Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Synchronicity

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Synchronicity Empty
PostSubject: Synchronicity   Synchronicity EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 6:24 pm

http://www.flowpower.com/What%20is%20Synchronicity.htm

Quote :
The uncanny coincidence. The unlikely conjunction of events. The
startling serendipity. Who hasn’t had it happen in their life? You think
of someone for the first time in years, and run into them a few hours
later. An unusual phrase you’d never heard before jumps out at you three
times in the same day. On a back street in a foreign country, you bump
into a college roommate. A book falls off the shelf at the bookstore and
it’s exactly what you need.

Alice can vouch for this one - a part of it, at least. Late this morning, we ewre sharing emails, and I mentioned to her, in closing, that I needed to get back to writing.

"Daniel is about to take Maria into the underground city beneath the Rock. I guess I'll have to focus on work for a while."

It wasn't as simple as it might sound. Many years ago, I had a dream, about swimming in an underground river, and seeing a light ahead, and eventually surfacing in a pool inside a cave with red stone walls.

Several years after that, I had been reading a series of western romances called the White Indian series, and was inspired to write a few similar stories - the main point being this clash of cultures that one individual has to face and sort out. I called my hero Two Horses, because, as a boy, while living with an indigenous tribe, he had been learning to jump from one mount to another, and ended up with one foot on the back of each horse, and had to figure out what to do next, and the tribe named him He-woh-rides-two-horses.

Anyway, in one of my stories, Two horses fell into a deep pool, and suddenly, the story took over and my old dream got written into the story, and Two Horses found an underground city/cave with magical healing powers. That was the beginning of Redstone, the hero who was the guardian of the secret cave.

Back to this morning. As I hit send for Alice's email, two new messages popped up in my mailbox - group mail, forwarded from an unknown source - the kind I normally send to the junk folder without a glance. this time, though, a few phrases caught my eye, and I looked more closely. My friend, whom I had not told about the new series I had written, had sent me two powerpoint presentations about ancient, hidden, underground cities and caves with underground streams, pools, and grottoes. One fabulous photo after another, giving me the first clear images of that place I dreamed about so long ago, and had been trying to incorporate into these stories. the photos are giving me everything I need fro setting the scene and describing the sights. OK, one of these places was in Turkey and another in Spain, but they are real places, and not even part of a different dimension, as mine are. And, if you don't believe what I wrote to Alice, I later told Betty about it, so I have two sources to back me up.

That is synchronicity. I believe it means that I am supposed to write this story.
Quote :
Some scientists see a theoretical grounding for synchronicity in
quantum physics, fractal geometry, and chaos theory. They are finding that
the isolation and separation of objects from each other is more apparent
than real; at deeper levels, everything -- atoms, cells, molecules,
plants, animals, people -- participates in a sensitive, flowing web of
information
. Physicists have shown, for example, that if two photons are
separated, no matter by how far, a change in one creates a simultaneous
change in the other.

You see? We are all connected, all parts of one whole.
Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Synchronicity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synchronicity   Synchronicity EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 9:06 pm

I will verify what Ann said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Synchronicity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synchronicity   Synchronicity EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 10:09 pm

Ann,
I read your post with interest. Your universal connection is interesting. I've had special insights in the past, i.e., seeing a place for the first time, yet with the feeling that I had been there before.
Go with the feeling and these special insights.
Can't wait to read the book.
Abe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Synchronicity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Synchronicity   Synchronicity Empty

Back to top Go down

Synchronicity
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: