Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Keep Moving Forward ...

Go down 
+7
Abe F. March
Dick Stodghill
Carol Troestler
alice
zadaconnaway
RunsWithScissors
Charlie Moore
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

Number of posts : 213
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Keep Moving Forward ... Empty
PostSubject: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 8:47 pm

Well, this won't be a controversial thread (apologies Diane, I know your intention was not controversy when you initially posted, but the title almost insured it). I don't believe in them. In my opinion, they're useless except to rise the ire in folks. So this thread probably won't rival the absolute write thread for length or anything else. All the same, maybe we can change our focus, at least temporarily.

I borrowed this title from a thread on another forum I regularly visit. I borrowed it becaused it inspired me. You see, a little over two weeks ago my mother passed away. My brothers and I were very close to our mother and it was difficult to let her go. Our dad died young and our mom was a widow at age 34. She didn't remarry. But things kept moving forward and we had to. Of course, in my religion, we believe the spirit does not die. It is simply taken to the other side of the veil. So when I was feeling down and missing my mom an author posted a thread with the above title I was reminded of what I believe in and my spirits were lifted.

I don't think it matters a whole lot what we think about a certain publisher or forum. Even though it will continue to be brought up and debated it simply isn't that important. Not when you put it up against real life issues. I would never say stop with all the comments because people have a right to voice their opinions, over and over with if they choose, for the prosecution or for the defense.

So, I guess I'm taking the suggestion of a fellow author who told those of us who read her thread to keep moving forward. It's what's beyond the next horizon that's important.

That's what is important to me, anyway.

Charlie
Back to top Go down
RunsWithScissors
Four Star Member
Four Star Member

Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 8:54 pm

deleted by merri

Last edited by merrihiatt on Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 8:57 pm

Thank you.

Regards,

Charlie
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Charlie, you put it in perspective! My condolences on your loss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 9:00 pm

Charlie,

You are so right and I am sorry that you lost your mother. Mothers are irreplaceable and they leave a big dent in your heart.

I found that after I lost my mother. If our children have a triumph they quickly share it with Dad, if they are upset, I am the ear.

After Mom died I thought, 'Where do I go to gripe?'

Good to see you again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Carol Troestler
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Carol Troestler

Number of posts : 3827
Registration date : 2008-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 10:01 pm

My mom was in a nursing home for five years and died last June at the age of 93. Every time I go past the nursing home, I want to go in and see her. I sometimes think of her in her room and all those who loved her there. And I love to think of her when she was a healthy and active member of our family.

I understand your loss, Charlie. It is the natural order of things that our mothers and fathers die before their children, but it does not make it any easier.

I agree, Charlie. We all need to move on, but not without enjoying each day and treasuring joy and beauty. That's all we have, each day, and each day we need to keep moving on, keep looking at what is, and what tomorrow can bring.

Thanks for the words.

Love, Carol
Back to top Go down
http://www.authorsden.com/ctroestler
Dick Stodghill
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Dick Stodghill

Number of posts : 3795
Registration date : 2008-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 6:01 am

Excellent point made, Charlie. Sorry to hear about your mother. One of the bad things about the passing of time.

Keep moving forward is good advice. You have to hope, of course, that you are not in a mine field.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dickstodghill.com
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 6:07 am

Charlie,
good post. Looking ahead instead of behind makes sense.
If one drives a car looking in the rearview mirror, looking at what is passed, most likely they will become part of the past.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 6:13 am

For the longest time after my dad died, I would be driving or working at some task, think about something, and immediatly after think how I couldn't wait to tell Dad. I would be sad for a little bit before I realized that I didn't have to tell him. He knew as soon as I thought it.

Keep moving forward, Charlie, Carol, Alice, and everyone else who is coping with loss.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sue
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Sue

Number of posts : 1216
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 6:26 pm

Charlie, I feel for your loss. I just lost my father right before Christmas. It is always difficult losing someone you love.

As your post says, keep moving forward. That is what keeps us sane and helps us get over the loss to some degree. Thank you for your post!
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 7:15 pm

I was shopping for Christmas at CVS and saw the box of angel pins and thought, "Dorry would like one of these;" but my stepmother and close friend passed a few months ago, and the pin will not do her any good. I couldn't help but wonder if her spirit was talking to me, comforting me, letting me know she is not gone but surrounds me with her continued love every day of my life.

I wish you comfort in your time of loss and thank you for the moving forward thread. One day at a time. Sometimes, one hour at a time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com
Charlie Moore
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Charlie Moore

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptySat Jan 31, 2009 10:00 pm

Well, I was right. These mushy, do-gooders threads have no pizzazz.

I just wanted to tell all you thanks for the kinds words concerning my mother's passing. Very much appreciated.

Charlie
Back to top Go down
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:22 am

Moving forward is far better than getting bogged down by going back. What's done is done. There is a saying, "If you have one foot in tomorrow (bad case of the 'what ifs') and one foot in yesterday, you are shilling on today". The typo is intentional.

I have found that for me, mistakes of yesterday are lessons I can carry into tomorrow. Happy memories of yesterdays can keep me smiling through the troubles of today; it is my job to simply show up each day and enjoy it for what it is.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
Helen Wisocki
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
Helen Wisocki

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 5:33 am

Charlie,

I offer my condolences on your loss. The thread may not have the pizzazz of some of the others, but your words are very heartfelt and touching. Through your pain, you've made many of us feel a tug at our heartstrings. That's pizzazzy enough for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.innocencebetrayedbyclergy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keep Moving Forward ...   Keep Moving Forward ... Empty

Back to top Go down

Keep Moving Forward ...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: