Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The Paragon of Animals

Go down 
+2
LC
Betty Fasig
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

The Paragon of Animals Empty
PostSubject: The Paragon of Animals   The Paragon of Animals EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:37 pm

I watch animals around me every day. I slow down and let them be. The animals that come here are here to eat or to rest before going on.

Some find it a lovely place and stay a while. Some are injured and find this a place to heal.

When I look out, I see the perfection that is this earth.

It is a dance. An ebb and flow of danger and peace that effects every creature no matter how big or small.

Love,

Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: The Paragon of Animals   The Paragon of Animals EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 6:42 pm

There's a running trail in my subdivision. Sometimes I see a flash of a furry red tail in the woods. Tonight the whole damn fox planted itself squarely in the middle of the trail and BARKED at me! I turned around and ran the other way. I'm not taking on any foxes.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: The Paragon of Animals   The Paragon of Animals EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 7:16 pm

You run alone? Take your husband along.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The Paragon of Animals   The Paragon of Animals EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:19 pm

My sister-in-law had a lovely garden. You entered through an arbor. It had a pretty white, picket fence around it. Just as the items were ready to pick, she headed out with her basket and was confronted by a buck, a doe and their family. The buck started pawing the earth and then the doe. My sister-in-law told them to "shew" and they pawed more enthusiastically and started walking toward her. She ran back into the house. They wandered leisurely into the garden and had their fill - and stayed there all afternoon.

She no longer has a real garden, only the volunteers that continue to come up. The deer continue to feed at will. She has a deer garden - you know, like a butterfly garden.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Paragon of Animals   The Paragon of Animals EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 11:26 pm

DK.
I experienced something similar. A deer discovered my garden at the endge of the forest and enjoyed eating the succulent plants. Deer are creatures of habit and follow the same paths. The deer (doe) must have spread the word that she found a garden of succulent delights and the next day there were more deer feeding. I noticed that they nibbled on the tomato and onion plants but didn't eat them. The following year, instead of putting a fence around the garden, I planted tomato and onion plants around the edge of the garden. It solved the problem. Guess they didn't like the bitter taste.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The Paragon of Animals   The Paragon of Animals EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 4:43 am

She gave up on the garden for several years, and the deer come with their families as volunteers continue to come up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: The Paragon of Animals   The Paragon of Animals EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 5:52 am

Audie Murphy used to call animals and children the only all-good creatures left.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Paragon of Animals   The Paragon of Animals Empty

Back to top Go down

The Paragon of Animals
Page 1 of 1