Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Teleseminars are an incredible way to showcase your book

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KathleenGageSpeaker
One Star Member
One Star Member
KathleenGageSpeaker

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Teleseminars are an incredible way to showcase your book Empty
PostSubject: Teleseminars are an incredible way to showcase your book   Teleseminars are an incredible way to showcase your book EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 2:11 pm

A client of mine recently hosted a teleseminar that was "by invitation only." The ticket in was the purchase of his newly released book.

The process was such that we set up a unique landing page for people to read about the book and teleseminar. When someone click through to a second page they were given simple instructions about ordering the book from Amazon.com, returning to the page to fill out the registration form, and presto! they received all the details for the call.

In order for people to know about the teleseminar and the landing page, I sent out media releases, announcements via Social Networks, blogs, distribution lists and various forums.

The event was a huge success on many levels. It was a great way to sell the book, showcase the author's expertise and build an opt-in database.

Kathleen Gage
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetsmartsmarketing.com
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Teleseminars are an incredible way to showcase your book   Teleseminars are an incredible way to showcase your book EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 3:08 pm

I think you are right that teleseminars can be helpful Kathleen, particularly if you are working in the non-fiction realm and are sharing info that is described or complimented in the book. I think on the fiction side it ends up being along the lines of "how I wrote my book" which can be a tough sell, except when you have a cause, a mission, which I mention briefly in a different thread. You know, something to get people thinking about larger issues beyond "my book that I want to sell". I think people get filled up (fed up?) with others who set themselves up as gurus and say they can help you help yourself, when really what they are doing is marketing their own book, seminar...or adding your name to their email subscription lists. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Teleseminars are an incredible way to showcase your book   Teleseminars are an incredible way to showcase your book EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 6:58 am

Kathleen,

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding these seminars and, like Pam, have doubts about their viability for fiction where the author just wants to sell the book and then write more, not become a guru and start offering courses, and e-books.

As a listener in a hurry-up kind of world, the chatty, linear nature of a teleseminar seems very slow. If all the information in the seminar were typed out on a page or screen, I could read through it in a fraction of the time; I could also skip the parts that don't apply to me rather than having to listen to the whole thing.

What's the incentive here for the listener?

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
KathleenGageSpeaker
One Star Member
One Star Member
KathleenGageSpeaker

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Teleseminars are an incredible way to showcase your book   Teleseminars are an incredible way to showcase your book EmptyTue Apr 01, 2008 4:35 pm

You are both correct. I only work in the non-fiction realm so cannot speak to how successful a teleseminar would be for a fiction book.

Great observation!

Kathleen
Back to top Go down
http://www.streetsmartsmarketing.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Teleseminars are an incredible way to showcase your book   Teleseminars are an incredible way to showcase your book Empty

Back to top Go down

Teleseminars are an incredible way to showcase your book
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Marketing :: Marketing Tips-
Jump to: