Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !

Go down 
+2
zadaconnaway
joefrank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! Empty
PostSubject: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:23 pm

7/13/2011

We should start new topics, some fun, our interests, politics is getting
boring and un-nerving ...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:47 pm

AMEN!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 9:58 pm

Joe,
I agree that other topics are more entertaining and less stressful, however the seriousness of the political situation that affects millions of people are at stake. This is not the time to turn our backs on those less fortunate. We are writers and can express what many are unable to express.

Medicare, Social Security, Healthcare are matters that means life or death.
It's all about money and power.

We the citizens must make a declaration of war. It is a war about inequality. It is a war of survival. A war against tyranny.

I served my country to help keep it safe. We fought for liberty and justice. It's time to go to war and fight against the enemy within.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:17 pm

I agree with you Abe, however, my blood pressure can only stand so much.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

PostSubject: Re: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:23 pm

Actually, what raises my blood pressure more than anything else is talking and talking and no one is listening. We are surrounded with idiots, it would seem. Perhaps I am speaking in a foreign tongue!!
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:32 am

Abe, I agree with most of what you say, but in the instance below, I do hope you are speaking metaphorically:

Quote :
I served my country to help keep it safe. We fought for liberty and
justice. It's time to go to war and fight against the enemy within.

The last time we did that literally, the result was horrific. Today, it could possibly be the last decision we ever make.

What needs to change in this country is the focus on competition. Look at the polarized stand of the two parties in Congress, and see how true that is. Two parties competing for power over the other.

This will go on until we either compete ourselves to death (literally), or finally, once and for all, learn to cooperate.

Cooperation is not the same as concession. It is realizing that the other has a perspective that is different, and finding a way to see the whole picture, or at least a greater percentage of it, and working together to achieve our mutual interests and needs.

And, just one more thing. Most of us who post in this group are a bit beyond the age of having to do the fighting, if it comes to that. Do we really want to put our children and grandchildren in that position?

We should be sages, speaking and writing resolution from the wisdom of our experience.

Just me.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:30 am

Ann,

I agree. I have had enough of wars.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:09 am

7/14/2011

Make love..... Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! 765642

Not war...... Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! 594595

Cheers..Joe... Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! 986243
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:27 am

Maybe it is time to reread Thoreau's Civil Disobedience and the speeches of MLK.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:58 am

Let's all calm down. If the gov't defaults, we will be rid of the Republicans. With the
Republicans gone, the anger will defuse and no one will listen to FOX News.

Without FOX News, the hate level will decline. If we have said our piece to our congreessperson, relax and see what happens--no use having a stroke over it.

We will need our enegy . My 90 year old mother-in-law was worried and said, "What if my check doesn't come?"

We said, It willl come."

She said, " We will be kicked out of our apartments." I said, "No they can't kick all of you out."

It is pathetic to scare old people with this.

The Republicans need love.

Last edited by alice on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JoElle
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
JoElle

Number of posts : 1311
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:18 am

Politics is interesting in my family ...

My brother in law and my oldest brother share very similar views.
My son, who is in the military has other views.

I have very liberal views in some things and very conservative in others.

My son and brother laugh because I very much agree with both of them ... but in different areas ... and disagree with them, in different areas.

I will say this, because we DO listen to other views with an open mind, even when we disagree ... we LEARN new things and by being able to see another point of view, we come to see that things aren't always the way we think they are.

For example, me, I am happy to learn that troops are being brought back home. However, what I didn't realize was that means more problems for troops being sent over.

My son is being deployed this summer, he leaves for Afghanistan soon. The job he is going to was being covered by 1600 soldiers. But many of them are being brought back home. By the time my kid gets there with his unit, they will be doing that same job with less than 1200 soldiers. It is a dangerous job to begin with ... now with less soldiers it will be even more so.

Sure I want our troops back home, but not at this kind of cost.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:40 am

Jo Elle,

I want your son home. I want war all war to end.
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:33 am

alj wrote:
Abe, I agree with most of what you say, but in the instance below, I do hope you are speaking metaphorically:

Quote :
I served my country to help keep it safe. We fought for liberty and
justice. It's time to go to war and fight against the enemy within.

The last time we did that literally, the result was horrific. Today, it could possibly be the last decision we ever make.

What needs to change in this country is the focus on competition. Look at the polarized stand of the two parties in Congress, and see how true that is. Two parties competing for power over the other.

This will go on until we either compete ourselves to death (literally), or finally, once and for all, learn to cooperate.

Cooperation is not the same as concession. It is realizing that the other has a perspective that is different, and finding a way to see the whole picture, or at least a greater percentage of it, and working together to achieve our mutual interests and needs.

And, just one more thing. Most of us who post in this group are a bit beyond the age of having to do the fighting, if it comes to that. Do we really want to put our children and grandchildren in that position?

We should be sages, speaking and writing resolution from the wisdom of our experience.

Just me.

Ann
Of course Ann. Our sword is the pen, or shall I say, keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !   Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring ! Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's start new topics...politics is getting boring !
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: