Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Why I need to find the time!!

Go down 
+6
RunsWithScissors
thehairymob
Carol Troestler
Dick Stodghill
Shelagh
dmondeo
10 posters
AuthorMessage
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

Number of posts : 1485
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Why I need to find the time!! Empty
PostSubject: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 3:27 am

Yesterday was a nice day weather wise. My poorly wife (recovering from a back op) was feeling fit enough for a walk out in the sunshine.
So off we went to see a farm about a mile up the road from us.
This farm had advertised a nice restaurant, a place to pet the animals and a wild nature walk.
When we arrived at the farm and had finished our lunch we decided to do the wild nature walk.pig That is after visiting the animals.

The walk was very well sign posted "Follow the white Rabbit".
So we walked for about an hour accompanied by other visitors faithfully following every white rabbit sign through meadows and dense undergrowth.
Eventually we parted the long grass to catch a full view of a building in front of us. We stood in shock, jaws dropped, we were looking at our own house!!
We were standing in our own back garden.Wink

Today I have been out there cutting the long grass I was forced to find time to do this, time stolen from my writing.
I guess I need to organise my whole life not just my writing time eh?
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 5:27 am

A magical mystery tour that led you down the garden path and ended up at home! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 6:49 am

A great story. There's a moral somewhere in it, but I can't figure just what it is. Maybe it's that you didn't take time away from your writing, you just came up with material to write about.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 7:08 am

I love that story.

Live that life!!! Then write about it like you just did!
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 8:46 am

You can put it down to the winter blues or your wife's illness but now the good weather is here just say it was because of work Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 12:28 pm

** looking around my apartment ** Seems like I might need to stop writing for a few minutes and clean my apartment up. Sometimes I get writing tunnel vision. Thanks for the reminder!
Back to top Go down
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 1:32 pm

Thank you all Very Happy

I wondered at the time if the whole tour thing was a conspiracy to get me to put a little physical action into my life.
The things I found when cutting down that very long grass are the subject of another story.
If anyone is missing anything lately let me know I'll check if it is in the huge pile of stuff I found hidden in the garden.
Apart from neighbours missing pets etc, there was a bike, roller skates, odd socks, odd shoes, a budgie, a brief case full of government documents, a shadey looking gentleman handcuffed to said brief case, a wheel barrow full of forged currency, two garden gnomes and a supermarket shopping trolley. My wife swore blind that she had seen Humphry Bogart pulling a boat down the small stream that runs at the back of the garden. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shelagh
Admin
Admin
Shelagh

Number of posts : 12662
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 1:38 pm

With Katharine Hepburn at the helm. afro queen
Back to top Go down
http://shelaghwatkins.co.uk
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 3:16 pm

I don't know why - but this reminds me of great grampa. He used to say that he was going to open a spa for overweight ladies. He would charge them $200/day for room, board and weight losing activity. He planned to grow wheat, watermellons, pole beans, turnips, potatoes and strawberries. He thought he's add some apple trees and some animal husbandry. He would call it the "fat farm."

I guess it's because your walk in nature led you home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Betty Fasig
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Betty Fasig

Number of posts : 4334
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Dear Demondeo,
I thought that you should have called the farm and asked for your car to be brought around. hahah.

I cannot imagine a more Enchanting walk then finding at the end that you were home.

All animals long for home. Mankind included. The comfort of their own space, the smell of their own comfort, the cheer of their own family, the love of their partner.

Even people who have no one they can call their own family long for that bond and unconditional love. What a lovely end to a walk!

I would post the story of Ho Chi Takes a Walk on the Wild Side, but I did it not long ago. hahah.

Love,
Betty
Back to top Go down
http://woofferwood.webs.com/
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! EmptySun Apr 19, 2009 11:43 pm

Demondeo, That sounds like a great little walk you had. Did you know your home was on the tour? I had to chuckle at the tale, and if you should happen upon my mind in your pile of stuff would you please let me know?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
dmondeo
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dmondeo

PostSubject: Re: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! EmptyMon Apr 20, 2009 10:10 am

Marie Pacha wrote:
David,

Your garden reminds me of the endless closet in my Ewetopia story. It has pygmies, gorillas, a black hole, and Elvis and Buddy have been heard singing in its depths.

It seems as though your garden has the same potential!

Now I dont recall seeing a black hole in my garden but I am certain it contains a White hole, they are in theory what is at the end of a black hole.
That would explain where al that junk has come from. Ahad might know?!

I could write a book on mystical gardening what would I call it??
The power of positive Gardening perhaps?
Thanks Marie I shall have to give your book a look.study study
Back to top Go down
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! EmptyTue Apr 21, 2009 4:48 am

Dmondeo,

Great story! Well worth your time spent to entertain all of us. "There's no place like home!"
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why I need to find the time!!   Why I need to find the time!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Why I need to find the time!!
Page 1 of 1