Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Interesting Kindle Article

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Interesting Kindle Article Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Kindle Article   Interesting Kindle Article EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:00 pm

I found this article on Oprah's Kindle endorsement interesting. Hardware is interesting but software is what you use (content).

article
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alice

Number of posts : 15672
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Kindle Article   Interesting Kindle Article EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 6:50 pm

Oprah is very successful, but I find her a bit odd.
Why does she think anyone cares how much she weighs?

Her extra pounds are no different than anyone elses--they may have been acquired in more exotic places.

All of her disgust at weighing too much is downrght funny. I am glad she is human.

Maybe the Kindle mess-up is a sign that she is fed up with selling things for people.

She is probably too worried about her weight to get anything right just now.

When she drops 40 pounds all will be well once again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
Malcolm
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Malcolm

Number of posts : 1504
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Kindle Article   Interesting Kindle Article EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 7:01 pm

I'm not quite sure what the article writer's point is.

Kindle may be useful to people regardless of whether the publishers of the specific books in Oprah's fan club have come to agreements with Amazon or not.

I don't watch her show, so I have no idea whether or not her endorsement included a suggestion that Kindle would make it easier to read book club books.

Malcolm
Back to top Go down
http://www.conjurewomanscat.com
zadaconnaway
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
zadaconnaway

Number of posts : 4017
Registration date : 2008-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Kindle Article   Interesting Kindle Article EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 9:43 pm

Hmm... as the article suggests, this might be a good time for interested parties to check ebay.

I'm with you, Malcolm. Is the article actually a putdown for Oprah's lack of foresight, or in praise of her getting a kindle and endorsing it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zadaconnaway.com
dtpollard
Four Star Member
Four Star Member
dtpollard

Number of posts : 636
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Kindle Article   Interesting Kindle Article EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 8:20 am

I think the article is dangerous to amazon because it reminds me of a great video game console, Sega Dreamcast, that was two steps ahead of its competitors. It died because there were not enough games written to play on the system.

This is bad word of mouth and either the publishers make more books available on the device or it is limited in its usefulness at a high price. If you pay that much, you wnat to be able to read any book out there and we know that is a near impossibility.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
alj

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Kindle Article   Interesting Kindle Article EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 1:06 pm

I hear that, DT. Hopefully, someday, someone will come up with a universal reader. In the meantime, Kindle is just another way for Amazon to get a strangle-hold monopoly on the book business.

Ann
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Kindle Article   Interesting Kindle Article Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting Kindle Article
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: