Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

WHAT A RELIEF IT IS...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

WHAT A RELIEF IT IS... Empty
PostSubject: WHAT A RELIEF IT IS...   WHAT A RELIEF IT IS... EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:05 pm

Not to see oil gushing from the well!

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: WHAT A RELIEF IT IS...   WHAT A RELIEF IT IS... EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 3:52 pm

BP's stock went up. Any chance the long time it took included manipulation for the benefit of those buying low and getting ready to sell higher? Just the cynic in me.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: WHAT A RELIEF IT IS...   WHAT A RELIEF IT IS... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 4:40 am

Are you a conspiracy theorist?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: WHAT A RELIEF IT IS...   WHAT A RELIEF IT IS... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 5:55 am

Don't set your hopes too high. I think it is still a temporary fix. The pressure could force another blow out.

Having said that, it is great that there is some progress. The damage already done will take years to heal. Listening to some broadcasts, the oil spill is Obama's fault and he hasn't done enough. I guess if he were to go to the oil rig and dive down himself they would expect him to personally fix it.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: WHAT A RELIEF IT IS...   WHAT A RELIEF IT IS... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 6:22 am

I used to take over grants that were failing, analyze the problems and turn them around. It was exhausting and took more than the regular job hours. Often, I worked against a tide from those who had failed. Sometimes, it was impossible.

President Obama took on a job that was impossible with more challenges at one time than ever faced by an incoming president then whacked with additional issues as well. He came in as a black person attempting to ignore a very racial undercurrent just watching for failure.

Thanks to my president, some changes have been made to improve the medical system in this country. They may not be the best, but any move forward had to help. Changes have been made to the financial regulations. Help has been provided to homeowners that are making it possible to stay in their homes (new ideas that haven't been tried before and are destined to have pitfalls). Some roads and bridges are being improved with stimulus money that did provide some local jobs. Youth have jobs in the summer that help maintain some learning and earning in their lives to keep them off the streets. (programs cancelled under the previous administration) I can't comment on the costs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan - I don't understand those situations at all and just have no knowledge base to comment. It seems the world view of this country is less hateful in general with the exception of the extremist sects who are hell bent on terror and mayhem.

The right wing extremists don't want government intervention until they see an opening to fire at President Obama in an emotional time. Then they want lots of government intervention. Where was the intervention when the leases were handed out?

If President Obama has not been in a wet suit turning off the BP spill, I am grateful. He has a list of already impossible tasks on which he is moving forward, a bit at a time, against great odds. He put a responsible person in charge to represent the government. We know little of what has gone on behind the scenes. I think the reserve fund to pay forward was exceptional. That did not occur with Valdez.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: WHAT A RELIEF IT IS...   WHAT A RELIEF IT IS... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:05 am

DK,

Right on!
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

PostSubject: Re: WHAT A RELIEF IT IS...   WHAT A RELIEF IT IS... EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 7:07 am

Abe F. March wrote:
Don't set your hopes too high. I think it is still a temporary fix. The pressure could force another blow out.

Having said that, it is great that there is some progress. The damage already done will take years to heal. Listening to some broadcasts, the oil spill is Obama's fault and he hasn't done enough. I guess if he were to go to the oil rig and dive down himself they would expect him to personally fix it.

They probably want to continue griping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WHAT A RELIEF IT IS...   WHAT A RELIEF IT IS... Empty

Back to top Go down

WHAT A RELIEF IT IS...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: