Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Hi Everyone

Go down 
+13
Malcolm
alice
Betty Fasig
thehairymob
Abe F. March
mjgoodnow
Shelagh
Don Stephens
zadaconnaway
Carol Troestler
dkchristi
Phil Whitley
Joy McQuiston
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Joy McQuiston
One Star Member
One Star Member
Joy McQuiston

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Hi Everyone - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:18 pm

I suppose I'm just slow.Very Happy Actually, I have to wonder why I was always too careful what I said on there, because I didn't even like it to begin with. Recently, I only returned to attempt to promote my book and other writings, including my different sites, but I once again ran into the "gruesome trio" and their sidekicks. I finally had enough.

The following is what I posted to get me banned:
Where Is The Truth?

Is it still around, say in a song?
Or in a greeting card, or an embrace?
Is it for our vanity that we do long?
Lying to others just to save face.

We will judge in the midnight hour
Our deeds and services we do today
We will find a poor crumbling tower
Should we choose an imprudent way.

Nestled among the pure and lending
Who are blessed with golden hearts
Are those irksome people; pretending
Imposters who smell like buffalo farts.

By Joy McQuiston
Back to top Go down
Joy McQuiston
One Star Member
One Star Member
Joy McQuiston

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:22 pm

Gee, just after my latest post, it is hard to read because it is so small. I like it so much I think I will re-submit in a larger size. Hope you don't mind.

Where Is The Truth?

Is it still around, say in a song?
Or in a greeting card, or an embrace?
Is it for our vanity that we do long?
Lying to others just to save face.

We will judge in the midnight hour
Our deeds and services we do today
We will find a poor crumbling tower
Should we choose an imprudent way.

Nestled among the pure and lending
Who are blessed with golden hearts
Are those irksome people; pretending
Imposters who smell like buffalo farts.

By Joy McQuiston
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:29 pm

Well done. The first time I asked a question too many times.

The second time they couldn't even think of a reason, they did me a favor though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Joy,

I think you would have been all right except for the last line!!!

Hi Everyone - Page 2 973110 Hi Everyone - Page 2 973110
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Joy McQuiston
One Star Member
One Star Member
Joy McQuiston

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 12:45 pm

But it rhymed so well with hearts. Laughing
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 1:47 pm

Bless your heart, Joy! Celebration is in order. Thank you for reposting the poem. Between the font, size and my poor eyes, I had trouble reading the first one and wanted to read it. It was quite good.

I left of my own accord, I was fearful I might unleash my tongue and get myself sued!
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:07 pm

I just left. There was nothing left to say there.Neutral
I tried to get banned, but never made it.

Joy, I think we shared some "silly" moments at one point. You will probably like it here. Your last line is pure genius.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 2:37 pm

I left as well, but there were kind words there, and as happens so often, a few frustrations overshadowed the good there.

Carol
Back to top Go down
Joy McQuiston
One Star Member
One Star Member
Joy McQuiston

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2009 3:24 pm

Yes, girls, I understand what all of you are saying. I have never been banned from anywhere in my life, but I guess I wanted to in this case. Carol, I have always said that there are usually a few sour grapes in every good bunch and I'm so thankful to have realized that the good outweigh the bad in every case. Unless I'm in prison, then that would be a different story, but you'll never catch me there. Shocked We will find those above-mentioned seeds in church, in our neighborhood association, in our local market, or some organized social group. At one time, before I changed my major in college (I did not graduate), I was heavily involved in Sociology.

I suppose I could say I became frustrated once again. It seems because of the one book I have written, a stigma will follow me everywhere. I still feel proud of my book, and the contents needed to be exposed, but some are against this act I have displayed. Anyway, for the most part, I do have friends, and all of you, and it is more peaceful here. I will miss the good people on the PA Board, but maybe I'll see them on Facebook, or here.

Joy
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Welcome. Sit here in the shade. Have some cheese and wine.
The members will sing for you as you relax. Would you like a massage?
Back to top Go down
Joy McQuiston
One Star Member
One Star Member
Joy McQuiston

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2009 3:18 pm

I would love to whine as I receive my massage. My back is actually tight from all the shopping I did today. I went and bought all the flowers I'm planting this year, on top of the Wallmart thing. I can barely sit straight up at this computer so your kind gesture of a massage is coming through nicely.

Thank you!

