Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video)

Go down 
+2
Abe F. March
dtpollard
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video) Empty
PostSubject: The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video)   The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video) EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 7:01 pm

Keep reading my friends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-0R4HRIGxE
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video)   The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video) EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:44 pm

Dt,
you're the most creative promoter I've seen on this forum. Has it created sales?
Back to top Go down
fleamailman
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
fleamailman

Number of posts : 957
Registration date : 2010-04-30

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video)   The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video) EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:48 am

"...I think it was a very good stream..." said the goblin now, adding "...and I look forward to seeing other writers here do their own streams too now...", in fact, anything which got writers to embrace the internet got a "thumbs up" from the goblin, concluding "...the caption is provoking, the persona is good, and the books are shown, bravo then..."

The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video) Kermit20
Back to top Go down
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video)   The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video) EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 6:00 am

Abe, it has created some sales but I couldn't tell you what percentage. Really it is just a way to have a 24x7 sales agent out there and if a video catches someone's eye and causes them to go to my website or make a purchase, it's great. Making these only costs me a little time.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video)   The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video) EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 6:18 am

7/31/2010

DT..

That was very good ! It should bring you
sales and plenty more, good luck..

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Al Stevens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Al Stevens

Number of posts : 1727
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video)   The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video) EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 6:34 am

DT, that's a really good idea.

The narrative audio is distorted. I suggest you re-record it and (1) don't get so close to the microphone, and (2) use a pop screen to absorbe the pops you hear with the plosive sounds, 'P' and 'B'.

You can buy a pop screen at audio stores, or you can make one from a length of coathangar and a piece cut from a pair of pantyhose.

The following article includes a discussion of pop screens.

http://alstevens.blogspot.com/2006/05/recording-audio-demo-clips.html
Back to top Go down
http://alstevens.blogspot.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video)   The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video) EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 8:00 am

Cool idea. Reminds me of the tv ad for vodka - the most interesting man in the world.

I agree with Al about stepping it up a notch - basically very sharp idea. Wish I were as clever at the trailers. My one was done "professionally" and has much that needs improving, but I still have it at my web site anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video)   The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Most Interesting Writer In The World (Video)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: