Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

Number of posts : 1297
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook Empty
PostSubject: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi everyone. My publisher just released a Free First Chapter Chapbook as a promotional tool.

So if anyone would like to read the first chapters of my books for free, simply send an email to me:

brendahillseaman@yahoo.com

and enter the word, Chapbook, on the subject line, and I'll send the pdf file which includes the first chapters from Beyond the Quiet, Ten Times Guilty, and Plot Your Way to Publication.

I think it's a great idea and I'd love to share it with you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brendahill.com
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 6:27 pm

Brenda, I just sent you an e-mail. I'd love to read your work!
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

PostSubject: Re: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 6:37 pm

Thanks, Merri. Watch your email!
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 7:54 pm

Yea! I will.
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 8:42 pm

Brenda, I could not stop reading and I read all three of the first chapters. Wow! I need all three of these books!

Let me get my thoughts together so I can express adequately what I felt upon reading your marvelous works.

BEYOND THE QUIET
What a great job of conveying a feeling of overwhelming pain, but also a numbness that invades the soul when there is a deep loss. I thought how it was written in times (spring, first of the year, etc.) allowed for time to pass and for the woman to be at different stages of how she is dealing with her emotions and her place in the world. I believe this woman is like every woman. She is me, and you, and every woman I have ever known. It made me wonder how we go on (or maybe I should say come back) after we've experienced almost a lack of hope. I have been in a position like that before and know that time is one of the greatest healers of all. This was written with such heart and soul. Deeply touching.

TEN TIMES GUILTY
I could feel the wind, the darkness, the eerie feeling in my gut of a time when I was walking and could feel a malevolent presence nearby. I was scared and outraged and holding my breath as events unfurled. I could feel the pain of being hit, especially in the sentence about the loosened teeth. That gave me such a mental and physical sensation. Then to find out who the perpetrator was. Even more frightening. Your word choice and style could simply not be more perfect. I just got so engrossed and was so very disappointed when I couldn't read more!

PLOT YOUR WAY TO PUBLICATION
Reading this portion of your book got me excited all over again about writing! Thinking about characters and plot lines. Not judging it, but throwing it all out there and letting your imagination run wild. There's always time to reign all those thoughts in later and give them structure, but you captured the sheer joy of putting thoughts/ideas/dreams on paper. If I didn't already love writing, I'd want to try it because you make it seem like a wonderful adventure rather than a dull chore.

Thank you so much for sharing these first chapters of your books. I am so very impressed with your writing prowess and your ability to connect with the reader so swiftly and expertly.

I feel like I know you even better now from reading portions of your books.

AMAZING!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

PostSubject: Re: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:23 pm

Merri, I didn't expect a response, much less something as wonderful as what you've written. Your words touched me. Thank you. Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook 846271
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:26 pm

I didn't mean to gush, Brenda. I just had no idea how terrific your writing skills were. Although, Don did say that you were a fabulous writer, and I had a hunch he didn't offer praise like that lightly. I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your style of writing and your willingness to share your work with us.
Back to top Go down
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

PostSubject: Re: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:31 pm

Gushing is wonderful, Merri! You made me feel ten-feet tall.
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

PostSubject: Re: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 9:56 pm

Well, then I'll just gush away! hee hee I meant every word.
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 10:40 pm

I recently finished reading BEYOND THE QUIET, and can tell you, if you liked the first chapter, you will really love the book! Brenda had my rapt attention all the way through.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

PostSubject: Re: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 9:05 am

Thanks, Zada! Whenever I feel discouraged, I'll reread this thread.
Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook 846271
Back to top Go down
Pam
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Pam

Number of posts : 1790
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:38 pm

Brenda, that's a great marketing idea. I have seen author's offer snippets before, but I think it's reall interesting that your publisher is also behind it. Sounds brilliant!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mvpi.org
Brenda Hill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Brenda Hill

PostSubject: Re: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 2:41 pm

I agree, Pam, and it looks good too, since it includes the covers. So far it's had a favorable response, so I'm very pleased.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook   Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook Empty

Back to top Go down

Free! 1st Chapter Chapbook
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Authors and Books :: Books-
Jump to: