Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Science and art are intertwined

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1102
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Science and art are intertwined Empty
PostSubject: Science and art are intertwined   Science and art are intertwined EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:50 am

Ann's posting triggered this for me.

Each year the summer night sky in the northern hemisphere is dominated by three brilliant stars: Vega, Deneb and Altair, forming what's known as "The Summer Triangle".

Now this patch of the night sky can be studied and analysed to *infinite* depths by the analytically minded person who leans toward scientific obsessions. Equally, the artistic person can find him/herself immersed in painting, writing about, drawing or poeticising about the sheer beauty of the small and large wonders contained within The Summer Triangle:

http://www.areavoices.com/astrobob/images/thumbnail/Great_Rift_SMALL.jpg

Science and art are intertwined Great_Rift_SMALL

Both these scientific and artistic pursuits are equally as good as one another and will be equally pleasurable depending on one's own preference.

So there I see a very small difference between art and science...

Last edited by A Ahad on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Science and art are intertwined   Science and art are intertwined EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 7:44 am

Except in the brain of the artist or the scientist.
They must be quite different.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Science and art are intertwined   Science and art are intertwined EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:37 pm

Ahad,
good Post.
How we view our world varies. I guess that is "through the eyes of the beholder." You see things that I not only miss, but wouldn't know where to look without some point of reference. It often boils down to one's level of interest. Your brilliance shows.
Back to top Go down
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Science and art are intertwined   Science and art are intertwined EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 6:26 am

I think artists are more creative than scientists though!?

I do bet there are scientists who have produced magnificent works of art through the ages... I do not believe that artists and scientists are two mutually exclusive types of people.

The world's top 10 most colourful fishes:

http://chinapartime.com/?p=660

Science and art are intertwined 1.mandarinfish-600x492

Here I'd simply prefer to appreciate the superficial colour and beautiful appearances of these creatures and observe their swimming tactics, rather than delve too deep into their internal organs/DNA and scheme up new ways to give them an extra couple of legs ... or maybe a third eye (what a 21st century scientist may well think about doing! Science and art are intertwined Icon_lol )
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Science and art are intertwined   Science and art are intertwined EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:13 am

Abdul wrote:

I do bet there are scientists who have produced magnificent works of art
through the ages

Leonardo da Vinci comes to mind.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Science and art are intertwined   Science and art are intertwined EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:43 pm

Leonardo Da Vinci was a very great man.

Didn't he also invent the Da Vinci Code? I'm totally clueless here...
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Science and art are intertwined   Science and art are intertwined EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:10 pm

No that was Macintosh. He developed the Apple.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
A Ahad
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Science and art are intertwined   Science and art are intertwined EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 2:12 pm

I think you may be right Shelagh... the Apple Mac! Science and art are intertwined Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Science and art are intertwined   Science and art are intertwined Empty

Back to top Go down

Science and art are intertwined
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: