Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Your true opinion of Kindle, etc...?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
madhatter
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
madhatter

Number of posts : 502
Registration date : 2008-02-13

Your true opinion of Kindle, etc...? Empty
PostSubject: Your true opinion of Kindle, etc...?   Your true opinion of Kindle, etc...? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi, all.

I am seriously considering (re)publishing my first two novels on Kindle. The publisher--now out of business--released all rights back to me.

How do you those of you who have ebooks really feel about them? Do you think it is worth the time and effort?

I'd appreciate your feedback on this...

Thanks!

Rhett aka madhatter
Back to top Go down
http://www.rhettdevane.com
three_corners

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Your true opinion of Kindle, etc...?   Your true opinion of Kindle, etc...? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:42 pm

I personally do not have one myself, but from what I have heard from others, it is apparently very similar to reading an actual book, with a strikingly paper-like screen. I had my doubts as to whether they would catch on at first, but now it seems that more and more companies are jumping on this eBook bandwagon, and it is getting increasingly popular, especially on Amazon. It is a technology that, at the very least, is here to stay, and worth accommodating.
Back to top Go down
P. Gordon Kennedy
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
P. Gordon Kennedy

Number of posts : 1076
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Your true opinion of Kindle, etc...?   Your true opinion of Kindle, etc...? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 1:54 pm

Personally, I perfer reading a paper book to reading off an electronic device, but appearently e-books are very popular. Also, paper books seem to be more durible (they don't break down like an electronic device can). Some people think that just because something is digital or electronic it's better, but I don't always think this is so.
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Your true opinion of Kindle, etc...?   Your true opinion of Kindle, etc...? EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 2:02 pm

I think it really comes down to what the reader wants. Some prefer paper, some e-book. We must provide what they want to let them make the choice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your true opinion of Kindle, etc...?   Your true opinion of Kindle, etc...? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your true opinion of Kindle, etc...?
Page 1 of 1