Joy
Back to top Go down
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:04 am

I usually don't get around to welcoming the new members. I am trying to do better. So Welcome to the Group!!!!! Diversity is the spice of life! We are very diversified here and I love this group! Hope you will too.
Back to top Go down
Joy McQuiston
One Star Member
One Star Member
Joy McQuiston

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:15 am

Sue,

Thank you for your nice and warm welcome. I look forward to chatting with you.

Joy
Back to top Go down
Domenic Pappalardo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Domenic Pappalardo

Number of posts : 2557
Registration date : 2009-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 6:26 pm

Welcome. Would like to read some of your work.
Back to top Go down
Joy McQuiston
One Star Member
One Star Member
Joy McQuiston

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:00 am

Hello Domenic,

Thank you for your nice welcome. You may read some of my writings at the following locations:

www.joymcquiston.com
www.childabuse.com - Feature Writer
www.AuthorsDen.com/joymcquiston

I have one book I have published which you may find on my own website.

Thank you,

Joy
Back to top Go down
Joy McQuiston
One Star Member
One Star Member
Joy McQuiston

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:03 am

Carol,

I have read what you have written on Facebook, but I cannot find a "Comment" button to reply to you there. So, I will take the liberty of replying to you here.

I had no idea what you had gone through last year with your cancer. I can only imagine it caused you to look at life differently and it must have been very frightening. But look at your today -- A true survivor!!

Yes, I believe you have a book waiting for you to write about this, and you may just help others in the process.

xoxoxo,

Joy
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:28 am

I realized when I saw Elizabeth Edwards on TV yesterday that we had similar experiences with cancer. I wanted to send her a message on facebook, but didn't know exactly where it would go. I'm still learning my way around that place.

This messageboard has been a support group to me, and sometimes I feel I've talked about my medical condition too much. In the past, someone with a recurrence of cancer had a very limited life span. When I asked the doctors if I had weeks or months, they said I could have years. As with Elizabeth Edwards, my cancer is being treated as a chronic condition. The disability was worse than cancer.

It is already being written in my head, along with another great-grandmother book and editing eight years of journals from our cabin into a book, Cabin Journals.

Glad to see you here, Joy.

Carol
Back to top Go down
Joy McQuiston
One Star Member
One Star Member
Joy McQuiston

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:32 am

Carol,

I can only imagine how disabling your condition has been. Yet, to hear the doctors say that you may have years must be music to your ears. I understand what you mean about a book(s) being in your mind, ready to come out on paper. Maybe this would be a good thing for you to do now.

Speaking about writing about past generations, I am in the midst of ending my first chapter on a historical fiction I am writing, based around my g-g-g-g grandparents who started in North Carolina and eventually made their way West. I am using their actual names. This is easy for me to do as I have researched the Gatlin/Winfree line way far back, and I also have their deeds, etc., to pull into my novel of what implements, acres, land grants, etc., they actually possessed back then.

In addition to geneology, I am putting together a nostalgic album of the Winfree line, and as far as I know, I have the only orginal photographs dating back to the 1800's. It has been rewarding for me to do, and I feel if history is not written, so much will go unknown for our future generations.

I hope you are feeling much better now, and I have now begun adding you in my prayers.

xoxoxo,

Joy
Back to top Go down
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:04 am

Joy,

That type of writing is so rewarding, actually getting into ancestors' hearts and minds, having history, family and the world, come alive.

My next great-grandmother committed suicide and that is part of the story, what brought her to that point, how that affected the next generations, even though they often didn't know this had happened.

Carol
Back to top Go down
Joy McQuiston
One Star Member
One Star Member
Joy McQuiston

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 8:43 am

Carol,

Wow, to think someone had committed suicide way back then. I just never thought about someone doing that so long ago. I had a distant relative, or aunt who was lighting a stove and it caught her on fire and she burned to death. However, I am not sure exactly who she was so I will have to leave her out of my book. I have read where ladies used to get too close to the fireplaces with their long dresses on, and catch fire. I can't even imagine wearing long dresses in the summer, let alone catching fire before a stove or fireplace. These were certainly tragedies that could be written about. I can see where her suicide would change the course of lives for generations to come.

Joy
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2009 10:24 am

Welcome to the party Joy. Smile
Hope you find us informing and entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi Everyone   Hi Everyone - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Welcome-
Jump to: