Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Help Ahad

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Help Ahad Empty
PostSubject: Help Ahad   Help Ahad EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 6:54 am

As we all know, Ahad is having problems being recognized for his discovery. He was edited out of Wikipedia for the reason that his work has not been substantially published in different places.
For Ahad’s constant to become a widely known concept, they need to see his paper appear on numerous websites that are independent of his own. I would like to suggest for those on this forum who have a website, to upload his paper on your website. It will generate thousands of hits on Google for “Ahad’s constant” and be mutually beneficial.

I further suggest that Ahad provide a site where his paper can be located, or that he post it on this forum for uploading.

Back to top Go down
lin
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
lin

Number of posts : 2753
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Help Ahad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Ahad   Help Ahad EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 7:05 am

Actually, I'm afraid they would consider the context of the paper on the site.

And so does Google, actually. The search alogrhythms degrade links to and from pages that don't "agree" with word content from the rest of the site. Also, it's not the amount of postings that Google likes (in fact, it will depreciate identical material found on many sites), but links. And forum links don't count.

The way to puff Ahad on the search engines would be for everybody to LINK to him. Or mention him.

Thing is, though, the wikidudes look at those links and won't take seriously a link from or astro paper posted on a romance writer site or whatever.
Back to top Go down
http://linrobinson.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Help Ahad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Ahad   Help Ahad EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 7:26 am

Lin,
you may be right, but it's worth a try using both methods.
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Number of posts : 890
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Help Ahad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Ahad   Help Ahad EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 9:17 am

I don't mind adding a link on my site to other authors sites even if they don't have a link to mine. Though as Lin says google is aware of the many tricks people use to help others rankings and punish those sites for it. For this reason I would be hesitant to do as you propose but you are to be commended for wishing to help our friend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.billyyoungsbooks.co.uk
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Help Ahad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Ahad   Help Ahad EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Seems like people could post tweets about it so that folks with clout in the area will find the information and make comments of their own about it.

What's the status of the publication of a paper in a respected journal?

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Help Ahad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Ahad   Help Ahad EmptyFri Feb 27, 2009 1:48 am

I'm going ahead with my own suggestion. I've created a separate space for "Ahad's Constant." It needs some revision but it is up if you care to look. Just go to my website.
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Help Ahad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Ahad   Help Ahad EmptyWed Apr 22, 2009 4:39 pm

hi everyone. I have a question about the wikipedia, I assume its the online encyclopedia.
I added my book to some content on the site. There was an article or page that was on the subject of my book. And I thought I would add that a book has been published on the subject.

I just joined wikipedia, is it legal to do that? It was just two sentences to mention it. This might be a silly question but I hope you understand the question and could help me.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Help Ahad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Ahad   Help Ahad EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 10:26 am

You will probably be deleted because unless you got the fame you ain't got the name. Cool
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Help Ahad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Ahad   Help Ahad EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:36 am

So we cant do that? The subject is very rare to have a book out on it. Actually a book may have never been written on it. I added it for people's attention. A subject like property or start a business would have hundreds and hundreds of books on the market so authors wouldn't think of adding it and couldn't do it.

It has not been deleted yet, but it has been edited for grammar. Shall I leave it on there? Am not sure what to do?
Back to top Go down
thehairymob
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
thehairymob

Help Ahad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Ahad   Help Ahad EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 11:52 am

I would leave it, just to see how long it lasts. You never know it may survive the deletist on there. I tried to add my first book Teddy the Bear to it but I didn't get away with it. I hope you have greater luck, kepeping my fingers crossed for you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
builder
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Help Ahad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Ahad   Help Ahad EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 12:24 pm

Thanks. I just found out that someone that has done the editing has even put the source at the end of the page which has link details/ISBN number for the book! I guess its alright then. I hope anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help Ahad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Ahad   Help Ahad Empty

Back to top Go down

Help Ahad
Page 1 of 1