Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

What Are Microsoft's Prospects?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

What Are Microsoft's Prospects? Empty
PostSubject: What Are Microsoft's Prospects?   What Are Microsoft's Prospects? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Is this company over the hill now? Seems like everytime I read about it in the WSJ, it's about how it's getting beaten in all these new areas (like apps) by Google, Apple and various others. Has Microsoft lost its competitive edge? I wonder because I hold stock in it, which has gone nowhere but down, and I'm wondering if I should ditch it. Although all the other "big reliables" I also hold stock in, like GE, aren't doing so well, either. My best recent investments are Apple and Google.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What Are Microsoft's Prospects?   What Are Microsoft's Prospects? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 4:45 pm

Microsoft stock is undpredictable.

When you think you will make a killing you are killed. I would not dare to hazzard a guess.

Sorry!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: What Are Microsoft's Prospects?   What Are Microsoft's Prospects? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:49 am

You could try technical analysis? Smile

What Are Microsoft's Prospects? Trendlines-5msft
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: What Are Microsoft's Prospects?   What Are Microsoft's Prospects? EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 6:54 am

lol, that was pretty, well, graphic, wasn't it Abdul? Smile

I read that Ballmer just sold off over a billion dollars worth of his MSFT stock. I know that company execs always sell stock to pay their own bills, but that's hardly a ringing endorsement.

I think I'm going to ditch my shares today. They don't seem to be going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: What Are Microsoft's Prospects?   What Are Microsoft's Prospects? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:52 am

"..as an investment microsoft is a sure bet as most people don't want to change from what they know now..." mentioned the goblin knowing that, although linux offered anonymity, a no malware operating system, and all at the cost of nothing too, most people actually preferred to either pay through the nose for apple products, or run the malware gauntlet with windows stuff, "...think of it, each time you go onto the internet with windows, it sends a message to central control for updates reporting your license number, it then installs updates to your computer that no one has any idea what they do, where the long and the short of it is that the old system always seems to become corrupted and slow just before they bring out their new system..." repeated the goblin, adding "...ask yourself too, why buy a product that comes with a three month subscription to an antivirus then, doesn't that sound odd to you...", so the goblin thought investing in microsoft stocks was a wise bet because they know how to ring the last penny out of their clients

What Are Microsoft's Prospects? Shaunsheepay3
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: What Are Microsoft's Prospects?   What Are Microsoft's Prospects? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:32 pm

Goblin ...that was funny. Smile

I sold my MSFT. There's nothing coming out of there anymore. It's apparent that Bill was the one that kept it moving, and with him now spending all his time trying to fix third world countries, I think my Google stock is a better bet.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: What Are Microsoft's Prospects?   What Are Microsoft's Prospects? EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:50 pm

LC,

You are so right.
The Microsoft bubble burst a bit ago and has stayed down.
No one thought that would happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are Microsoft's Prospects?   What Are Microsoft's Prospects? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Are Microsoft's Prospects?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: