Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?

Go down 
+9
Malcolm
Betty Fasig
joefrank
Rd357
alj
thehairymob
RetiredName
mike bryon
NYT BEST
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NYT BEST
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? Empty
PostSubject: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:43 am

affraid

Last edited by NYT BEST on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mike bryon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:09 am

I have been known to say nothing at dinner parties. Sometimes the worthy reply does not come to me until hours later. Some posts catch my attention and distract me from my writing some don’t. Its nothing conscious.
Back to top Go down
NYT BEST
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:25 am

flower

Last edited by NYT BEST on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:27 am

Because some topics make my brain hurt and I can only take so much pain killer on one day.
Back to top Go down
NYT BEST
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:34 am

flower

Last edited by NYT BEST on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:38 am

NYT BEST wrote:
cturkel wrote:
Because some topics make my brain hurt and I can only take so much pain killer on one day.

Which topics make your brain hurt?

Some.
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:47 am

Sometimes everything that need said is already there in a thread. In others you get the feeling that what you would say would be of little interest or add anything relevant to the topic. At other times the discussion grabs at you and you can't help but to think about it but once you have the conversation has moved on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:53 am

What Billy said.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
NYT BEST
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:02 am

Billy and Ann,

You both are so wise. I always like what you say.
Back to top Go down
Rd357

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:30 am

Mike, I have the same problem. I tend to stand alone during the party and have little to talk about but suddenly come up with wonderful ideas I'm home and relaxed.

Billy, I feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
NYT BEST
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:45 am

affraid

Last edited by NYT BEST on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mike bryon
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2010-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:37 pm

rd357
Your right about the need to be relaxed for the ideas to flow. But even then I sometimes find the pace of conversation simply too much and frankly puzzling. By the time I’ve reflected on what has been said the subject has changed and I’ve missed half of it. My wife despairs.
Back to top Go down
NYT BEST
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 4:53 pm

Sleep

Last edited by NYT BEST on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:04 pm

2/26/2010

NYT...

I love opinions, especially political
since our country is falling apart faster
than I can talk...Last week 2000 more
un-employed. I have a good friend who
lost her job in a gallery after 5 years no
business and her husband is a salesman
for Toyota , he said there are no sales !
They just bought a house 5 years ago and
now they'll be in big trouble !

Cheers..Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:33 pm

Dear NYT,
I am often a late poster to message boards and the conversation has gone on into tangents and what I would like to add seems insignificant and out of place to the discussion.

Mostly, I am a serious person. The flippant repartee is beyond my brain. I am not good at the old 'give and take' stuff. I say what I mean, mean what I say and do not try to get more convoluted than that. It is all my heart can take to respond with honesty to posts.

That is not to say that I do not think thoughts about posts made here. I just keep most of them to my own self.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:44 pm

NYT,

Some threads have a notorious amount of thread drift by the time I see them, and so after wading through all the tangents, I sort of think what the hell's the point in trying to get the thing back to the subject it started with. At that point, it's too late to catch up.

If the threads don't focus on writing, I often ignore them.

Malcolm

Last edited by Malcolm on Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 5:52 pm

Thread drift is a problem here. I've noticed that.
Back to top Go down
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 6:03 pm

Dear Malcom,
It is my thought that all the threads here focus on writing. It does not matter if it is a thread about grasses in pastures, it is all about what the eye of the poster sees and shares.

The reason I say that is that in order to write, one cannot only think about writing, the ideas, visions, descriptions, people, places that all make up the fabric of a story come from somewhere. There is no one look at the world, it is a conglomerate of sightings and small recordings of written words that do the informing. All the people who write here put down a little of their knowledge and a glimpse of the view they see. It is important. No person's thought is without grace. Add it to the mix and it becomes part of the character that is human experience.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
NYT BEST
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:12 pm

affraid

Last edited by NYT BEST on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
luigie
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
luigie

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:25 pm

Hi
I can talk for ages on Rugby Union.
After a few glasses of Spanish red, I can talk for ages on any subject.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tudor.vc/tudor/harritudur.html
NYT BEST
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Sleep

Last edited by NYT BEST on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
luigie
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
luigie

Number of posts : 266
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi NYT
I see you beat me to the red.....
Beam me up Scotty.Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? 327456
Back to top Go down
http://www.tudor.vc/tudor/harritudur.html
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:28 am

Betty Fasig wrote:
Dear Malcom,
It is my thought that all the threads here focus on writing. It does not matter if it is a thread about grasses in pastures, it is all about what the eye of the poster sees and shares.

The reason I say that is that in order to write, one cannot only think about writing, the ideas, visions, descriptions, people, places that all make up the fabric of a story come from somewhere. There is no one look at the world, it is a conglomerate of sightings and small recordings of written words that do the informing. All the people who write here put down a little of their knowledge and a glimpse of the view they see. It is important. No person's thought is without grace. Add it to the mix and it becomes part of the character that is human experience.

Love,
Betty

I love this thought. I will add it to my collection of what I call The Gospel (in the sense of Good News) According to Betty: a source of great wisdom.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:39 am

The Chatter Box is for chatter. I have yet to have a conversation (on or off line) with a group of people that stayed on topic. We have a finite number of words to say about anything before we start to repeat ourselves. We usually stray away from a topic before we've shared everything we know about it. What's more, we often remember the most important thing we should have said minutes, hours or days later.
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
RetiredName
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 5:43 am

NYT BEST wrote:
Thank you Joe, Betty and Malcolm. cturkel, hope this is not making your brain hurt.

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?   Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do you comment on some posts and ignore others?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next