I do not believe it is right to assassinate them. How do you choose those that are the most heinous to eliminate? I am sure there are people in the world who see heinous people in the United States also. And by whose estimation do they deserve death? In this case, I do believe the end of this man's life probably saved many lives. It was the politically correct thing to do. I am saddened that killing another human being is the rational decision. How much better to develop diplomatic answers to political problems that do not result in innocent deaths and destruction along with the offending target?

The death of another human being is not cause for rejoicing. It is sad. It is sad that the world stage is so foul that this was the best choice.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:05 am

It is not too difficult to understand the celebration of the death of a tyrant, however I don't agree with death as punishment. No one is totally evil. If we are to punish evil, we can start at home.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:10 am

DK,

I am so sorry about your sister.
Hate is very bad. I am not rejoicing about Ghadififi --merely not in mourning over him.
I hope your sister's murderer was kept confined for life.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:36 am

Sorry to hear about the death of your sister, DK. That is so tragic.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:34 pm

The years have passed. At her gravesite, there is a special frame in which family members add pictures of grandchildren now that never knew their grandmother. She had five children. Two continued to hate for a long time. One is still hateful. His life has been very difficult.

Thank you for your kind remarks. The loss of a loved one is never healed. Life just moves on and every once in awhile, memory brings fresh tears.

I believe like Abe that we have no right to take another life. I believe we all have the spark of God's love within us even if evil resides there also.

In self-defense, I believe I would do what was necessary, Some people carry the concept of self-defense to a wider spectrum. Interpretation of values vary so greatly from one culture to another, from one person to another.

Just as I see God's presence as the reason that all life is sacred, others quote the Bible to excuse revenge. Life is such a vast array of thought and opinion. Trying to find the beliefs that are the best is a challenging quest.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:36 pm

People can use the Bible to justify anything. Jesus set us an example of how to live and deal with
adversity. I think it is safe to follow His example.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:48 pm

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:29 pm

Please show me the exact quote in the Koran that tells Muslims to kill non-Muslims. Thanks.

Plenty of people have been murdered in the name of Christianity too.

Most of the prophets with which I am familiar taught some form of brotherly love.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:36 pm

It would be hard to find someone worse than Ghadiffi. Such monsters are rare.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 7:57 pm

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Quote :
from Deuteronomy 20
New International Version (NIV)

10 When you march up to attack a city, make its people an offer of peace. 11 If they accept and open their gates, all the people in it shall be subject to forced labor and shall work for you. 12 If they refuse to make peace and they engage you in battle, lay siege to that city. 13 When the LORD your God delivers it into your hand, put to the sword all the men in it. 14As for the women, the children, the livestock and everything else in the city, you may take these as plunder for yourselves. And you may use the plunder the LORD your God gives you from your enemies. 15 This is how you are to treat all the cities that are at a distance from you and do not belong to the nations nearby.

Quote :
From The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran
Laws

Then a lawyer said, "But what of our Laws, master?"
And he answered:
You delight in laying down laws,
Yet you delight more in breaking them.
Like children playing by the ocean who build sand-towers with constancy and then destroy them with laughter.
But while you build your sand-towers the ocean brings more sand to the shore,
And when you destroy them, the ocean laughs with you.
Verily the ocean laughs always with the innocent.
But what of those to whom life is not an ocean, and man-made laws are not sand-towers,
But to whom life is a rock, and the law a chisel with which they would carve it in their own likeness?
What of the cripple who hates dancers?
What of the ox who loves his yoke and deems the elk and deer of the forest stray and vagrant things?
What of the old serpent who cannot shed his skin, and calls all others naked and shameless?
And of him who comes early to the wedding-feast, and when over-fed and tired goes his way saying that all feasts are violation and all feasters law-breakers?
What shall I say of these save that they too stand in the sunlight, but with their backs to the sun?
They see only their shadows, and their shadows are their laws.
And what is the sun to them but a caster of shadows?
And what is it to acknowledge the laws but to stoop down and trace their shadows upon the earth?
But you who walk facing the sun, what images drawn on the earth can hold you?
You who travel with the wind, what weathervane shall direct your course?
What man's law shall bind you if you break your yoke but upon no man's prison door?
What laws shall you fear if you dance but stumble against no man's iron chains?
And who is he that shall bring you to judgment if you tear off your garment yet leave it in no man's path?
People of Orphalese, you can muffle the drum, and you can loosen the strings of the lyre, but who shall command the skylark not to sing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:56 pm

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:30 am

Thanks Ann. Reality checks are important to keep focused on the fact the world is diverse with many beliefs and many written words that came from a different place in the changing human race. And it has changed. Just the advent of travel and now instant communication provides fertile ground for change.

Philosophers and prophets have provided many beautiful thoughts about a life well-lived. In a time of tribal wars (and some parts of the world are still living in that time) the thought processes of those writing their beliefs were different than in times of peace and prosperity or where a vision of peace and prosperity could be understood.

The most evolved minds will wonder that wars were ever on the face of this earth; the sooner that time comes, the better.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:19 am

I have a different view of Gaddafi. I think he was created for a definite purpose in life, He chose his own purpose. God's plan is always the best plan. I don't think he had much joy in life and met an early violent death. He did not bring joy to many others, either.

God has a plan of salvation for him and I hope he availed himself of it.
No one need agree with me. I don't think dictators are happy campers.
The Bible says, " Choose ye this day whom ye will serve."

Who we serve determines our actions.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 7:41 am

Good post Ann.
I think much can be learned from good and bad dictators. People pick and choose what they wish to believe or learn.
I think his death was the best for him. I can't imagine him living a happy life after being the "all powerful" person in a country where he could do anything he wanted. His life as he once lived it was over. Dying saved him from facing a new reality. What will happen now or who will replace him is yet unknown. Just because he is dead doesn't mean that things will be better - just different. Let's hope things get better for the Lybian people.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 7:18 pm

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 5:00 am

copy of Domeic's post removed by Alice.

Last edited by alice on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 6:36 am

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 12:47 pm

copy of Domenic's post removed by Alice

Last edited by alice on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gadhafi is dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gadhafi is dead   Gadhafi is dead Empty

Back to top Go down

Gadhafi is dead
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next