Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Hi. I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bobby Nash

Bobby Nash

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-01-20

Hi.  I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author Empty
PostSubject: Hi. I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author   Hi.  I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 11:42 am

Hi. I'm Bobby Nash. I write novels, comic books (or graphic novels, if you prefer), and pretty much anything I can. You can check out my work at any of the links below in my signature. I hope you'll check out my work.

Bobby

PROSE BY BOBBY NASH

EVIL WAYS
A novel of fear and suspense by Bobby Nash

A string of brutal murders.

A small-town sheriff in way over his head.

An FBI agent on the mend, seeking nothing more than to reconnect with his brother.

A reporter on the trail of a killer, something he thought he’d left behind when he left Atlanta, Georgia for the small town of Sommersville, Georgia.

A town preparing for an annual celebration.

Old friends coming together to celebrate their high school reunion.

What do these events have in common?

Woven together, they create the tapestry of the novel, EVIL WAYS (released August 2005; $21.95 U.S.), a taught, suspense thriller from debut author Bobby Nash. This debut novel introduces readers to FBI agent Harold Palmer, a rising star within the Bureau who splits his time between the Violent Crimes Task Force and the Anti-Terrorism Task Force.

In EVIL WAYS, a close call on the job sends FBI agent Harold Palmer on a non-voluntary vacation. At his wife’s insistence, Harold travels from Washington DC to Sommersville, Georgia where his brother, former Atlanta Journal Constitution investigative journalist Franklin Palmer, owns and operates the local newspaper. After a really intense story, Franklin called it quits and moved on to quieter surroundings, hoping to have put corruption and murder behind him.

Unfortunately, that kind of evil is not consigned only to major cities, as Franklin Palmer soon learns when another body is found inside Fort Greene State Park. He sees the timely arrival of his federal agent brother as his means to solve the case.

Also looking to recruit the help of the FBI agent is Sommersville Sheriff Tom Myers, who openly admits that he is out of his depth on the case. Multiple homicides are not something with which he has had much experience.

Reluctantly, Harold agrees to work with the two men to solve the case.

While the investigation proceeds, many visitors come home to Sommerville for the annual Autumn Festival as well as Sommersville High’s ten-year reunion. The town is abuzz with excitement.

Until the next victim is found.

Together with Sheriff Myers, the Palmer Brothers find themselves on the trail of a killer who preys on the fears of his victims. His targets are the unsuspecting members of the reunited class of ’95.

They should fear his EVIL WAYS.

EVIL WAYS marks the novel debut of writer Bobby Nash.

Click here or ask your local bookseller for ordering information.

And don't forget to check out the Evil Ways store for even more goodies.

A sequel to Evil Ways, called Evil Intent is in the works.

FANTASTIX: CODE RED
A novel of power and corruption by Bobby Nash

Where were you when it happened?

Dominus, the world’s greatest super hero has been murdered. His body left on a battle damaged New York City street for all to see, the media descends on the crime scene like locusts, transmitting the grisly images across the globe. Within a matter of hours the entire world bears witness to the gruesome murder.

It is a message for all those who dare oppose Haven. Oppose us and die.

Message received.

FANTASTIX: CODE RED is the story of Rob Temple, former super hero turned drifter. Does he still have what it takes to be a hero?

FANTASTIX: CODE RED is the story of Mouse, a meta human speedster on the cusp of addiction. Can he beat the addiction that all other meta humans cannot?

FANTASTIX: CODE RED is the story of Lore, Frisk, Kracklin; freedom fighters determined to save as many of their brothers and sisters from Haven with the aid of their mysterious Benefactor, a man with a connection to Project Code Red. Can they succeed against such overwhelming odds?

FANTASTIX: CODE RED is the story of Nelson Coble and Raymond Raibley, two CIA agents caught up in Code Red during the 1960’s. How do they fit into Haven’s current plans?

FANTASTIX: CODE RED is a story about heroes and their destiny.

As FANTASTIX: CODE RED builds to its startling climax, all of these questions will be answered as the fate of the future hangs in the balance. Who will be left standing when the dust clears?

What will happen next?

Project Code Red is launched with the goal of creating super spies designed to protect the United States and her citizens. It fails. Instead of perfect agents, Project Code Red inadvertently unleashes a chain reaction that leads to the formation of a race of super humans. A race addicted to the designer drug originally given to their parents and grandparents.

Fantastix.

Haven, a vast criminal organization bent on world domination is born.

The world’s greatest super hero is dead. As the world mourns the loss of Dominus, NYPD Homicide Detective Robert Bettina draws the assignment. He’s ordered to solve the case quickly.

On the run, former super hero and Fantastix addict, Rob Temple stumbles onto a Haven plot that catapults him into a cat and mouse game where the stakes are life and death, not just his, but for the others like him.

Haven has declared that all meta-humans must die.

Unfortunately, FANTASTIX: CODE RED is currently out of print. However, the comic story that inspired the novel is in the works with gorgeous artwork by Italian artist Daniele Serra. I hope to see this book available soon.

