Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Request a little help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ckc

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Request a little help Empty
PostSubject: Request a little help   Request a little help EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:08 am

My husband and I currently have 2 e-books being sold through an overseas publisher on a 50-50 basis. The royalty percentage is great however, over the past few years that the books have been available, we rarely have received over 200 - 250 dollars per quarter in sales and as of late that figure has reduced as well.

Since we are already locked in with our current books and are not really technically computer literate we would like to find someone or some company that is willing to at least read our new writings and offer a solution that would help us increase sales. These are self-help genre and very - very detailed. We are both retired and on a limited income and cannot afford to contract with someone wanting up-front money. Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you, CKC
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

Number of posts : 5044
Registration date : 2009-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Request a little help   Request a little help EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:19 am

I'm not sure what you're asking. Does your post boil down to: you wrote a new book and are looking for a publisher?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Request a little help   Request a little help EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:35 am

... I think ckc is also saying that self-publishing isn't an option because neither ckc nor her husband have any computer skills.

Here are two lists of publishers of self-help books:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Request a little help   Request a little help EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:54 am

Yes, I saw that she didn't want to pay upfront, so I assumed commercial publisher. Otherwise, aren't Lulu and Createspace free (don't know, I've never used them). And, of course, there's everyone's fave pub, he who shall not be mentioned. Smile
Back to top Go down
ckc

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Request a little help   Request a little help EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 4:59 am

Thank you Shelagh and LC for your response. Yes, we are looking for a publisher - or someone ? that is willing to look at our work and offer advice. Thank you Shelagh for the listings. We will search them out for one that accepts self-help. We sincerely appreciate your information.
ckc
Back to top Go down
LC
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
LC

PostSubject: Re: Request a little help   Request a little help EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 5:47 pm

CKC, also check out the 2009 Writer's Market book. I'm not sure what you mean by a publisher who is willing to look at your work and ask advice. Have you queried publishers before? If not, there's a lot to learn about this, and there are many books on the subject. I don't know that any are going to offer you advice; most either ask for more or just reject (aka, never answer).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Request a little help   Request a little help Empty

Back to top Go down

Request a little help
Page 1 of 1