Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Crap Runs Downhill

Go down 
+6
Shelagh
dkchristi
Abe F. March
joefrank
LC
dtpollard
10 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 6:06 pm

I am never surprised at how the superiority game never ends. The guy with two hands makes fun of the guy with one. The guy with three eyes makes fun of the guy with two, no wait, it's the other way around on that one.

Any way, the author that got an advance makes fun of the author who did not, over and over and over and over and over and over and over .... again. IT"S boring and no one else cares. Stroke your ego and feel self important. The guy in a brick house mocks the man with a wooden house who looks down on the man with the mobile home who belittles the guy in the one-room shack who laughs at the man in the tent who runs down the person living in a cardboard box who smirks about the man sleeping on the sidewalk. The man on the sidewalk once had a brick house until he lost his job.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 6:08 pm

And the self-important lecturers keep self-importantly lecturing about how bored they are by it all.
Back to top Go down
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 6:18 pm

I admire your output. You have almost three times my posting output in much time on the forum. You either have splendid advice or get into a lot of arguments. I only have so many words in me before I run out so I try to pace myself.
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 6:19 pm

Or you just run on slow.
Back to top Go down
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 6:25 pm

OOOHHH, that's a good one. I'm too busy minding my own business to tell others how misguided they are over the choices that they made in life or with their work. As an aside, when I update my website the new changes are not made available for public viewing until I click on the publish button. It does not matter who presses that publish button, but after it is pressed, anyone that types in that url address can view the updated site.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
joefrank

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 6:56 pm

1/21/2010

DT... Very Happy

LC... is a lost cause, belittling other authors
is her forte' , she thinks she's above everyone, you
know what, we know who we are and what we're
capable of , we're all proud of our work....Keep going
DT..your doing a great job..

Cheers..Joe.. Crap Runs Downhill 642629
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptyWed Jan 20, 2010 9:57 pm

Good post Dt.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:13 am

I recommend a great little book by Dom Luis, "The Four Agreements." 1) Never take anything personally 2) Never make assumptions 3) Be impeccable with your word and 4) Always do your best. He goes on to explain all of these, but #1 is sufficient. Other people speak from their own agenda. When they say something offensive, it is a reflection of their own insecurities and painful experiences. A person whose life is one of accomplishments and prosperity (that includes spiritual prosperity) spreads the joy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:23 am

Crap Runs Downhill 950944 Thanks for spreading the joy, DK!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:42 am

Do I need toilet tissue for this thread????
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:46 am

I only ask because I am currently at the bottom (pun intended) of this thread and as the subject "crap" runs down I'm in line. Crap Runs Downhill Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 7:53 am

DT well said by the way. Crap Runs Downhill 973110
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 8:11 am

dkchristi wrote:
I recommend a great little book by Dom Luis, "The Four Agreements." 1) Never take anything personally 2) Never make assumptions 3) Be impeccable with your word and 4) Always do your best. He goes on to explain all of these, but #1 is sufficient. Other people speak from their own agenda. When they say something offensive, it is a reflection of their own insecurities and painful experiences. A person whose life is one of accomplishments and prosperity (that includes spiritual prosperity) spreads the joy.

This is a great little book, and very much to the point here. I must admit, I struggled while reading it, because I felt very small, and could not see how I could possibly live up to the ideal being taught. That "never" and "always" part got to me. But the words are some that we could all strive toward. Thanks, DK, for the reminder.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:45 am

Good post DK. Those ideals are hard to live by, but worth trying.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 11:00 am

DT,

A good reminder.

Crap Runs Downhill 846271
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:09 pm

lol!

Last edited by alice on Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:29 pm

Sorry I drove you nuts, Alice.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:53 pm

lol!

Last edited by alice on Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 4:00 pm

I could learn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crap Runs Downhill Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crap Runs Downhill   Crap Runs Downhill Empty

Back to top Go down

Crap Runs Downhill
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: