Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?

Go down 
+3
alice
alj
joefrank
7 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? Empty
PostSubject: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:38 am

6/15/2011

Is the United States the next Greece ? Read the article, salaries slashed, Pensions
slashed, jobs eliminated, Taxes raised on everything for a third time this year. What
is your opinion ?

http://money.cnn.com/2010/05/11/news/international/greek_austerity/index.htm?iid=EAL

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:31 pm

That's kind of a jump, Joe. I didn't see anything in the article to connect the two.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:40 pm

Joe,
I don't know what will happen. I am afraid the economy is stagnating.
I think we need some federally funded infrastructure repairs.

The military could oversee this work. The employment of workers would cut the unemployed, widen the tax base and increase spending. Employed people would have money to spend, would not draw unemployment, or need food stamps.

If they would just hark back to FDR's handling of the great depression for some pointers.

We need to collect taxes and quit borrowing from China. Self sufficiency is the goal,

I don't mind paying higher taxes if there is a plan.

I don't think a panic will help--just some wise actions--wish we would see some.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 2:50 pm

6/15/2011

What we need to do is re-build this country, not
add more taxes, we're taxed too death....I've
read where people who are un-employed took
out student loans, went back to school and they
still can't find jobs, now they owe a fortune...

Ann..

I probably hit the wrong page, but the way we're
going we're not far behind, taxing the public to death'
won't help, Washington has to cut all their stupid pork
foreign aide, Washington salaries ( 5 years ) and that
includes all Congress, President and Vice-President, most
of these people are wealthy and they don't need the
salaries and perks.....

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 3:45 pm

Who is taxed to death?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:27 pm

6/16/2011

Alice..

" We the people "

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 10:51 pm

Joe, I think if the country keeps going the way it is now, we wil not be too far behind Greece.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:05 pm

Are we forgetting that the source of income for our government is taxes?
Calling for tax cuts usually occur at election time. The problem is that the cuts have gone to the rich, you know, the people who have the money. And then, I think the money they save from paying their taxes they pour into the coffers of the politicians.

As for Greece, they are bankrupt and have been receiving bail-out money from the EU. The government must reduce spending. The people don't want any cutback in benefits. A responsible government must stop spending. Using a credit card may give temporary relief, however it only serves to increase the debt.

Taxes are needed to help get us out of debt, and that should begin with those who have the money. Just as important is to guard against unnecessary spending, especially with wars.

It takes $1.47 to buy one Euro. When the Euro first came out, it was par with the dollar. The dollar was once the standard since it was backed by gold. The only thing backing the dollar is our ability to produce - a strong economy. How can that happen when people have no money to spend?
What's the solution? I don't have an answer that would be pleasing. Many have already tightened their belt and there is nothing left to tighten. Austerity must begin with the federal government. Tax the rich, stop spending money on stupid wars is a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:45 pm

Well put Abe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:43 am

What Zada said!
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:38 am

Joe,

I am not taxed to death. I am still quite alive. If my taxes were doubled, I'd still be okay. It would be well worth it, if the problem were solved.
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:56 am

The plan is to make a one world money system, like the Euro. Goverments arn't stupid, they make problems so people will beg for the change the Goverment wants. We are a stupid people...Baaa, Baaa...sheep.

Last edited by Domenic Pappalardo on Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harry
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
harry

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:07 am

No matter is America sinking in the sense of economy or not, it still seems be the wonderland to many Europeans, every day as I listen radio or watch the tv, I could see and hear those interviews - how someone have been in America, living there for awhile and that makes her or him as a cosmological person, who have seen the wold- America where all is big and people rich.
What I wonder - is the language, why so few are able to read English - even after been learning it for years.
As I said - it seems be still the wonderland for somebody here.
Back to top Go down
http://oceanrover.blogspot.com/
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:11 am

Want to read some truth? This country is not heading in a direction, it is already there. They are doing the same thing Germany did in 1939.

Halliburton Confirms Concentration Camps Already Constructed IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? Symres:sb_safeannotation

Why exactly are prisons being built for ... and preparation exercise to build concentration camps and ... in the CIA know ALL ABOUT the concentration camps in America ...

www.libertyforlife.com/.../us_concentration_camps.htm - Cached
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:31 am

Oh, by the way, Habeas Corpus has already been suspended...five years ago if I recall. They do not have to take you before a Judge...you do not pass go...you do not collect $200...you go directly to jail.The people of America fell into the same trap the people of Germany fell into.Do what you are told, and keep your mouth shut...you can do no more than the people of Germany could do for 12 years. They had someone to save them...the people of America don't.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:35 am

Domenic,

Are we feeling a bit negative today?
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:06 am

No...I feel great. Check out the facts...you just might find it's not a good time for most people.
Back to top Go down
harry
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
harry

Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2008-11-07

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:58 am

" The people came out of their houses and smelled the hot stinging air and covered their noses from it, And the children came out of the houses, but they did not run or shout as they would have done after a rain. Men stood by the fences and looked at the ruined corn, dying fast now, only little green showing through the film of dust. The men were silent and they did not move often. And women came out of the houses to stand beside their man - to feel whether this time the men would break. "

Is the time of the grapes of wrath back? Isn't there the voice sounding very biblical?
Back to top Go down
http://oceanrover.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?   IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ? Empty

Back to top Go down

IS THE UNITED STATES THE NEXT GREECE- DEFAULT ? OPNION ?
Page 1 of 1