LANCE STAR: SKY RANGER
A high flying pulp adventure anthology.

The LANCE STAR: SKY RANGER anthology is a collection of stories features pulse-pounding prose by Frank Dirscherl, Bobby Nash, Win Scott Eckert, and Bill Spangler, with artwork by Rich Woodall, and produced by pulp fiction wordsmith, Ron Fortier. Stories include: "Attack Of The Bird Man", "Where The Sea Meets The Sky", "Shadows Over Kunlun", and "Talons Of The Red Condors"... plus the special feature article "Pulp Aviation Heroes and the Rise of the Model Aviation Press" by Larry Marshall.

You can also find information on the Lance Star: Sky Ranger pulp anthology here.

And don't forget to check out exclusive Lance Star merchandise at the Lance Star: Sky Ranger store.

UPDATE.
Sadly, the <b>Lance Star: Sky Ranger</b> pulp anthology from Wild Cat Books is currently out of print. However, this is not the end for Lance Star and his Sky Rangers. A full-length novel by Bobby Nash is currently in process, tentatively titled 1941: The Road To Warand there are a few surprises coming in 2008 and beyond, including a new printing of the anthology. Stay tuned for future Lance Star: Sky Ranger updates.

STARTLING STORIES
The sci fi pulp magazine returns.

STARTLING STORIES issue 3... features the newest Captain Danger & The Space Rangers tale, "Pandora Spoxx" by Ralph E. Horner. It also contains "Samaritan" by Bobby Nash and "The Three-Year-Old Savior of Humanity" by K.G. McAbee... and this issue also has a Gallery of some original Startling Stories Pulp Covers, which usually featured some very fine paintings that aren't often seen these days. Ron Wilber again provides the interior artwork. All in all, a very fine issue that belongs on every Science Fiction fan's bookshelf.

64 pages, 8.5" x 11", Saddle-Stitched Binding, $10
Also available as a PDF Download for $4.20

You can order Startling Stories #3 here.

ABOUT SAMARITAN:
Deep space.

The exploratory science ship Aquarius, under the command of Captain Jeremiah Rains has finally reached the end of its exploratory mission to the depths of uncharted space and is returning home to Earth.

Captain Rains and his skeleton military crew have grown complacent, bored from the lack of adventure they expected to find out in the great beyond. The scientists, however, are extremely happy with their many discoveries.

When the ship comes upon a bone yard of hundreds of destroyed space vessels, the crew is surprised to find one survivor floating among the wreckage; a woman, quite possibly the most beautiful woman any of them have ever seen. Her name is Lari and all she wants is someone - some Good Samaritan - to take her home.

The catch? Her planet is located at the center of a black hole.

You can order Startling Stories #3 here

THE SENTINELS: WIDESCREEN SPECIAL EDITION

Bobby has a short story featuring Blitzkrieg in THE SENTINELS: WIDESCREEN SPECIAL EDITION
by Van Allen Plexico (and a host of others) from www.whiterocketbooks.com is now available. Click the link for ordering information.

COMING SOON:

DOMINO LADY

The sexiest pulp adventure anthology of them all is coming April 2008.

A mystery hero like no other. With the most dangerous weapon of all...

Los Angeles, the 1930's. The city of angels. Attracting beautiful people from all over the world with its glitz and glamour. But just beneath the surface is a city stinking of corruption with criminal bosses and politicians squeezing the life out of the city.

Stunned and enraged by the murder of her crusading politician father, beautiful socialite Ellen Patrick becomes determined to bring her father¹s killers to justice...at any cost. A talented Berkley graduate, she knows that to truly fight the men who killed her father she must break all the rules. Donning a distinctive white dress and a black domino mask, she becomes The Domino Lady, one of the sexiest -- and most elusive -- crime fighters of all time.

The greatest adventurers and detectives of all time join her: The Phantom, Sherlock Holmes, The Black Bat and Airboy. Nine all-new tales of one of the world's first female masked crime fighter, by Nancy Holder, Chuck Dixon, CJ Henderson, Martin Powell, Ron Fortier, James Chambers, Bobby Nash, Gail McCabe, Lisa Bandemer. Introduction: Mystery Writers of America Raven Award winner Joan Hansen!

Limited edition hardcover available. Exclusive to this edition extras: a sexy romp original Domino Lady story by Lisa Bandemer, a new Domino Lady radio script drama, a hot pin-up section and a photo of the Domino Lady!

256 pages, $16.95 (Hardcover, $48.95).

Check out Moonstone's Domino Lady page here.

COMICS BY BOBBY NASH

LIFE IN THE FASTER LANE

The long-running family friendly comics strip, Life In The Faster Lane site is updated fairly regularly with comic strips, commentary, and behind the scenes stories. Life In The Faster Lane originally ran in the family magazine, Keeping Up With Kids from 1995 - 2005.

And don't forget to check out the Life In The Faster Lane store for even more goodies.

FUZZY BUNNIES FROM HELL

He's cute. He's cuddly.
And he will kick your @$$!!!

The first time he was unleashed he almost destroyed the world. But when his conjurer betrayed him, he was stopped and returned to the pits of Hell. But Hell doesn’t want him and has sent him back once again!
Hell hath no fury like a demon rabbit scorned.

FUZZY BUNNIES FROM HELL
Written by: Bobby Nash
Art (pencils/inks) by: Stephen Toth and Allan Otero
Lettering by: Simon Bowland
Coloring by: Robert Snyder & Jean-Francois Beaulieu
Created/edited by: Jason Shane Powell
Special covers by Todd Nauck and Ethan Van Sciver.

You can check out some of the fuzzy bunny action here.

BUBBA THE REDNECK WEREWOLF

Bobby wrote several back up stories for Brass Ball Comics' Bubba The Redneck Werewolf title. Only one has been used to date. You can find it in issue 5.

All of Bobby's Bubba The Redneck Werewolf scripts can be found in The Comic Book Scripts of Bobby Nash Vol. 1

PACESETTER MAGAZINE
Bobby writes the Focus On: column for the quarterly Pacesetter Magazine.

THE COMIC BOOK SCRIPTS OF BOBBY NASH VOL. 1

Collected together for the first time are the complete scripts to the outrageous comedy/horror series, Fuzzy Bunnies From Hell and Bubba The Redneck Werewolf from writer Bobby Nash.

Each script in this volume is the draft that was turned in to the publisher. Also included are never before published scripts for these two series as well as some behind the scene facts. Whether you are a fan of these characters and stories or simply interested in writing for comic books and graphic novels, The Comic Book Scripts of Bobby Nash Vol. 1 is for you.

204 pages.
8.5" x 11" paperback: $14.00
E-Book: $5.00

Check out the cover and sample pages at BEN Books.

DEMONSLAYER, JUNGLE FANTASY, and THRESHOLD

Bobby wrote for the titles Demonslayer (2001 – 2005), Threshold (issues 45 – 50), and Jungle Fantasy (issue 1) for Avatar Press.

PLANETARY STORIES ISSUE 9

What lurks in... The Garden?
The Garden, a 10 page sci fi graphic novel/comic written by Bobby Nash with art by Jeff Austin and Rusty Gilligan is featured in Planetary Stories issue #9, a free on-line pulp sci fi magazine. A PDF version of this issue available at www.planetarystories.com/PlanetaryStories9.pdf.

COMING SOON:

YIN YANG

Yin Yang is a original action/adventure graphic novel coming March 2008 from ARCANA COMICS and FYI COMICS.

If you run... they will find you!

"You have POWERS... Powers that could have made you the HERO of all mankind. But GREED and JEALOUSY corrupted those powers and you chose to use them for EVIL instead of GOOD. And those same powers let you live ABOVE the law because you thought you were BETTER than normal men and women. No longer."

If you RUN... WE WILL CATCH YOU!
If you HIDE... WE WILL FIND YOU!
META HUMAN bounty hunting is our business and business is about to pick up!

YIN YANG
Bounty hunting never looked so good.

Written by Bobby Nash
Art by Luis Ruben Rivera Nunez
Coloring by EsComic!
Lettering by Jaymes Reed
Cover by Francheco
Created and edited by Jason Shane Powell

For more information on Bobby Nash, including past, present, and future projects, please visit him on the web at bobbynash.com and MySpace.com/bobbynash.

Bobby lives in Bethlehem, Georgia.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bobbynash.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author   Hi.  I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 2:03 pm

Hi Bobby,

Welcome to the forum! That's quite a list!

~Shelagh
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Bobby Nash

Bobby Nash

PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author   Hi.  I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 2:28 pm

Thanks for inviting me, Shelagh.

Hopefully the list will continue to grow. Smile

Bobby
Back to top Go down
George Maciver
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 376

PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author   Hi.  I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 3:08 pm

Nice entrance Bobby, great to meet you. Impressive list of work you have there!
Back to top Go down
Bobby Nash

Bobby Nash

PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author   Hi.  I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author EmptySun Jan 20, 2008 3:30 pm

Thanks, George. A pleasure to meet you as well.

Bobby
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author   Hi.  I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 8:54 am

Welcome, Bobby. Impressive list, indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Bobby Nash

Bobby Nash

PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author   Hi.  I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author EmptyMon Jan 28, 2008 8:58 am

Thanks, Zada.

Bobby
Back to top Go down
flashgordon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 241

PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author   Hi.  I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 9:05 am

Wow Bobby, what a great body of work. Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://newgreatbooks.blogspot.com
Bobby Nash

Bobby Nash

PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author   Hi.  I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 10:42 am

Thanks, Flash. Glad to be here. Smile

Bobby
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi. I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author   Hi.  I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi. I'm Bobby... and I'm a Published Author
Page 1 of 1