Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

More of the Redstone Saga

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

More of the Redstone Saga Empty
PostSubject: More of the Redstone Saga   More of the Redstone Saga EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 8:02 pm

I've posted a couple more bits in the WIP section. You may remember I've been working on a series of short stories about the various Redstone characters, things that will not be going into the books themselves, but that I might give away as free ebooks while I finish writing the novels, hopefully to stir up interest. I've posted a draft of the first one. It's called "Incident at Bandera Creek." It's a little different, I think, from my usual style. The only two characters are male, and it focuses on a battle scene. I'm a little uncomfortable writing the action scenes, and would appreciate any comments. Right now, it's about 2000 words. I would like to expand it to about 3000. Any ideas would be helpful.

The other, called "Vision Quest," is intended to be the bulk of Chapter 5 of Redstone's Valley." The information seems necessary for the book to make sense, but I'm not sure if the prolonged back story works as well as I would like. Maybe it could work as another of the short stories. Then, I could try to come up with a shortened version for the book itself. Or maybe the back story is OK? Again, any suggestions.

BTW, the "Incident..." is almost all fact. Daniel and Jake are both fictional characters, of course, but the rest of the story is true. The name of the Comanche chief who died there has been lost to history, so I have mad him Daniel's father, but the bit about his death is accurate.

And, if you should read the link that I posted in the Total Enchantment thread, you can tell that Daniel's quest fits in with the known legends about the rock. I'm trying to keep the history as accurate as I can, while telling a story that people will want to read.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com

More of the Redstone Saga
Page 1 of 1