Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Three Cups of Tea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Three Cups of Tea Empty
PostSubject: Three Cups of Tea   Three Cups of Tea EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 8:12 am

I'm posting this to alert you to a great book that provides much understanding of the region where we are now engaged in war.

Three Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin

This book is one of the best I have ever read and the message is one that needs to be spread.
As an American who lived and worked in the Middle East, I could readily understand the misunderstandings of westerners trying to do business in this region. Greg Mortenson had the acumen, patience and persistence needed to overcome many obstacles. His vision of bringing education to the children of Afghanistan and Pakistan, particularly the girls, is being realized. His story expresses the fact that peace is not gained by guns but by understanding and through education. Honesty is paramount - not empty promises. Nothing good comes easy and Greg Mortenson took great risks and was willing to sacrifice everything he had to achieve his dream. He exemplifies the best in mankind.
His work continues.

For more information about this book, check the editorials on Amazon.com
Back to top Go down
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Three Cups of Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Cups of Tea   Three Cups of Tea EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 8:23 am

We need such books to do well.

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Three Cups of Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Cups of Tea   Three Cups of Tea EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 9:35 am

He was a guest speaker at the local Florida Gulf Coast University and had an extensive write-up in the local paper. Thanks for bringing his work to our attention. I agree.

I just finished reading a book by Arthur C. Clark that was also an eye opener, The Scorpion's Gate. It was not about the people, but rather the politics and self-interests that also dominate that area.

Abe, you have experience in the Middle East; so, you can sort out the bits a little better than most. It's still culturally difficult for Westerners to fathom.

I remember my last of five years in S. Korea feeling as though I had learned much about the life and culture and still feeling like a stranger in a strange land. I lived and worked among the Korean people; I spoke the language; I studied at their universities; I celebrated and cried with my Korean friends. My DNA did not reach back through their history; mine is Western European. Though our humanity touches at hearts and souls, our thinking is shaped by that very DNA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Three Cups of Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Cups of Tea   Three Cups of Tea EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:01 pm

Thanks Malcolm and DK. Understanding and seeking to understand is a big step in resolving problems.
Back to top Go down
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Three Cups of Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Cups of Tea   Three Cups of Tea EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:08 pm

Sounds like an inspiring book, Abe. I'll look it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Sponsored content

Three Cups of Tea Empty
PostSubject: Re: Three Cups of Tea   Three Cups of Tea Empty

Back to top Go down

Three Cups of Tea
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: Books-
Jump to: