Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

E-READER vs PULP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

E-READER vs PULP Empty
PostSubject: E-READER vs PULP   E-READER vs PULP EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:08 am

Most on this forum know my goal is to be published by a NY SP. My reason for this ? I want to know if I can pass the rigid standards set by the pulp industry. I want to know if I am, an okay writer, good, or can I stand to the mark.
I have been watching very closely the interest, and advancement of ebook readers.
I started writing in 1996. Most of my time has been spent learning how to write, and how the Industry works.
I feel at some future date…which may be near, the ebook will dominate the market. I do not believe pulp books, or whatever material future publishers will use, will ever go out of style.
There are many good ebooks already on the market, and fifty times more very bad ones.
I believe the publishing industry will someday sort out, in some way, the good from the bad for the reading public. When this takes place, and standards become rigid…the ebook just may dominate the market.
Here is a very interesting piece. How true it is, I do not know.

http://jakonrath.blogspot.com/2011/03/ebooks-and-self-publishing-dialog.html

Domenic
Back to top Go down

E-READER vs PULP
Page 1 of 1