Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Knocking the French

Go down 
+7
Malcolm
Carol Troestler
alice
Abe F. March
Betty Fasig
Dick Stodghill
joefrank
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Knocking the French - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knocking the French   Knocking the French - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:49 pm

The mixed reactions on this thread, it seems to me, constitute another example of how we all see stuff from different perspectives. Some of us focus on one aspect, some on another.

As fictional character Jacob "Jake" "Dutchy" Roedel said in Daniel Woodrell's Woe to LIve On, aka Ride with the Devil (Ang Lee's film version), "It ain't right and it ain't wrong. It just is."

Just me,

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Knocking the French   Knocking the French - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:37 pm

Wow Ann. That movie brought home to me what life was like for my family during the Civil War. Some of it even took place in my ancestor's town, and when they showed all the people at the party before the war in front of the hospital where the battle would take place, I imagined they were my great-grandparents and great aunts and uncles.

It gave me a lot of information for my book, Flow On Sweet Missouri, and made me aware of how much my family suffered and how fortunate it was that they all survived the war as well as did the heirlooms they brought over from England.

That movie was where I got the idea for young Carrie to go down to the Missouri River with the bushwhacker who had frightened her and given her nightmares where the river turned to blood with fighting all around. In her desperation, forgiveness and healing occurred. You reminded me of how much writing that story meant to me..

Indeed, it just was what it was.

Love, Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Knocking the French   Knocking the French - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:36 am

Marie Pacha wrote:
I don't have a blog Shelagh.
I have several, but update seldom. The feeds I use keep the imortant stuff permanently visible (the review Ann wrote as an example). I would recommend that you do set up a blog on a social network or by blog host.

I have been meaning to ask for quite some time, please do not post circulated emails on the forum. I don't mind quotations from emails but not the whole text, which can be pmed to fellow members instead of posting on the forum.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Knocking the French   Knocking the French - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:20 am

Marie, you might check www.blogger.com It's easy to use and you can update it only when and if you feel like it. I know of a few that are updated once a week and people always check them out. I don't use a schedule so sometimes it's a couple of times a week, sometimes five or six. I'm a few short of 500 because it serves as a substitute for the newspaper columns I used to write. A blog is a great way to relax when you need a break or an opportunity to vent your angers or frustrations.
Maybe you should start one like www.criminalbrief.com and several others devoted to mystery writing. Six or seven people each have a day so they only have to write once a week. You could recruit that many writers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knocking the French   Knocking the French - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Knocking the French
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2