Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012

Go down 
+2
dkchristi
joefrank
6 posters
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 Empty
PostSubject: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:29 pm

5/22/2011

I have listened to Herman Cain, he's running for President, check out his site
and judge for yourself, this man has great ideas and values....

http://www.hermancain.com/

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:39 am

I don't see anything different than the speeches of any other candidate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:07 am

5/22/2011

DK..

I believe what he says is true and he doesn't talk
like a politician, I will watch him in the coming months,
as they say may the best man win..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:53 am

I don't know, Joe. The Tea Party Godfather?

We can agree on the best man, thing, though. ( Or best person) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:01 am

5/22/2011

Or best woman...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:45 pm

It doesn't matter that much who becomes president. I doubt it could solve the problems in the western economy.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptySun May 22, 2011 2:55 pm

I'm a little tired of those who are going to bring the U.S. back to greatness. The U.S. is a great and powerful country in spite of the economic downturn. We need a leader (we have one) with the courage to do what's best for the nation. That's what we have. He may be a bit short of miracles, but he is a "doer"and stands up for what's best regardless of the backlash. Since he came into office, I have been proud to be a U.S. Citizen.

In the past administration, it was embarrassing traveling internationally because no one respected the U.S. It's now a pleasure.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:01 pm

5/23/2011

A fact we are hated in the middle east, we should
bring our troops home, make Iraq pay us back for
our help. My attitude about Iraq or any country in
the world you choose your leaders, if they turn out
to be bastards, then it's up to you to get rid of them
not us, we're not the world police, we can't afford this
anymore, the country is broke, we can't even help our
own people less other countries...Libya is a big mistake.

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptySun May 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Good comment Joe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptySun May 22, 2011 5:27 pm

I repeat: money talks. The complex global world revolves around those with resources (including money) and those without. Benefits are gained by those who have the resources, including financial, to bargain. This is still a wealthy country.

How do we know who likes us and who does not? Like is a word loaded with subjective data. Is it important to be liked or to be respected? Who really likes someone who is perpetually wealthier while they are perpetually in a struggle to subsist? Why do wealthy people in undeveloped countries have 12 ft. fences with glass in the mortar and barbed wire around the top with guard dogs?

This country has the resources to take care of its own as well as help others. Those resources have been mismanaged. Greed, wars and excess have led us to our present economic slump; generosity and conservation where appropriate could lead us out. Job creation from public works and the support of small businesses will also help. You don't stimulate an economy by shrinking government - economics 101.

I agree that wars should end. I agree that foreign aid needs strings that include participation and buy in by the population of the country ; however, I don't believe in the total elimination of foreign aid.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptySun May 22, 2011 7:23 pm

5/23/2011

Sorry DK , many countries are using this country and we keep
giving billions of dollars....I say only if it's a natural disaster do
we help , we have to stop being the joke of the world, everyone
knows we give money for political reasons, me I don't give a dam
what other countries think of us, if we were in a natural disaster
and I mean major not one country would come to our aide, so
Washington better wise up and stop telling other countries what
to do and start helping the people in this country and fast, or
they'll pay dearly in 2012........

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptySun May 22, 2011 9:06 pm

We have been buying influence for many years and that is shallow.
I think being respected, as DK mentioned, is more important than being liked.

Influence buying is not limited to foreign aid, it is also a political tool. "Money talks" is not just a cliche, it is reality.

As for who is best for President, we never know that until the person is on the job. I believe that Obama has done a good job considering the circumstances. He needs more time. In trying to solve the economic crisis, give Americans good healthcare and support human rights abroad, his toughest battle is within government. Getting things done requires bi-partison support and he's not getting the support he needs. Will a new face in the whitehouse make it better? I doubt it.
We know what party screwed things up. Will that be remembered or ignored?
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptySun May 22, 2011 10:11 pm

5/23/2011

We shall see what happens in the future...
It seems the politicians and I mean all the
politicians screw things up, it's a shell game
they play and they forget who pays them and
who put them there, they don't realize with one
hand the push of a lever their careers can be over
in a split second, they better wise up the public is
getting angry by the minute...........

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:01 am

Joe,

I am not angry--just saddened and surprised by politicians and people. Wars must end, giving away money we don't have must end.

Times have changed. USA must change also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:47 am

5/23/2011

Alice..

All they do is print, print and print more money. I do
believe we should go back to the gold standard before
our money is worth ten cents...." Brother Can You Spare
A Dime, " I'm afraid we're headed that way...

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Unfortunately, it's the Republican Party that took us to this debt cycle. Now, they are big on talk. Anyone can cut budgets - it takes a hero to find NEW ways to finance the business of this country - which is getting to work.

It's beyond my comprehension how anyone can think about bringing back the party that took us into this situation.

I heard a good description of this country. It is an oligarchy, a country run by the banks and those with the wealth. Period. They can easily cut your and my Social Security, Medicare, scholarship funds, education, programs for those with special needs, etc. THEY HAVE NO INVESTED INTEREST - THEY WILL NOT SUFFER!

They can pander to those who think that budget cutting is a solution. Well, I can't cut my budget any more and have a quality life. Our Republican Party obligated our government - and now the debts have to be paid. They will be paid best by our citizens gaining employment, by the wealthy taking on a greater tax burden (they have benefited from the sweat and minimum wages of those currently unemployed, unable to contribute), and by a careful analysis of all government spending (by-partisan and engaging those with economic genius) to determine what can be cut (like cutting all subsidies and re-establishing those that make sense today).

No, instead, people want to pile blame on the Obama Administration for what he inherited! It's like blaming a divorced spouse for the debts of their spouse - though innocent, they are still stuck with paying them in an equity or community property state.

A thinking person knows that the Obama administration is delivering on the promises for which it was elected. In a world economy in slump, there is only so much that can be done. Changing leadership in light of the challenges makes no sense at all, especially if it puts a Republican president and a Republican led Congress in place. They are the ones who led us down this path. A leopard does not change its spots.

I have many wealthy friends who are clinging to their assets, their stocks, their investments and don't want any more taxes, don't want universal health care because they already have excellent insurance and the money to cover any hardship. They are also collecting their Social Security and using their Medicare. They talk to me about their difficulties with gas mileage on their Cadillac Escapades... and cry about the national debt. They'll support anything that puts more Republicans in office - because their golden eggs will continue to shine while they play on E-Trade for retirement entertainment.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:56 pm

5/24/2011

DK..

You keep blaming the Republicans, how's about
the Democrats, their no angels, trust me, Pelosi
and Reid need to go, two gangsters.......Maybe we
should go back to having England Rule...We would
have a better chance, our govt. doesn't work. Period..

Cheers..Joe

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 8:52 pm

Joe, I don't mean to get in a debate with you. I think you have an excellent feel for what might be changed to make our government work better.

I don't hold any one individual or two responsible for the world recession; it is a complex combination of events from war, to greed, to power and excess. England is no better than we are; many countries are much worse.

I believe we have devoted people in Congress and in the administration who have the U.S. best interests at heart. They are just so isolated by their own wealth and power that it's difficult for them to truly represent the people, to understand their responsibility to all citizens, not just those who pay for their campaigns to be re-elected.

It's really my fault and that of all U.S. Citizens that we elect people who continue the systems that benefit the oligarchy and not the common man. We need to have commitments from our representatives to change the system; eliminate the high cost of campaigns - set a limit - so real people not the independently wealthy can run for office. We can change things.

I have a frugal life that includes cutting coupons and saving in every aspect of my life that I can to stretch a limited income. However, I am fortunate that my State of Florida provided pension funds for their teachers and that my national government had the foresight to set up social security and medicare. If either government action had not happened, I would be cleaning houses to survive in spite of my asthma, living in a room at someone else's home.

I am grateful for the community center that is part of my local government for an affordable place to exercise, swim and go to the library. I am grateful to the counties for setting aside the beautiful barefoot beach for public access, much to the chagrin of the owners of the $million estates on the beach who tried to block the park. I am grateful for all the national parks that give ordinary people the chance to enjoy the nature that's left.

I am grateful for many things in my country; it is not the form of government but rather the way it has become a government of bankers, lawyers and tycoons because of the cost of campaigns and the lobbyists.

I am grateful for all that I have in spite of what I have lost. I am surviving, which is more than I can say for many people who are over 50 and not finding work in today's job market with 4 eligible, young workers for each job opening.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:21 pm

5/24/2011

DK..

You sound like me, I just can't believe how prices are
skyrocketing everyday, or as I was told in the supermarket
the other day when I bitched about prices : " This is just the
beginning !" I was furious by that answer. I bought at that
store four tomatoes $2.99 , last week it was $2.49 a .50
cents jump. This morning I was in Sunflower market which is
like Trader Joe's and right there a package of four tomatoes
.99 cents on sale ! I bought four packages " Beefsteak
Tomatoes." It cost me $3.96 if I had bought the four packages
in the supermarket it would cost me $12.00 so I saved $9.00
I get so tired of running from place to place to save a buck but
these days you have to.. Sometimes I get so depressed to see
that politicians don't care and how it has changed in 50 years
since I was a 12 yr old kid in 1960, oh how I wish for the good
old days..........

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 10:14 pm

Diane,
If I were in politics, I'd want you as my speech writer.
Keep posting your thoughtful insights.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:44 am

You are so kind; but my long term friends shut me up. They have these mantras about their point of view and get angry if presented with data that corrects their beliefs. These are long term friends. If people I have known all my life can be so set in protecting themselves and the rest of the world be damned, how will things change?

I have believed differently (or I wouldn't have these friends!), but as the world unfolds I see things from a new perspective.

Just yesterday, FOX news admitted that their role is not to provide news but to support the Republican party and conservative movement. Their CEO is one of the most powerful men in the nation, the "go to" person if one wants to be connected to the Republican party. At least it's very clear that every word spoken on FOX is slanted commentary, not news.

When the media is owned by the oligarchy, how can the people get good information? That's scarey. It reminds me of the television evangelists that talked shut-ins into taking their life savings and sending them to the church while they starved at home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012   HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

HERMAN CAIN FOR PRESIDENT 2012
Page 1 of 1