Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON

Go down 
+4
Abe F. March
joefrank
alj
alice
8 posters
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON Empty
PostSubject: HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON   HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:57 am

I see you still visit here, just don't post. Miss you and Happy Birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON 765642 HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON 451294 HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON 765642 HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON 451294 HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON 765642

Last edited by alice on Mon May 23, 2011 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON   HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON EmptySun May 22, 2011 8:23 am

Have a good one, E. Don.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON   HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:00 am

5/22/2011

Happy Birthday Don

.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON 354181 HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON 607436 HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON 260738

Cheers...Joe.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON   HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:52 am

Don,
Happy Birthday. You are missed here.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON   HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:41 am

The best is yet to come - happy birthday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON   HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:14 pm

Dear E. Don,
I hope you have had a fine day! It has been so very hot here, 97 today and not a cloud in sight. I thought of you up there having your birthday and decided to post this story in honor of you and your kind heart . . let the beat of it roll on and on.
Love,
Betty
PEOPLE SWEAT, MICE GO UNDERGROUND BUT DOGS LET THEIR EARS FLY IN THE BREEZE

It was a hot, humid, misty morning. The fog lay thick upon the ground and little drops of moisture formed on the blades of grass and leaves of the trees. They dripped down upon the dry sand of the earth and rolled in small, wet balls over the dry surface. The little sand covered drops of water rolled down into the hedges and lay there until the thirsty soil absorbed them.

Camille, the chameleon, straddled a wild mustard leaf and let the fog collect on her head. She waited until a drop ran down her face and into her eyes. Then, she licked it off with her wonderful long tongue. Several drops drunk in this fashion and she was good for the day. She did not need much water to survive.

The frogs were in trouble. It had not rained for such a long time that the ditch they lived in was dried up until it was just a small mud puddle under some trees in the middle. This small spot of water was left to the tadpoles … and to fate.

The frogs left in search of wetter climate. In Wooffer distance, they did not have far to go. But in frog distance, it was like a trip to another land … a good five hundred feet to the greenhouse nursery. There it seemed to rain every day for a long time, and such a nice place to live! They came by the thousands! Frogs were living in every nook and cranny of every plant, and enjoying themselves like it was no one’s business but their own. Food and water … everywhere.

Wooffer continued to visit the ditch for a long time. He began to wonder where all the frogs had gone. He never saw one frog. He began to worry about the frogs and what might have happened to them. It seemed wrong, somehow, that there was not a single frog around. Where could they all have gone?

Several days passed; Wooffer kept a constant check on the tadpoles in the little muddy puddle. He noticed that every day the little pool of water was smaller and smaller. He could hear the little tadpoles crying and fighting for air. This was nothing to wait around about! He went directly to tell his mom to come and look at the ditch. When she got to the tadpole pool, she knew right away what needed to be done. With Wooffer’s help, she dragged the longest garden hose to the edge of the ditch and told Wooffer to wait there while she turned on the water. The little pool grew larger and larger. Soon, the little tadpoles were in deep water and safe. Every day, Wooffer and his mom filled up the little pool for the tadpoles. There was neither croak nor song from any frog, however, and no matter how many times Wooffer sang “The Music of the Night” there were no cheers coming from the ditch … just silence … and the smell of the dried mud. Wooffer did not know what to do.

It was a week to the day later, on a Thursday, at three o’clock in the afternoon that the dark clouds began to gather and the thunder began to sound. Lightening was in the air all around. Then the rain began … big drops at first … and Wooffer and his mom ran to the house. It began to rain cats and dogs, then … buckets and buckets of water fell from the sky and the wind blew and the trees bent and bowed to the force of the wind. It was the first summer storm. Wooffer listened to the thunder and watched the rain run down the windows. He was glad to be safe and dry beside his mom.

When the storm was over, Wooffer and his mom went back outside. “Listen, Wooffer! Do you hear it?” Yes, Wooffer heard it! Frogs! Frogs! Frogs! All singing together! Wooffer ran to the ditch. It was a river! All the frogs had returned from the greenhouse and were leaping for joy from one side of the ditch to the other. The little tadpoles were swimming in the deep water, glad to be alive. Wooffer was so overjoyed to see the frogs back in the old ditch again, that he jumped right in the water with them, laughing and calling each one of them by name. It was a very happy day for them all.
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
E. Don Harpe
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
E. Don Harpe

Number of posts : 1979
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON   HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON EmptySat May 28, 2011 7:29 am

Thanks everyone. Seems I reached another of the 10 year birthdays. Didn't think I'd live this long, and I appreciate the good wishes.

Betty, I hope you don't mind that I copied and saved your story. As always, it's much better than good. I love it. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.donharpe.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON   HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:20 am

E Don,I hope it was a happy day. I never thought I would make it to 21, but here I sit. Guess it just shows we are survivors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON   HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:22 am

P.S.I agree, Betty's stories are always delight to read.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON   HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON Empty

Back to top Go down

HAPPY BIRTHDAY E. DON
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: