Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

What Are We Looking For?

Go down 
+5
JoElle
dkchristi
Domenic Pappalardo
lyntx
alice
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

What Are We Looking For? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are We Looking For?   What Are We Looking For? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:04 am

Ann and Shelagh ,

Good posts!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: What Are We Looking For?   What Are We Looking For? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:20 am

cc

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: What Are We Looking For?   What Are We Looking For? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:44 am

Domenic Pappalardo wrote:
There are many who read the bible and d not reason, nor test if it is true.

Ask yourself this simple basic bible question; How many Wise men(Magi) does the bible speak of, and where were they when Jesus was born?

If I'm not stupid, many people better hope I am.

Just because you have your own view and understanding of the bible and it differs from others ... it does not mean you are stupid. I don't think anyone on this forum is.

Let's not hijack this thread to discuss and debate bible interpretation ... again. There is a separate thread for that.

People will argue their interpretations bible teaching as long as religions based on the bible exist on this planet.

I've read the bible from Genesis to Revelation ... numerous times and different versions. And I've studied it for many years. I well know what it says.

It doesn't change the fact that there are others out there who know it just as well (and better) as I do ... and don't agree on how I see it.

It's nice that because there were those willing to fight (and die) for our freedom of religion that we have the right to believe what we know to be true in our experience and opinion.

Last edited by JoElle on Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: What Are We Looking For?   What Are We Looking For? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:49 am

Shelagh wrote:
It doesn't matter what we think or do. Soldiers don't cause wars; they fight in them. Politicians cause them.

I agree. I also think that in this day and age, a soldier should be able to refuse to carry out an order if he feels it it wrong, however a soldier is obliged to follow orders. We cannot condemn a soldier, but rather the people who placed him in that position.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: What Are We Looking For?   What Are We Looking For? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:47 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
Shelagh wrote:
It doesn't matter what we think or do. Soldiers don't cause wars; they fight in them. Politicians cause them.

I agree. I also think that in this day and age, a soldier should be able to refuse to carry out an order if he feels it it wrong, however a soldier is obliged to follow orders. We cannot condemn a soldier, but rather the people who placed him in that position.

Especially today, with a volunteer military. If a man or woman chooses to become a soldier, following orders must be a part of that choice.

We don't live in a perfect world. If we did, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Sometimes our choices lie between the lesser of two or more evils.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What Are We Looking For?   What Are We Looking For? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Thank you all for your opinions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are We Looking For?   What Are We Looking For? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Are We Looking For?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: