Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

DT's book inspires a blog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

DT's book inspires a blog Empty
PostSubject: DT's book inspires a blog   DT's book inspires a blog EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:51 am

A Stodghill Says So blog inspired by DT Pollard's new book:
There is a new book by D.T. Pollard that should make the bestseller list, but won't if a great many Americans have their way. The title is Obama Guilty of Being President While Black. Unfortunately it seems to be true.
Only this morning I read an online story about insurance companies dictating the way doctors provide health care. Why do we have to return to the doctor if we need more than one thing done? Because the insurance companies won't pay for more than one procedure per visit. When I go in for a monthly shot of energy juice I have to go back to have a simple skin cancer removed, a procedure that takes only a few minutes. It isn't the fault of the doctors. Like everyone, they like to be paid for their work.
How many times do we hear abut someone being denied an operation or some other treatment because an insurance company won't pay for it? In some cases that is a death sentence, yet right-wingers shout that this is what government run health care would do.
It's a sham and a shame. Having a black president proposing health care for all Americans has sent every fanatic into the streets protesting. Those in other countries, where universal health care is taken for granted, don't understand it. What does it say about us when some Americans are now moving to Mexico in order to be covered?
The insurance companies are against Obama's plan, of course. So are the big pharmaceutical companies and the Party of No. Right-wing talk show fanatics shout protests and at least one preacher says Obama should be killed. Republicans in Congress say it is too expensive, yet are all in favor of pouring more money down the Afghanistan rat hole.
Makes me wonder whatever happened to this country. Makes me wonder what kind of people live among us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: DT's book inspires a blog   DT's book inspires a blog EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 2:30 pm

DT's book inspires a blog 950944

I do not know what people are thinking sometimes. People fear there will be government death panels deciding who shall live. Well, for years insurance companies have been deciding who shall live, and they will continue to do so unless something is changed.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: DT's book inspires a blog   DT's book inspires a blog EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 9:44 pm

The death throes of an old worldview.

These guys will continue to fight, but they don't get that they have lost the battle. They may continue to stir stuff up, but the country has changed, and it won't turn back.

The tide has turned.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: DT's book inspires a blog   DT's book inspires a blog EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:22 pm

I agree Ann. The momentum that has started will not go away and that's good. The fight for justice must continue.
When one consideres that civil service (and that includes military personnel and VA recipients) have good health care programs, why not everyone else? The tax payer supports government employees with good programs yet many of those paying the bill are not covered.
As Dick pointed out, the insurance companies decide what care will be given, dictated by what they will pay. I think the word "care" or "service" needs to be eliminated from the current system of health providers. They seemingly don't care about the health of the patient but care only about their profits. As for service, that is another term misused and abused.

I hope that DT's book is a winner. He dares to speak out and more of us should do the same.
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: DT's book inspires a blog   DT's book inspires a blog EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 1:55 am

I heard of an excellent government program for health care when I visited my daughter and son-in-law recently. My son-in-law is a Navy doctor, the Navy having put him through medical school and then his serving as a Navy doctor for four years. Now he is in psychiatry residency through the Navy and part is in a civilian hospital. He discovered that some of the doctors in the hospital are Navy doctors, that there is a program that a doctor will work for Navy pay but in public health and work towards military retirement while doing so. I think this is a great idea.

The medicare programs that have had problems are those contracted by insurance companies. The government run program works pretty well.

While watching Ken Burns' National Parks documentary, I thought how America is about balance, a balance between free enterprise, capitalism, the market place and preserving our beautiful environment, bringing order, providing a country in which creativity and imagination is encouraged, and cares about its people. The establishment of the National Parks grew out of the concern they would not be preserved but used for money making, as Niagara Falls had been previously. Last week we watched a program on National Park Lodges and stayed at a one this summer. These are beautiful lodges making money to be sure, but are in keeping with the environment, are unique, blend in with the surroundings. It can be done. We can combine caring and free enterprise into the principles of the United States set down in our Declaration and Constitution.

I like to believe we have turned the corner, that our grandchildren won't just be shouldered with a huge debt as the naysayers would like us to believe, but will be living in a better country, less materialistic and more caring. The copyright and patent laws were put in place to encourage creativity and new inventions to help our country prosper, but prosperity is not just material, but living lives of meaning. Look at the technology we use everyday at minimal cost considering what it does for us. It can be done without us becoming communistic or losing our freedoms. People need to look beyond the shouting points, the word phrases used as propaganda, and imagine how problems can be solved.

Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: DT's book inspires a blog   DT's book inspires a blog EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 6:19 am

I like what former President Clinton said about the situation on Cnn, when asked if the "vast, right-wing conspiracy" that had hounded his presidency was still here:

"Oh, you bet. Sure it is. It's not as strong as it was, because
America's changed demographically, but it's as virulent as it was," the
former president replied.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/09/27/clinton.conspiracy/index.html?eref=rss_topstories

I would go even further, and say that it has grown even more virulent, because it has less control.

A reasonable minded person has only to watch and listen to our current president to know how strong, knowledgeable, and rational the man is. If anyone can lead us through this crisis, it is he.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DT's book inspires a blog   DT's book inspires a blog Empty

Back to top Go down

DT's book inspires a blog
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Stodghill Says So-
Jump to: